Justification: Three Questions for Protestants

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fidelis
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what?:confused:
Like the fact that many Protestants, when it comes to the topic of salvation are followers of their own interpretation of Paul, instead of followers of Jesus.

I think Protestant apologist James White put it best:
"We must allow the primary expositor of this issue (justification), in this case, the apostle Paul, to speak first; his epistles to the Romans and the Galatians must define the issues, for it is in them that we have direct discussions exactly how justification takes place. Once we have consulted these sources, we can then move on to garner other elements of the biblical revelation that are found in tangential ways elsewhere. " (The Roman Catholic Controversy, Bethany House Publishers, 1996, p. 147)
He later said, “But he [Jesus] did not deem it proper to discuss the issue prior to Calvary. In his sovereign will he left that to the Apostle Paul.”
In other words, in the Protestant mind, Paul trumps Jesus. :cool:
 
That’s not true in the slightest, Paul talks about it and defines it. What you just said is no different than Protestant’s saying to Catholic’s Mary triumph’s Jesus. :cool:
 
That’s not true in the slightest, Paul talks about it and defines it. What you just said is no different than Protestant’s saying to Catholic’s Mary triumph’s Jesus. :cool:
Sure, it would be no different—if we quoted Mary’s letters, written for specific purposes, as though they trumped Christ’s own teaching.

Since we don’t, it’s different.
 
As Paul does not trump Christ teaching, it’s just the perception that some Catholics have. If I remember right they were some here that said that perceptions didn’t matter. Just like some said in my former thread just because it’s perceived that way doesn’t mean it is.

It still shows my hypothesis that most Catholics have no idea about Protestants, nor do most Protestant have any idea about Catholics even though we may all love to debate like we do. I know I can say I have been very guilty of this on other forums where I debated.
 
Maybe try again next week.

Eventually somebody might post what Christ says, even if it doesn’t support their theological view.

But somehow I doubt it.

Chuck
 
Maybe try again next week.

Eventually somebody might post what Christ says, even if it doesn’t support their theological view.

But somehow I doubt it.

Chuck
I doubt what you want exist. Why don’t you just post it so we all can see it.
 
Like the fact that many Protestants, when it comes to the topic of salvation are followers of their own interpretation of Paul, instead of followers of Jesus.

I think Protestant apologist James White put it best:
In other words, in the Protestant mind, Paul trumps Jesus. :cool:
Your assertions here are ridiculous, to the the point of idiotic. They even challenge the authenticity of the written word of God… If you insist on pushing this agenda you’ll need to prove where we accept Paul in a contradictory manner to our Lord, if this can’t be done it is clear your agenda here was to paint with a broad stroke… your opinion of how we view justification grace and faith, as opposed to what is actually viewed by us.
 
🤷

You can read Bullinger’s chapter on Idioms that covers the passages you bring up from John 6.
I will certainly read it. However you may not use any resources other than the Bible to answer. Just kidding. But it would certainly be more in character.
You eat a bit of bread, and drink a bit of wine.
You say a little thought in your head. “I accept Jesus Christ into my heart as Lord and savior” No change. No transformation. Nothing. Right?
Chapter 7 talks about the feast of booths which takes place in the autumn; could be one autumn, or more before the crucifixion.

When the angel went through the camp, he was looking for blood on the lintel posts; he was not interested in whether or not a family had eaten their meal. :hmmm:

If you take the actions surrounding the Passover so literally, do you put blood on the lintel posts of your home each time you take the Eucharist?
Time is immaterial. Prophets predicted generations before it happened.

YOU ARE SO CLOSE! I mark myself with His blood. Get the true meaning?
He tells why they couldn’t believe in Him, and why they left Him, if you’ve read the chapter, you’d know why.
I did. Why do you insist that I am illiterate? I told you what he said and why. You insist otherwise.

I apologize that I am not explaining it well enough. Truly.
 
Thanks to all who participated in this discussion.
This thread is now closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top