T
trinichiqn
Guest
I am following a blog post where the bride to be announced that she would be be hyphenating when she gets married in January. She likes her last name, it high up in the alphabet (A) and a number of reasons why she would like to keep her name.
I have never given much thought to keeping my name except that I also like where I am alphabetically (C). I don’t really want to hyphenate because my first name is long, my last name is longer and I always thought that I would give one of my sons my last name as a middle name (a few cousins have already used the name as a first name and I am not jumping on that bandwagon). I have a million to eternity relatives with the same last name so I am not attached to it in the sense that there will be no more of us, believe me there will always be more because as a family we procreate like crazy besides my kids wouldn’t carry my last name really.
I believe that this is a personal decision for each couple and there is no right or wrong way but I would love to hear how everyone came to there own decision of what they did or would like to do.
I have never given much thought to keeping my name except that I also like where I am alphabetically (C). I don’t really want to hyphenate because my first name is long, my last name is longer and I always thought that I would give one of my sons my last name as a middle name (a few cousins have already used the name as a first name and I am not jumping on that bandwagon). I have a million to eternity relatives with the same last name so I am not attached to it in the sense that there will be no more of us, believe me there will always be more because as a family we procreate like crazy besides my kids wouldn’t carry my last name really.
I believe that this is a personal decision for each couple and there is no right or wrong way but I would love to hear how everyone came to there own decision of what they did or would like to do.