R
rinnie
Guest
Okay Mickey again lets do it your way. THe rich man could see Lazarus and Abraham. Where was Abraham and Lazarus, you still have not answered me. They were not in heaven or hell. So sounds to me purgatory again. 
I addressed your comments on purgatory when you attempt to relate it to the parable–but that is all. There is another thread for other discussions on purgatory.Mickey why should we argue about this. When the truth is at our hand. Simply go back to the Purgatory thread, it will show where I told you this Parable leads to purgatory. You said it does not. I said I would prove it. You said start a new thread. We did, it was all to prove this related to purgatory. Why are you denying this?
Tell me something Mickey, what is cleansing of our sins. Is that not a type of penance? Is not penance repenting? You are taking the RC out of context so bad. Why again would we need to be cleansed if we were sinless. Again you never answer one question I ask. Could you do me the honor just once.And you give yours. I’ll go with St Nicholai.
I read Scripture and commentary from this great saint and St John Chrysostom and the Melodist–and it becomes quite clear. On the other hand, your opinion stands alone and unsupported.
Hello? He watched Lazarus slowly starve to death covered with sores for a lifetime. Do think that he is suddenly a charitable man with virtues as his tongue burns and he is tormented. Be serious.
Thank you. And when taken with other support. It is quite convincing.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
The rich man had his chance to pray and repent and do charitable and virtuous acts in the name of God by the grace of God. But now he is condemned. We cannot repent after we die.
:ehh:Yes I am positive.
Why would you say that. If I feel I can prove purgatory why will you not disprove what I am saying. Where was Lazarus and Abraham and the rich man. They all saw eachother. So they were in the same place. Maybe different levels but they indeed all saw eachother. Where were they?I addressed your comments on purgatory when you attempt to relate it to the parable–but that is all. There is another thread for other discussions on purgatory.
You have proved nothing and virtually no other Latin Catholic here agrees with your interpretation of the parable. I suggested numerous times for you to run this by your priest–I’m guessing he will not agree with you either.
You and I have not much more to discuss.![]()
Really? That sounds like the medieval teaching.It is not a fun place to be.
Well you will have to take it up with GOD. That is what the bible says a temporal place of torment. Sorry you don’t like what the teachings of the bible are.Really? That sounds like the medieval teaching.
I already have–over and over again.Why would you say that. If I feel I can prove purgatory why will you not disprove what I am saying.
When the poor man (Lazarus) died, angels took his soul and carried it to paradise…[The rich man] was hewn down both in body and soul; his body was cast into the grave to burn in the earth, and his soul was cast down into hell, to burn there.Where were they?
Where does it say that “purgatory is a temporal place of torment”?Well you will have to take it up with GOD. That is what the bible says a temporal place of torment. Sorry you don’t like what the teachings of the bible are.
But you said there was no purgatory. Is paradise another name for purgatory Mickey, Because according to you there is only heaven and hell.I already have–over and over again.
When the poor man (Lazarus) died, angels took his soul and carried it to paradise…[The rich man] was hewn down both in body and soul; his body was cast into the grave to burn in the earth, and his soul was cast down into hell, to burn there.
St Nicholai of Ochrid
Yes. I have answered questions many times and you continue to badger. I believe that very soon indeed you will be on my ignore list.Or do we go to the ignore list or your quit badgering me.
Correct. I do not accept the RC doctrine.But you said there was no purgatory.
Correct.The un-just will never see paradise.
Please explain how the rich man is being selfish in this specific passage.27 He said, 'Then I beg you, father, send him to my father’s house, 28 for I have five brothers, so that he may warn them, lest they too come to this place of torment
I see no indication of selfishness in this request. Please explain where the rich man is being selfish here.
Okay explain this to me Mickey. The thief on the cross has never repented a sin in his life. But he did do a confession. Now if what you are saying is true. Then we do not have to repent our sins. All we have to do is ask for forgiveness correct.Correct. I do not accept the RC doctrine.
Correct.
Since this is not in reference to the parable, I have taken it to the purgatory thread. I will do that each time you attempt to hi-jack this thread.Okay explain this to me Mickey. The thief on the cross has never repented a sin in his life. But he did do a confession. Now if what you are saying is true. Then we do not have to repent our sins. All we have to do is ask for forgiveness correct.
Or do you think it could be possible, just possible Mickey that Jesus does make us repent our sins, and that is why the good went to paradise. Could it possibly be because he was sorry and had some sins to be cleansed of? Did Jesus say you will go to heaven or paradise Mickey. Why did Jesus not say Heaven. He knew it was to be opened up, by his death, did he not? Was that not the purpose of his death?
got ya. You said that the un-just will never see paradise. But how did the rich man see Abraham and Lazarus if A he was unjust, and B he was in hell?:dancing:Correct. I do not accept the RC doctrine.
Correct.
Actually Mickey it ties in quiet well!Since this is not in reference to the parable, I have taken it to the purgatory thread. I will do that each time you attempt to hi-jack this thread.
I think not. LOL!got ya
But how did the rich man see Abraham and Lazarus if A he was unjust, and B he was in hell?
Nope.Actually Mickey it ties in quiet well!