Kepler Spacecraft Finds 2 Planets Sharing Same Orbit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Faith1960
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, kbachler,

I’d venture that we can also know God through a godly hope and through love, since He is love.

God loves you,
Don
God is first known through belief. One then deals with observation and revelation.
 
God is first known through belief. One then deals with observation and revelation.
50 By natural reason man can know God with certainty, on the basis of his works. But there is another order of knowledge, which man cannot possibly arrive at by his own powers: the order of divine Revelation.1 Through an utterly free decision, God has revealed himself and given himself to man. This he does by revealing the mystery, his plan of loving goodness, formed from all eternity in Christ, for the benefit of all men. God has fully revealed this plan by sending us his beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
 
50 By natural reason man can know God with certainty, on the basis of his works. But there is another order of knowledge, which man cannot possibly arrive at by his own powers: the order of divine Revelation.1 Through an utterly free decision, God has revealed himself and given himself to man. This he does by revealing the mystery, his plan of loving goodness, formed from all eternity in Christ, for the benefit of all men. God has fully revealed this plan by sending us his beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
What you post is bullocks. The only reliable means we have to understand the physical world is by science.
 
Science can find what God hath wrought, and how.

I didn’t know God was lost? Have you looked on your nightstand? 😃
I once was lost, but now I am found. Thank goodness Jesus had a map when I was lost. While at Cozumel on a business trip.
 
50 By natural reason man can know God with certainty, on the basis of his works.
This is demonstrably false. By definition, God is infinite in many ways. By definition, man is finite. The only ways that man has been able to know the infinite involve situations in which a specific set of known and tested rules have been developed to allow manipulation of the infinite as though it were finite. This is not the situation with God. (One can put an infinite collection of infinitesimals in a box, but not an infinite collection of infinities, for example.)

Therefore, it is impossible to know God through natural reason. One can get indications; one can perhaps know pieces of God. One cannot know God, in this way.
 
This is demonstrably false. By definition, God is infinite in many ways. By definition, man is finite. The only ways that man has been able to know the infinite involve situations in which a specific set of known and tested rules have been developed to allow manipulation of the infinite as though it were finite. This is not the situation with God. (One can put an infinite collection of infinitesimals in a box, but not an infinite collection of infinities, for example.)

Therefore, it is impossible to know God through natural reason. One can get indications; one can perhaps know pieces of God. One cannot know God, in this way.
FYI - this is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
 
I once was lost, but now I am found. Thank goodness Jesus had a map when I was lost. While at Cozumel on a business trip.
“He once was lost but now fondue, Was blind, but now Rantoul.” - Hot Tuna (back cover art from the album “Burgers”)
 
FYI - this is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.
I know.

I suspect that they mean the word “know” in a different way than I mean the word “know”. OTOH, I’ve seen that they are often stuck in a very classical approach to thinking, which is not the sense in which I normally use the word. “Know about” - yes. “Know” - no.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top