D
damooster
Guest
I am continuing my journey (attempt to attend Mass at every parish in the diocese, see link in signature) and today I went to a notoriously progressive parish. As always, I try to just concentrate on Mass so that I can participate fully, so I did not think about everything I had heard about this particular parish.
Right after Mass started, this young teenager with purple hair was seen walking down the center aisle, helping an elderly woman. They sat down in the front row.
The hair did not distract me, but the large pentagram on her t-shirt did. It was on a black background and the top tips were curved to make it look like a heart. But there is no doubt that it was a pentagram.
Let me say it again for those of you who may not have caught on: a teenage girl showed up for Mass today with a pentagram on her t-shirt.
Certainly, one person should not be responsible for the condemnation of an entire group. But her willingness to openly wear a pentagram tells you something about the community here. Had this been another parish, I guarantee she would not have worn that shirt. This type of thing is apparently accepted at this parish.
p.s. And everything I had heard about this parish was true. They even changed the words of the Lord’s Prayer.
Right after Mass started, this young teenager with purple hair was seen walking down the center aisle, helping an elderly woman. They sat down in the front row.
The hair did not distract me, but the large pentagram on her t-shirt did. It was on a black background and the top tips were curved to make it look like a heart. But there is no doubt that it was a pentagram.
Let me say it again for those of you who may not have caught on: a teenage girl showed up for Mass today with a pentagram on her t-shirt.
Certainly, one person should not be responsible for the condemnation of an entire group. But her willingness to openly wear a pentagram tells you something about the community here. Had this been another parish, I guarantee she would not have worn that shirt. This type of thing is apparently accepted at this parish.
p.s. And everything I had heard about this parish was true. They even changed the words of the Lord’s Prayer.