Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dead at 87

• Thread starter Thread starter YHWH_Christ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess there may be some here who were not adults four years ago, or followed the news, or just are unabashed hypocrites, but that was for a vacancy in the Spring before a November presidential election. Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Republicans are going to get whiplash changed directions so fast.

Now that the shoe is on the other foot, Republicans are going to get whiplash changed directions so fast.
are you implying the Demoncrats didn’t change directions from their position 4 years ago,

it just took four years for the GOP to see the Dems were right. bipartisanship in action

I do not see the issue as the same. In 2016, Anthony Scalia died in February 2016, 9 months before the next election, as opposed to now, less than 3 months. Even this late though, I see it as the president’s job to appoint a judge, just like Obama should have been allowed to appoint Scalia’s replacement. But then I am not going to play the hypocrite on this issue. Just because I do not agree with the Democrats attempt to delay the current appointment does not mean I do not see the poetic justice in it.

Just because I do not agree with the Democrats attempt to delay the current appointment does not mean I do not see the poetic justice in it.
it is all about what their constituents want.

many want a pro-life pick now,

for some, it was the only reason to vote for trump.

if one looks at it as the GOP senate wanted a conservative judge then and now, there is no hypocrisy. they are just playing the game to achieve the same goal.

Last edited:
Trump is still President. He gets his pick. That just takes a main reason to vote for his re-election off the table with the SC being solidly conservative.

It is well known that RBG upheld abortion of innocent babies. She observed Judaism.
First, the two things have nothing to do with each other. As someone else said, you can find Jewish people on either side of the abortion debate.

Second, she spent most of her life not practicing Judaism because she disagreed with how her Jewish congregation treated young women when she was growing up. She did not deny her Jewish heritage, but at the same time it’s incorrect to suggest she was observant.

Last edited:
Trump is still President. He gets his pick. That just takes a main reason to vote for his re-election off the table with the SC being solidly conservative.
Pundits will have a field day talking about a confirmation before the election removing a reason to vote for Trump, and conversely bringing out every registered Democrat to vote him out fo office.

So, he could get his Justice and but lose the election. If he thinks he’ll win the election, he should tell Mitch to hold up on the floor vote to lessen he Democratic turnout and increase the Republican.

Pundits will have a field day talking about a confirmation before the election removing a reason to vote for Trump, and conversely bringing out every registered Democrat to vote him out fo office.
And you don’t think fear of who he will install next year would be sufficient to have people coming out to vote against him?

As I see it, one loses votes either way.
So just go ahead and install someone.

According to AOC,the Dems will pack the SC if they prevail.Its a brave new world and we all need to get on board with doing our part to rebuild it,don’t you know?:woman_facepalming:t2:

I agree, his mental gymnastics re Obamacare and subsequent rulings are no doubt p,easing to the Dems.

I would be in favor of that if the nominee would be close to unanimously confirmed. I don’t’ see Trump nominating someone like that.
Do you think Biden will? he says his pick will be a pro-abortion judge,

why don’t people see the truth of the situation?

it is either a pro-life or pro-abortion pick. there is no fairness.

it is either a pro-life or pro-abortion pick. there is no fairness.
I don’t understand this pro-life and pro choice judge dicotomy.

Yes, there are different views of Constitutional interpretation, but personal views on a subject shouldn’t enter in to it.

I personally don’t understand how anyone can support the left/Dem platform.AOC and her twitter rant should be a real wake up call to everyone.She and her cohorts are the future of the Dem party

I would be in favor of that if the nominee would be close to unanimously confirmed. I don’t’ see Trump nominating someone like that.
Just being a Trump nominee will be all that is necessary for a party line division in the confirmation vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back