Latin 101?

• Thread starter Thread starter penitentman22
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a year of latin and then I have been studying on my own using A Primer of Ecclesiastical Latin by John F. Collins. I highly recommend it! good luck!

pax vobiscum
Hi, where can I get this Primer?
thank you for response

You can order it from the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, if you would like to support them by your purchase.

store.fraternitypublications.com/latin.html

Thank you for your response,
I have been studying Latin 101 from this website:
www.gettingstartedwithlatin.com
for Homeschoolers and Self-taught Students of Any Age. It teaches Latin systematically… You can “hear” the words and exercises pronounced-. by downloading the free MP3 recordings (classical or ecclesiastical style) from that website… I need all the help I can get my hands on because I am a very slow learner, however, when I get into something, I do not let go until I have mastered it to the best of my ability. Thank you again!

IrishDude45;4598547:
You can order it from the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, if you would like to support them by your purchase.

store.fraternitypublications.com/latin.html
Thank you for your response,
I have been studying Latin 101 from this website:
www.gettingstartedwithlatin.com
for Homeschoolers and Self-taught Students of Any Age. It teaches Latin systematically… You can “hear” the words and exercises pronounced-. by downloading the free MP3 recordings (classical or ecclesiastical style) from that website… I need all the help I can get my hands on because I am a very slow learner, however, when I get into something, I do not let go until I have mastered it to the best of my ability. Thank you again!
I received my copy of “Getting Started With Latin” just last week and it’s great! It takes a slow, steady pace and gives you confidence as you whiz through the lessons. Definitely my recommendation for those who are slow learners like me :o

Peace…

MW

Here are excellent resources:
It is great you want to learn Latin. Read what the Baltimore Catechism says about Latin:
Q. 566. Why does the Church use the Latin language instead of the national language of its children?
A. The Church uses the Latin language instead of the national language of its children:
    • To avoid the danger of changing any part of its teaching in using different languages;
    • That all its rulers may be perfectly united and understood in their communications;
    • To show that the Church is not an institute of any particular nation, but the guide of all nations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back