Lorna Byrne.......real or false prophet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter amber28
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
i think im still so angry with god for taking him away from me.
There is the real root of your problem. You are hurting so you blame God. If you father was as good a man as you say you should rejoice that he has his reward in heaven. My father died suddenly too. I miss him even after 17 yrs. I pray for him daily and also ask him to pray for me. I trust in God that he is in heaven and very happy with all our relatives that went before. I look forward to one day being united with him and all my loved ones and to make the happen I deepen my love and devotion to Jesus Christ.

Your father loves you. What do you think he would want you to do? Do you think he wants you to blame God for his death? Or do you think he would rejoice to find you turning to God for comfort?
 
We have given ourselves the power once attributed only to demons. We have learned their ambition. Our only hope for survival now lies in the path ahead, not behind. We must now learn the wisdom and compassion you attribute to God.
and you can learn the wisdom and compassion of God through Sacred Scripture supported by Sacred Tradition, and Sacred Teaching Authority.

All else is the sin of Adam, who ate of the tree of knowledge so that he could be like God.
 
The thing with demons is that they are very manipulative…they lie… it’s not like they only appear if you call upon them. It says in Scripture that the devil disguises himself as an angel of light. Something can seem good and innocent yet be demonic. So how do we discern? that is the ministry of the Church.

I do not believe that we can or should control “energy” around us, like you said. We should not try to control the spiritual world. We are human… there are many things we don’t know and don’t understand. Even without demons, it is dangerous. Importantly, we can’t control these things because we have no authority over them… only God has this authority. Wicca is trying to be God, that is why the Church disagrees with it.
I totally agree with you Monica. And, when we have Jesus, the one and only Incarnate God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity…we have it ALL. We don’t need anything else. He is our Saviour.
 
You are quite correct in that energy of any kind can be dangerous. Should we therefore abandon the use of any force in the service of ourselves and others? By that logic, humans should never have taken up the use of fire, or steam or electricity. Certainly not atomic fission.
God never proscribed technological innovation (please no Galileo jokes). The prohibition of occult practices, on the other hand, dates back to the Pentateuch.
 
All of us have the power of discernment. It was, in many respects a 20-year process of discernment which led me to Wicca. Is my discernment flawless? Of course not, but it gets better with use, not with deference to others to think for me.
If I may ask you a question 🙂 if we are all able to discern on our own, without any help from the Church, then why does everyone’s interpretation and discernment end up being contradictory? For example, I did not discern wicca to be correct, and you discerned it as your path. How can this be? Someone has to be wrong here… wicca (or Catholicism, or anything) can’t be both true and false. It’s not just that I discerned wicca to be the wrong path for me, personally… I came to believe it’s not what God wants us to practice. That is more than a subjective statement…truth is not subjective. How can we tell what is the objective truth, if our discernment is right or wrong?

when we discern with the help of the Church, we demonstrate humility and God blesses that. He allows us to go in the right way. Otherwise, much of our discernment is based on feelings and experiences, which can lie. I believe they can lie because people have contradictory experiences. God does not lie or contradict Himself.
My old profession was an excellent education in human nature across the whole spectrum. I know, more than most people, what evil looks like, how it moves, how it speaks. I have spent time inside the hearts and minds of murderers, rapists, corporate criminals, corrupt politicians, you name it. Can evil speak with a deceptive voice? Absolutely. But it always reveals itself if you know how to look. It speaks to ambition. To greed, to anger. To the idea of entitlement, to the idea that you should have power OVER others. Even when it can mask itself in sweetness and charity, the mask flies off the second it is tested. You attract entities such as demons only when you appeal to them directly OR when you seek the kinds of powers they have to give. I have had direct experience of the Goddess and it was 180 degrees different. No promise of power. No seduction. It was, rather, the essense of pure maternal love. Absolute peace and contentment and nurturing. A place I can envision but which was beyond time and place. A place where my own ego and sense of self and possessions were utterly unimportant.
I agree with you about evil. Regarding your experience with the Goddess that you describe… as a Catholic, I could interpret it in a couple of ways. It could be that you experienced the presence of Mary, but not knowing her, decided she was the goddess. Or, it was a real goddess, but I do not believe in goddesses, I believe there is one God. Alternatively, - it could have been a deception. I’ve read several stories in the lives of the Saints where the devil appeared to them in various forms…and often, as you say, there was something negative about it, something clearly evil. But a few times, it was more tricky because it did not feel oppressive or uncomfortable…I read about how the devil disguised himself as Jesus and appeared to St Gemma. She had many visions of the real Jesus, and Mary, and her Guardian Angel. She also had demonic attacks. Usually when the enemy attacked her, she could sense something evil about the vision or experience… but this time, she didn’t feel that at all, she felt at peace, and like it was really Jesus. Except that He told her something that Jesus would never, ever say. She almost fell into the deception but saw through it, because she knew Christ so well… and the devil disappeared. What I’m trying to say is that we can’t even always discern by feelings. Something can feel completely good, and yet be not good… and that is because the spirits, both good and bad, can affect our feelings. So how do we discern? One way is by examining the “fruit”… as in the results… and if the experience draws a person further from God and from the Church, it is not considered to be true, because God would not contradict Himself. He wouldn’t tell a person something opposite than what He has already told the whole world regarding Himself. This is why I am not sure about the experience with the Goddess, because God has said, there is only one God. However it might have been that you felt Mary’s presence and interpreted it differently. Just wanted to share my understanding of the matter 🙂
 
You are quite correct in that energy of any kind can be dangerous. Should we therefore abandon the use of any force in the service of ourselves and others? By that logic, humans should never have taken up the use of fire, or steam or electricity. Certainly not atomic fission. We do not have perfect understanding or mastery of any of these things, and their misuse and volatile nature DO harm us from time to time. Once we acquired that extra bit of forebrain, that awareness that sets us apart from the animals, we stepped onto the beginning of the path that led the gods to where they are. There is no turning back. We have knowledge of many forms of power, of which magick is relatively small. We have given ourselves the power once attributed only to demons. We have learned their ambition. Our only hope for survival now lies in the path ahead, not behind. We must now learn the wisdom and compassion you attribute to God.
the power I am talking about is spiritual, not of nature. The spirit is something different than electricity or fire.

I will give a little example of how I see it… 🙂

God is the Lord of all creation. He has real authority… He can do anything He wills. He also loves us and is our Father. So if I need help for something… wouldn’t I rather ask Him to help me? why attempt to do a “spell”? And if I think the “spell” would actually work, isn’t that me trying to be God, thinking that I have authority like He does? that seems very prideful to me. That’s why I think if someone does a “spell” and it works, that was the work of the devil, who also has (limited) power over nature. At most, it is an illusion from the devil. God does real miracles. And God is not like magic… we can’t bend Him to our will. I can’t “make” God do anything by saying a “spell”… I can however pray and ASK Him for help, and if He sees it is best for me, He will help. I’d rather put my trust in God than in myself, and magic is putting trust in yourself… yet if a “spell” works, it’s not you who made it work, but the enemy, because we don’t have such authority. We can only have power over nature in natural ways permitted by God, for example we can start a fire using matches or other physical means. We don’t have the power to start a fire with our thoughts. If the fire actually happens, it wasnt us… and it wasn’t God, unless we prayed to Him. That leaves only one other option.
 
I totally agree with you Monica. And, when we have Jesus, the one and only Incarnate God, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity…we have it ALL. We don’t need anything else. He is our Saviour.
🙂
 
the power I am talking about is spiritual, not of nature. The spirit is something different than electricity or fire.

I will give a little example of how I see it… 🙂

God is the Lord of all creation. He has real authority… He can do anything He wills. He also loves us and is our Father. So if I need help for something… wouldn’t I rather ask Him to help me? why attempt to do a “spell”? And if I think the “spell” would actually work, isn’t that me trying to be God, thinking that I have authority like He does? that seems very prideful to me. That’s why I think if someone does a “spell” and it works, that was the work of the devil, who also has (limited) power over nature. At most, it is an illusion from the devil. God does real miracles. And God is not like magic… we can’t bend Him to our will. I can’t “make” God do anything by saying a “spell”… I can however pray and ASK Him for help, and if He sees it is best for me, He will help. I’d rather put my trust in God than in myself, and magic is putting trust in yourself… yet if a “spell” works, it’s not you who made it work, but the enemy, because we don’t have such authority. We can only have power over nature in natural ways permitted by God, for example we can start a fire using matches or other physical means. We don’t have the power to start a fire with our thoughts. If the fire actually happens, it wasnt us… and it wasn’t God, unless we prayed to Him. That leaves only one other option.
This is where we have an unbridgeable gap in our understanding. We see magick as an entirely natural process. It has nothing to do with bending God’s will to our own or invoking “the enemy.”
 
Christians believe there is an enemy. We also realize that some do not believe there is an enemy - the fallen angels. They have a much higher intelligence than humans, and they can deceive both those that believe in them or do not believe in them.
 
This is where we have an unbridgeable gap in our understanding. We see magick as an entirely natural process. It has nothing to do with bending God’s will to our own or invoking “the enemy.”
So for you magick is not supernatural but a natural process that science has been unable to define?

Do you believe in God and if so what is God’s nature as you see it?
 
To Amber28

Hello there,
I have read Angels in my Hair which was given to me by my Mum. I was coming back to my Christian faith at this time at the book also confused me due to Lorna hardly mentioning Jesus and several other things she tells us in her book. My Mum, who says she is a Christian, believes Lorna Byrne is from God but I believe Lorna Byrne is being deceived by demons. I also flicked through her new book Stairways to Heaven, and was shocked at what I read:
that homosexuals are from God
people who committ suicide go to heaven
she had a vision of Mother Earth coiled up inside the earth
all religions should be one
Again no mention of Jesus or the Christian/Catholic faith

I could go on…

What is clear is that it is a New Age book and is the work of Satan. Of course Lorna Byrne is not aware of this herself. I am a Bible believing Christian and believe the Bible is the word of God and we shouldn’t add or take anything away from the Bible. Lorna Byrne does’t profess to be a Catholic or a Christian. She only believes what the ‘angels’ tell her. This is dangerous.

Please read the word of God ONLY
 
I believe she is false. I stumbled upon this site after reading something she wrote that gave me pause to consider if she is really a Christian. And after reading your post I felt compelled to advise you to read the Bible for yourself starting with the new testament, Billy Graham suggests starting with the Book of John. The Holy Spirit will lead you!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top