Looking to See If I am Alone

  • Thread starter Thread starter blackice71
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever think maybe your wife if feeling the same? Maybe take her on adate night or try something totally different to make things more interesting.
 
Everything you always wanted is right there with you. Dobson was right.

The grass is never greener and basically you seem like there isn’t any huge issues, just having a look at your life. Pray about what you can do for her.

The thing about those kinds of regrets, if you take them seriously, then it could lead you down a path of suffering and sin.

I don’t think you want that. Connect with your wife and be thankful she is your one and only.

peace.
 
Let’s just say that you’re on very strong ground to insist to your daughter and her suitors that you do not believe in the concept of “starter” girlfriends or saying “forever” when one means no such thing.

The alternative is to resolve that even if you meet the right one the first time, you will still toy with his or her affections until you break up (as you always knew you would) in order to go “try someone else on for size.”

You did fine, and you dodged a lot of nasty painful bullets. Don’t moon over missed bad luck…all of your great memories are with the woman who made the memories with you, and all the bad memories are only rough landings that you both walked away from! 👍
 
Guys, I have a question for you specifically. I have been married for nearly 18 years now and have a 16 year old daughter. I am however haunted by the fact that I married my first girl friend…never even kissed another woman. The world says that is a mistake, and I sometimes feel like I missed out on something. I know this seems like a wierd issue, but it is really eating at me. Any guys out there with similar stories…hoping for some advice and wisdom.
Dude, do you have any idea how much I would love to be in your place, and have a wife and kid to take care of? Do you know what amazing position you are in? What I almost wouldn’t do… At least your lucky. I’m in the exact opposite of you. Being single is the most miserable thing you can experience. Hell on the outside I may seem happy, but I am strait miserable being single. I would love to be able to talk about my day with somebody, go to the movies, dinner, walk on the beach, the boardwalk, with that special somebody. I would love to be able to experience singing stupid love songs, doing things that make a women smile. Be love happy like a puppy dog :). But you know what I get instead, miserable torment :banghead:. Being single, all it does is train your brain to lust after every girl, so you will end up being the guy that gets a girl and moves on the next one. Every day all I get is whatever makes me jealous and angry :mad:. Not fair :(. Singleness is strait pure torment, and I am miserable, and it’s no better if I ask God cause all he seem to do is love joining in on the torment 😦 :mad:.

Be glad for what you have, because I really wish I had what you had. And please take no offence to this.
 
Thanks so much, everyone. I have been thinking of taking a step down an obviously bad path…you kind advice is a God send.
 
I think you are quite fortunate to find the love of your life on the first try. Don’t listen to the world. It doesn’t know what it’s talking about. 😛
 
Guys, I have a question for you specifically. I have been married for nearly 18 years now and have a 16 year old daughter. I am however haunted by the fact that I married my first girl friend…never even kissed another woman. The world says that is a mistake, and I sometimes feel like I missed out on something. I know this seems like a wierd issue, but it is really eating at me. Any guys out there with similar stories…hoping for some advice and wisdom. 😊
blackice, My husband and I were each others first. We married when we were 18 yrs. old. We have had ups and downs all through our marriage. He does not practice any faith and we don’t have any interests in common, yet we are still together and will celebrate our 35th anniversary this month. When we were going to get married we promised each other that we would always keep our wedding vows no matter what! And we still renew this promise to each other from time to time. I know it is not always easy but you have to be strong. Your marriage vows are sacred vows to God and each other. Never take them lightly.
 
Guys, I have a question for you specifically. I have been married for nearly 18 years now and have a 16 year old daughter. I am however haunted by the fact that I married my first girl friend…never even kissed another woman. The world says that is a mistake, and I sometimes feel like I missed out on something. I know this seems like a wierd issue, but it is really eating at me. Any guys out there with similar stories…hoping for some advice and wisdom. 😊
My Dad has dated my Mom and only my Mom. Dated for nine years, married for over 20 years.

He was a popular guy in school. He could have gone out with somebody out if he ever expressed interest. He just never did.

Honestly, among the people I talk too if you marry the first person you ever dated that’s actually considered very nice and something to be happy about. It means you’re a lucky guy. 🙂
 
Guys, I have a question for you specifically. I have been married for nearly 18 years now and have a 16 year old daughter. I am however haunted by the fact that I married my first girl friend…never even kissed another woman. The world says that is a mistake, and I sometimes feel like I missed out on something. I know this seems like a wierd issue, but it is really eating at me. Any guys out there with similar stories…hoping for some advice and wisdom. 😊
Are you kidding me. :rolleyes:You married your first love and you have been married for 18 years and you’re still wondering if the grass is any greener. Dude I feel sorry for your wife. Why would you listen to “the World” anyway? :eek:
 
Do you love your wife? Is your intimate life lacking? Why would you be concerned about this, especially now, 18 years later?

But to your question, no you are not alone. I didn’t marry my first girlfriend but I did marry the first girl I “really kissed” if you understand my meaning. A few pecks with the other girls and those relationships lasted a few months and that’s it.

So I guess you could say I married my first serious girlfriend and the only woman I’ve ever felt actual love for and not just infatuation. That’s why the other relationships fizzled after a few months. Once the starstruck feeling faded a bit there was nothing left underneath it except having some similar interests.

I’ve never stopped loving my wife or even being “in love” with her since day one. Will celebrating five years of marriage in the fall and have passed six years of being a couple.

My wife on the other hand dated a lot of guys (she’s stunningly beautiful so I understand) though she only had serious relationships with a couple of them. Being a good Catholic girl there was nothing beyond kissing but she certainly had more experience on that front than I did. That said, she’d definitely concede that our first “real kiss” was much different than with those other guys. I doubt she’d say she’s better off and that I missed anything.
Um, wow you basically just wrote down mine and my husband’s experience to a tea.

I too was the first girl he “really” kissed (beyond just a peck). While I, on the other hand, kissed quite a few guys but only had 2 real relationships.

If anything, I regret having kissed those other boys/men. I actually envy my husband for being able to say he’s only really kissed the one person he ended up marrying.

I’ve asked him before if he ever feels like he’s missed out somehow, and his response has always been along the lines of “no, not at all, I simply knew exactly what I wanted.” 🙂
 
Guys, I have a question for you specifically. I have been married for nearly 18 years now and have a 16 year old daughter. I am however haunted by the fact that I married my first girl friend…never even kissed another woman. The world says that is a mistake, and I sometimes feel like I missed out on something. I know this seems like a wierd issue, but it is really eating at me. Any guys out there with similar stories…hoping for some advice and wisdom. 😊
Same here. It isn’t a mistake, it is the preferred way to go about it.
 
I’m not a guy (sorry) but I have dated and slept with way too many people to count (sorry for the details). I would say you are blessed and do not look to see if the grass is greener, it’s foolish.

Hope this helps.
Lily
 
Dont let your mid life crisis avert you from what you truely want. But ill tell you like this… if you love her. LOVE HER! If you dont… ask the lord and you might be surprised how he answers. I was going through something similar about 8 months ago and god threw me into the tornado and it was like walking through hell. But Im still here and I moved on with my life without my ex. She just didnt have the light in her.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top