Liberal loyola college at it again

  • Thread starter Thread starter oat_soda
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
O

oat_soda

Guest
from allowing the vagina monolouges on its campus to awarding pro-choice allumni degrees loyola college in new orleans thumbs its nose at the church again with awarding pro-choice senator Mary Landrieu an honorary doctorate. the worse part is this was all done with the permission of a jesuit priest and president. this whole story makes me sick.
“Does that compromise Loyola’s Catholic identity? Not in my opinion,” Dupont said. “Good Christians are in search of the truth, and that requires an examination of every side of every issue, and that investigation continues every hour of every day of a human being’s life.”
last time i checked, Jesus is the TRUTH. we don’t have to search for it, the truth of morals and doctrine subsits entirely in the catholic church. it’s not open to debate.
 
I am in an extension masters program through Loyola in New Orleans. In my studies I am noticing a definite leaning towards a theology that is “outside the box,” so to speak. I am about the only one in my class that holds strongly to traditional Catholic teachings. Not that I am not willing to engage in theological thought, but I firmly believe that we need to hold fast to big-T traditions and be careful not to compromize things that could lead ourselves or others to heresy.

I do not understand why our bishops do not back up their own statement regarding Catholic Colleges. Loyola University by honoring Senetor Landrieu. I cannot imagine any other organization letting its people compromize its policies!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top