K
kbachler
Guest
God is first known through belief. One then deals with observation and revelation.Hi, kbachler,
I’d venture that we can also know God through a godly hope and through love, since He is love.
God loves you,
Don
God is first known through belief. One then deals with observation and revelation.Hi, kbachler,
I’d venture that we can also know God through a godly hope and through love, since He is love.
God loves you,
Don
50 By natural reason man can know God with certainty, on the basis of his works. But there is another order of knowledge, which man cannot possibly arrive at by his own powers: the order of divine Revelation.1 Through an utterly free decision, God has revealed himself and given himself to man. This he does by revealing the mystery, his plan of loving goodness, formed from all eternity in Christ, for the benefit of all men. God has fully revealed this plan by sending us his beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.God is first known through belief. One then deals with observation and revelation.
What you post is bullocks. The only reliable means we have to understand the physical world is by science.50 By natural reason man can know God with certainty, on the basis of his works. But there is another order of knowledge, which man cannot possibly arrive at by his own powers: the order of divine Revelation.1 Through an utterly free decision, God has revealed himself and given himself to man. This he does by revealing the mystery, his plan of loving goodness, formed from all eternity in Christ, for the benefit of all men. God has fully revealed this plan by sending us his beloved Son, our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
I once was lost, but now I am found. Thank goodness Jesus had a map when I was lost. While at Cozumel on a business trip.Science can find what God hath wrought, and how.
I didn’t know God was lost? Have you looked on your nightstand?![]()
This is demonstrably false. By definition, God is infinite in many ways. By definition, man is finite. The only ways that man has been able to know the infinite involve situations in which a specific set of known and tested rules have been developed to allow manipulation of the infinite as though it were finite. This is not the situation with God. (One can put an infinite collection of infinitesimals in a box, but not an infinite collection of infinities, for example.)50 By natural reason man can know God with certainty, on the basis of his works.
FYI - this is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.This is demonstrably false. By definition, God is infinite in many ways. By definition, man is finite. The only ways that man has been able to know the infinite involve situations in which a specific set of known and tested rules have been developed to allow manipulation of the infinite as though it were finite. This is not the situation with God. (One can put an infinite collection of infinitesimals in a box, but not an infinite collection of infinities, for example.)
Therefore, it is impossible to know God through natural reason. One can get indications; one can perhaps know pieces of God. One cannot know God, in this way.
“He once was lost but now fondue, Was blind, but now Rantoul.” - Hot Tuna (back cover art from the album “Burgers”)I once was lost, but now I am found. Thank goodness Jesus had a map when I was lost. While at Cozumel on a business trip.
Well, kbachler,God is first known through belief. One then deals with observation and revelation.
I know.FYI - this is from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.