Kindle; what Catholic Bible is good for Kindle?

  • Thread starter Thread starter upbeatjonm
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

upbeatjonm

Guest
Anyone have a good version of the Bible for Kindle, Catholic?
Looking for ease of navigation, good version.

thanks,
Jon
 
I have the Nook Touch, so I don’t know if Amazon carries it too, but I have *The Catholic Holy Bible - Chuch Authorized Douay-Rheims Version.*It has a really good table of contents that makes it really easy to navigate.
 
I deleted the others I downloaded and kept only the Ignatius RSV-CE, the only one I can easily navigate.
 
I deleted the others I downloaded and kept only the Ignatius RSV-CE, the only one I can easily navigate.
thanks. It didn’t get great reviews on Amazon, so I wasn’t sure. Maybe the reviews were older versions that have been improved.
 
I use the Ignatius Bible(RSV-2CE) it is a good text and is hyper-linked for easy access.
I would recommend it
 
I use a Kindle, Kindle software on the Android, and Kindle software on the PC.

I can say from experience that both the Ignatius RSV 2CE and Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament are fairly easy to navigate.

Stay away from the Concordance on the Kindle though. I found it unusable in that format. However, the printed version is well worth the $$$.
 
The Ignatius Catholic Study Bible. It is the RSV CE. It is only NT however. But it has some excellent notes by Scott Hahn and easily navigable even on the Kindle. A touchscreen is easier however.
 
I use a Kindle, Kindle software on the Android, and Kindle software on the PC.

I can say from experience that both the Ignatius RSV 2CE and Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament are fairly easy to navigate.

Stay away from the Concordance on the Kindle though. I found it unusable in that format. However, the printed version is well worth the $$$.
Do you have a link to “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament”? I can’t seem to find it on Amazon’s Kindle store. I can just find Ignatius Study Bible’s for individual books of the NT only.
 
Do you have a link to “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament”? I can’t seem to find it on Amazon’s Kindle store. I can just find Ignatius Study Bible’s for individual books of the NT only.
I bought mine for kindle, but it does not appear to be currently available :confused:
 
Do you have a link to “Ignatius Catholic Study Bible New Testament”? I can’t seem to find it on Amazon’s Kindle store. I can just find Ignatius Study Bible’s for individual books of the NT only.
I bought mine for kindle, but it does not appear to be currently available :confused:
If you go to the Ignatius Press website, you can download it to your kindle from there. Well, you may have to download it to your computer first and transfer the file, which is a little bit of a hassle, but I have it on my Nook and I think it is worth it. The link I provided should take you directly to it.
 
If you go to the Ignatius Press website, you can download it to your kindle from there. Well, you may have to download it to your computer first and transfer the file, which is a little bit of a hassle, but I have it on my Nook and I think it is worth it. The link I provided should take you directly to it.
I think I will buy it from Ignatius’s site. It says:

This edition does not contain study questions, or the concordance.

Do you know how to download the concordance? I can’t find it as a separate product on their site.
 
I think I will buy it from Ignatius’s site. It says:

This edition does not contain study questions, or the concordance.

Do you know how to download the concordance? I can’t find it as a separate product on their site.
I don’t. They have a link to download the study questions, but I haven’t found the concordance yet either. I don’t know how the kindle works, but if it has a search function, you may be able to just search for a passage that way.
 
I have this version which great. Easy to jump directly to any verse once you get the abbreviations down:

amazon.com/Kindle-Catholic-navigation-Direct-ebook/dp/B0033PSG1Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1312230063&sr=1-1

And the RSV-CE New Testament Study Bible
What device are you using to read this? The description says “Many features of this publication will not work on Kindle 1, software Kindles such as Kindles for PC, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry or Android”.

I would be reading this using the Kindle app on my Android. So I wonder if one of the “many features” not available is Direct Verse Jump…
 
What device are you using to read this? The description says “Many features of this publication will not work on Kindle 1, software Kindles such as Kindles for PC, iPad, iPhone, Blackberry or Android”.

I would be reading this using the Kindle app on my Android. So I wonder if one of the “many features” not available is Direct Verse Jump…
I’m using the latest version of the Kindle (3? I guess). The direct verse jump on the kindle works via the standard search feature. You essentially are just searching for the verse you want but there is certain format you need to type it in for it to work. That’s pretty much it. So I don’t know for sure but I would imagine that as long as you can use the search feature on your phone that it would work the same way. On the kindle you can download a demo version and try it out. Can you do that on an android? Maybe try that.
 
I’m using the latest version of the Kindle (3? I guess). The direct verse jump on the kindle works via the standard search feature. You essentially are just searching for the verse you want but there is certain format you need to type it in for it to work. That’s pretty much it. So I don’t know for sure but I would imagine that as long as you can use the search feature on your phone that it would work the same way. On the kindle you can download a demo version and try it out. Can you do that on an android? Maybe try that.
Not sure if I can do that with the Android Kindle app or not. I’ll give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
 
I have the Nook Touch, so I don’t know if Amazon carries it too, but I have *The Catholic Holy Bible - Chuch Authorized Douay-Rheims Version.*It has a really good table of contents that makes it really easy to navigate.
From which retailer did you obtain the D-R? I’d be interested in this myself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top