Lent: Debate with a protestant

  • Thread starter Thread starter NolePaul
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m debating on debating you, but I don’t agree. I think all religions/non-religions should debate. It strengthens the mind and for a lot, their faith. I think it is important to always have answer for the hope that lies within you (especially when someone tells you that you are wrong). I have found that many on this forum simply want to know and understand another’s faith and/or religion. That is the main reason I am here, but I can’t speak for anyone else.
Perhaps you might read my post again. I think it our duty to try to clear up misconceptions, and to let others know our truths, things that lead to better understanding. But I have noticed (even here) that such “debates” can easily devolve and become inane arguments, one-upping, my scripture passage is better than yours situations…my religion is better than yours…and I don’t think that is at all fruitful.
 
Perhaps you might read my post again. I think it our duty to try to clear up misconceptions, and to let others know our truths, things that lead to better understanding. But I have noticed (even here) that such “debates” can easily devolve and become inane arguments, one-upping, my scripture passage is better than yours situations…my religion is better than yours…and I don’t think that is at all fruitful.
No, I understand what you are saying. Sometimes things can get heated, but most times not. I see people agreeing to disagree on this forum all the time. I still think a good debate allows for growth. People of all religions are in a quest for truth. Some just have more questions than others. Some test the spirits more than others. But I understand your thoughts on the matter.🙂
 
A representation of some sort of Jesus dead on the cross.
I was looking into this a bit after you had posted it because I had remembered reading something from Steve Ray regarding the crucifix. I googled it and I believe if you google “The Cross and the Crucifix by Steve Ray,” the article comes up…

The Crucifix Enters the Picture
“The Christians of the first centuries did not actually add the figure of Christ to the cross. “The crucifix is a Latin cross with the body of Christ attached to it. In early Christian art the Crucifixion was represented by the Latin cross alone, but by the fifth century the body of Christ was painted on the cross…”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top