Kepler Spacecraft Finds 2 Planets Sharing Same Orbit

  • Thread starter Thread starter Faith1960
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why waste the time to criticize then? If what you have to offer is true then idea will yield to it.
It’s not a waste to let someone who is intelligent know that they may be mistaken. What I know works for a few, due to experiential factors, but you have proved to be adamantine. And no one else asked.
 
It’s not a waste to let someone who is intelligent know that they may be mistaken. What I know works for a few, due to experiential factors, but you have proved to be adamantine. And no one else asked.
I am interested in how you would redraw it.
 
So basically the answer to my question is that scientific discoveries, such as what is in the link I posted, doesn’t conflict with the Bible because the Bible isn’t meant to be read as how the earth and universe was formed but why, and that God did it all. Correct?
The article is talking about something that has yet to be verified and if it is what does it matter?
There is zero evidence that the moon was created when a planet crashed into the earth. There is zero evidence of a big bang. It is all theory.
 
The article is talking about something that has yet to be verified and if it is what does it matter?
There is zero evidence that the moon was created when a planet crashed into the earth. There is zero evidence of a big bang. It is all theory.
Are you clearly aware of how scientists use “theory” and “hypothesis?” Gravity, for instance is a theory. I guess there is zero evidence for that as well. Perhaps you are aligned with the sect that holds that God is continually pushing us down so we don’t fly off due to centrifugal force? But regarding the moon, the idea that is was formed when the Earth collided with a Mars sized object is the prevailing theory today.
 
I am interested in how you would redraw it.
Great. Show me some flexibility. Make three separate drawings, Venn diagrams or whatever, with some reasonable explanation for each one. Defend them against comers from the standpoint of each diagram. If you can do that I will draw it for you or refer you to one on line. Here’s a hint: Go for utter simplicity, as pretty as your flower orbits may be. Heck, you might find it yourself, since you’ve seen really close approximations, though mine is annotated, and save me the trouble.
 
Scripture and tradition both speak truths. When they touch upon matters of science they must be respected. God’s word is solid and does not lose it truth because in 2011 we know more about the universe. There are multiple layers and meanings to Scripture.

Let us start right at the beginning.

In the beginning - time began
God created the heavens - space
and earth - matter.

The ancients knew this from the beginning. Science just confirmed it recently.

Here scripture and science. Suppose science (which is provisional) made a declaration that matter does not exist. How then would we wiggle out of the first verse?

One should tread very carefully here. Revelation should illuminate reasoning not scientism.
Hi, buffalo,

Good to see your posts.

Since other posters had already touched on the Biblical truths in the Holy Bible, I didn’t mention that.

I think science knows if it declared matter doesn’t exist, that would seriously detract from their credibility.

I agree with your closing conclusion.

God loves you,
Don
 
I don’t know where you guys get your information, but the latest is that matter is only the observation of energy patterns at the level of human perception. At the quantum level it is all energy flashing in and out of existence. So in a sense, lol, matter has already been disproved.
 
The Bible was written in scrolls (which we now call ‘books’) and it was originally intended to make sense to the people to whom it was first addressed. And, it is couched in language and images and terms that they would understand.
Which is why it says that God created the sun and the moon, rather than giving us a detailed explanation on what all actually happened to make that occur. (Such as… a theory that our moon was created when a planet-sized object, sharing a similar orbit to Earth’s eons ago, possibly crashed into our home world. ] Correct?
 
Hi, buffalo,

Good to see your posts.

Since other posters had already touched on the Biblical truths in the Holy Bible, I didn’t mention that.

I think science knows if it declared matter doesn’t exist, that would seriously detract from their credibility.

I agree with your closing conclusion.

God loves you,
Don
Urgh. Why can’t you see the flaw in his idea from the very start, yet be happy to see his two cents on this?
 
Nope, I’m glad to say (but you’d think differently if you met some of my classmates ;))
I am seeing here on this thread a lot of waving of hands and giving up on the idea of finding any kind of way to understand our physical world by believers without appearing to be traitors.
 
I am seeing here on this thread a lot of waving of hands and giving up on the idea of finding any kind of way to understand our physical world by believers without appearing to be traitors.
“Traitors”? Maybe, but not in my opinion. I think that believers ahve plenty of ways to understand the physical world without appearing as such. Look at Br. Guy Consolmagno as an example. Or Fr. Georges Lemaître. Both of them work(ed) hard at understanding how this world works, and they certainly aren’t considered traitors.
 
You don’t have to go to the latest science report to find a contradiction in Genesis. If you read the SECOND account of creation which starts around Gen 2:4, you will find ANOTHER, CONFLICTING account of creation.
Why is that?
 
T

You don’t have to go to the latest science report to find a contradiction in Genesis. If you read the SECOND account of creation which starts around Gen 2:4, you will find ANOTHER, CONFLICTING account of creation.

.
These two accounts are complementary. One speaks of the order of creation, the other the importance of man.
 
These two accounts are complementary. One speaks of the order of creation, the other the importance of man.
Buffalo, I’ve been reading your psots for awhile and respect your opinions on most things, so tell me, IF the moon was created when a planet sized object struck into earth, does that conflict with what the Bible seems to be saying, that God just created the moon and the sun…as in poof!..they’re created?
 
“Traitors”? Maybe, but not in my opinion. I think that believers ahve plenty of ways to understand the physical world without appearing as such. Look at Br. Guy Consolmagno as an example. Or Fr. Georges Lemaître. Both of them work(ed) hard at understanding how this world works, and they certainly aren’t considered traitors.
Right on. I like both of them. Nuf said.

Why they can’t help the rest of the body of the Church is beyond my comprehension.
 
Urgh. Why can’t you see the flaw in his idea from the very start, yet be happy to see his two cents on this?
Hi, StrawberryJam,

Because, I have a different perspective than yours and so see things differently than you.

God loves you,
Don
 
Why is that?
Hi, Faith1960,

I’ve personally resolved the differences between the two Genesis accounts by looking at the first as an allegorical ‘history’ and the second as an allegorical prophecy of that which is to come.

God loves you,
Don
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top