Left wants to pack the Supreme Court

• Thread starter Thread starter YHWH_Christ
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think so, even if you do not. Ageism is no more acceptable to me than racism. Either way, I notice there is a tendency for people who want to restrict voters, always want to restrict others from voting, not actually suggesting they do not have what it takes to vote.

Last edited:
Agree. My 89 year old stepmother still has all her faculties, is up to date on current events and votes.
It should be what it is now, current to no upper age limit.

And a white male? No blacks, no women? I hope you are kidding. 😦 Because how it USED to be in the beginning.

I was referring to the above age restrictions, not the sci-fi movie. The restrictions that movie used makes as much sense as to restricting those allowed food to farmers and ranchers. Public servants are hardly the only ones who contribute to society. One thing the last few months has shown me is the value of those who work in the retail stores, stocking the shelves and selling use the food (and toilet paper) we need, even at the cost of putting themselves at risk. Public servants are not the only ones serving the public.

In any case, the court is not going to be packed, at least in the next four years.

Last edited:
Zerge. . .
No blacks
Bold mine.

Why are you dragging race into this discussion?

The OP does not concern race.

Nobody here said anything about race (until you).

The thread is about the left wanting to carry out Court Packing.

Last edited:
To the readers here.

Beware of subtle RE-definitions.

If say, three years from now
a Supreme Court decision is won 6-3
you will know there has been NO court-packing.

This would also suggest Republicans won the 2020 election.

If say, three years from now
the same Supreme Court decision is lost 14-6
you will know there HAS BEEN court-packing.

This would also suggest Democrats won the 2020 election.

The above paradigms are NOT “the same thing”.

Don’t be fooled by their subtle attempts at RE-DEFINING words and phrases.

Don’t be bamboozled by their false assurances that these are “the same thing” as placing people YOU have picked for those positions. These are clearly NOT “the same thing”.

It is a court dilutional gimmick. Dilute a possible conservative court with leftists for political gaon.

A gimmick.

Like I said. The national leftists WANT to turn America into a Banana Republic.

Last edited:
Why are you dragging race into this discussion?
I also “dragged in” women, for good reason. Back then voting was restricted to white males, who had some property - everyone else was excluded. Why pick the age restriction and “forget” about the other restrictions imposed in those times?

Zerge . . .
I also “ dragged in ” women . . .
@(name removed by moderator) never talked about pre-black-voting days.

WHY bring race into a thread
where it is not in the story,
and their was no historical appeal to race? I just don’t get that.

Last edited:
Biden actually had answered the question … by saying “he’s not going to answer the question” . . .
Another example of leftists inventing their own private reality.

Watch: Biden Campaign’s Latest Court-Packing Answer Is so Bizarre, Even CNN Anchor Looks Stunned​

Posted at 4:00 pm on October 16, 2020 by Sister Toldjah

(Please Note: This uploaded content is no longer available.)

Democratic presidential candidate former Vice President Joe Biden speaks as he visits East Las Vegas Community Center, Friday, Oct. 9, 2020, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/Carolyn Kaster)

Joe Biden and his campaign spokespeople have made it clear 6 ways to Sunday that they are not going to answer the question (directly or indirectly) on whether or not he plans on considering court-packing, should he win the presidency and Democrats win control of the Senate in November.

Their continued dodging of the question has led conservatives to conclude that court-packing will indeed be the plan, and that Biden is just trying to ride out the next three weeks with his non-answer in an effort to straddle the fence, so as not to alienate key voting blocs he’ll need to win in November.

But in a new twist on the court-packing issue, Biden campaign co-chair Rep. Cedric Richmond (D-LA) said on CNN’s “OutFront” show Thursday that Biden actually had not been dodging the question. Instead, Richmond claimed, Biden actually had answered the question … by saying “he’s not going to answer the question” . . .

By the way. To the readers here. You see Joe Biden looking out at the people in the photo above?

I saw a video of at least part of that event and there was virtually nobody there. Maybe he is looking at nobody even.

Here is the video I had in mind.

Joe Biden RALLY for Latinos BL0WN AWAY by Latinos for Trump 😂😂😂

@(name removed by moderator) never talked about pre-black-voting days.

WHY bring race into a thread
where it is not in the story,
and their was no historical appeal to race? I just don’t get that.
Actually, he spoke about the times of the Founding Fathers, and the voting restrictions imposed back then. This is what he posted:

And that includes the blacks, the women, and also the males who owned no property. Why do you try to dispute this?

Actually, he spoke about the times of the Founding Fathers , and the voting restrictions imposed back then. This is what he posted:
There were several ideas: that black people could not vote, that women could not vote, that non–land-owners could not vote, that people under 21 could not vote.

The poster to whom you responded said he thought one of those ideas was a good one.

He did not say he thought all those ideas were good, just one.

So you set up a strawman argument by implying that he meant all the ideas, which I hope you did inadvertantly.

The national leftists WANT to turn America into a Banana Republic.
Trump has already done that.

Incidentally, one thing Trump has in common with “banana republics” is that prior to election day in these countries the President says if he loses the election he must have been cheated. I guess Trump has picked up tips from dictators.

Projection from the national leftists
has influenced your ideas.

The leftists did this four years ago too.

They incessantly asked Trump if he would except the election results if he loses and said
it would be un-American if he didn’t.

Well Trump won the electoral college handily, and it was the left all the time that could never accept the election.

And now we know who is or at least behaves un-American.

Last edited:
There were several ideas: that black people could not vote, that women could not vote, that non–land-owners could not vote, that people under 21 could not vote.

The poster to whom you responded said he thought one of those ideas was a good one.
Since he did not repudiate the rest, it was a rational conclusion that he agreed with all the restrictions.
So you set up a strawman argument by implying that he meant all the ideas, which I hope you did inadvertantly.
Why don’t you dispute what I actually said, not what you believed my words “implied”?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back