B
Bob_Crowley
Guest
There have been a couple of local arrests of two young Moslems charged with recruiting and encouraging volunteers for the Syrian violence, and possibly ISIS.
brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/logan-islamic-centre-raided-by-australian-federal-police-20140910-10eunu.html
One lived in Logan, pretty close to home. Neither was implicated in directly planning any attacks on Australian soil, but I’ve long felt we were going to have problems with the Moslems. We’ve lost citizens in the Bali nightclub bombing, and we’ve been involved in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I don’t have a problem with them having a store. I often shop in a Christian bookstore, not far away from their store actually, so if its good enough for me, its good enough for them. But what goes on behind the scenes might be another matter.
The problem is not going to go away. In fact, I think it’s going to become more prevalent.
We’re due to have the G20 conference in November in nearby Brisbane, so I hope the authorities have got pretty good security. That would be a very tempting target.
brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/logan-islamic-centre-raided-by-australian-federal-police-20140910-10eunu.html
One lived in Logan, pretty close to home. Neither was implicated in directly planning any attacks on Australian soil, but I’ve long felt we were going to have problems with the Moslems. We’ve lost citizens in the Bali nightclub bombing, and we’ve been involved in Iraq and Afghanistan.
I don’t have a problem with them having a store. I often shop in a Christian bookstore, not far away from their store actually, so if its good enough for me, its good enough for them. But what goes on behind the scenes might be another matter.
The problem is not going to go away. In fact, I think it’s going to become more prevalent.
We’re due to have the G20 conference in November in nearby Brisbane, so I hope the authorities have got pretty good security. That would be a very tempting target.