F
Faith1960
Guest
I understand, but my question still stands…IF life is found elsewhere, would that undermine or go against our faith, or mean that Christianity or Catholicism isn’t true?Well, when I say “extremely unlikely” I an using a colloquial term used by quantum physics. To be more scientifically precise, there is a “small but non-zero chance” of life on OUR planet, much less on ANOTHER planet (even if there are many trillions of planets capable of sustaining life).
There is a “small but non-zero” chance that you (or your room, or your house, or the earth) might suddenly appear in the core of the sun. or far beyond the orbit of Pluto. But the probably of such an event is so small that would not likely not occur in a trillion trillion ages of the universe.
That’s roughly the scale and scope that I am talking about when I speak about the likelihood of life arising on a planet of ideal conditions. Our own planet proves my point. I should not be here to respond to you, and you should not be here to read my response.