LOST season 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmberDale
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Kate was removed because of the murder. The other candidates weren’t always the best of characters (i.e. Sayid the Torturer), but they all had some redemptive event or redeeming characteristics that would have left them eligible to become the candidates.
The murder BEFORE she got on the island or am I forgetting one ON the island? Sawyer killed ‘Sawyer’ on the island and he’s still a candidate.

There’s something - when Locke’s dad magically appeared in some box, Ben made it seem like all of a sudden, there he was. Did Ben bring him there or did he actually show up there one day? There was a lot of ‘magic’ or something back then. Walt, etc.
 
Yes, I was thinking about the murder before she got on the island - the arson.
 
But this assumes that Jacob is a man of moral impeccability, who only chooses “good” people to replace him, since he is “good.”

But, as we all know, Jacob is evil. Maybe Kate isn’t evil enough for him to want her as a candidate?

VC
 
But this assumes that Jacob is a man of moral impeccability, who only chooses “good” people to replace him, since he is “good.”

But, as we all know, Jacob is evil. Maybe Kate isn’t evil enough for him to want her as a candidate?

VC
You just won’t let that go, eh VC? 🙂

Perhaps we’ll see next week’s episode. I think Jacob and MIB are the focal point.
 
:rotfl:

Nope, Joe, I guess I can’t let it go. 👍

But, we’ll see soon. Either I will have to come back here and admit I was wrong or. . . maybe others will have to?

VC

(down with Jacob)
 
I guess I missed out on the earlier posts where the debate on Jacob’s allegiance to good or evil was played out. Any page references would be welcomed - I guess I’ve just taken Jacob as good through his words and actions, but the same could be set about the MIB by the people in his group.
 
I had a another thought: it seems to me that “Jacob’s touch” isn’t about being a candidate, but rather bringing someone to the island and also acts as a “mark of Cain” so that MIB (or anyone??) can’t kill them.

Certainly MIB can’t kill them directly. Maybe other’s can’t kill them on the island either. But in any event, since Kate was “marked” but not a candidate, does that mean she is important to Jacob’s plan, but just not as a candidate? Did she need to be alive to act as a catalyst for Jack and Sawyer?

VC
 
I guess I missed out on the earlier posts where the debate on Jacob’s allegiance to good or evil was played out. Any page references would be welcomed - I guess I’ve just taken Jacob as good through his words and actions, but the same could be set about the MIB by the people in his group.
I have my options set to 100 posts per page, so for me it’s all on page 1. 🙂

I believe posts #25-38 is about where the bulk of the discussion took place.
 
[SIGN]Team Jacob [/SIGN]

He’s not a saint, but he’s the Island’s original good guy. 👍

Incidentally, the next episode of Lost deals with Jacob/MIB’s back story. We’ll finally get some answers. I suspect MIB has reasons to be angry about his entrapment, but Jacob’s reason’s will ultimately have virtuous ends.
 
[sign]
Down with Jacob[/sign]

[sign]Jacob is Evil[/sign]

VC
Verbum, Verbum, Verbum. After this past episode, you know the one, where MIB LIES to everyone & says he’s leaving the island with them and then plants the bomb on Jack to KILL them all, you STILL are obstinate about the MIB being the good one?!?! I think you’re betting on the wrong horse my friend.
Either I will have to come back here and admit I was wrong or. . . maybe others will have to?
I look forward to that apology. 😃
 
Verbum, Verbum, Verbum. After this past episode, you know the one, where MIB LIES to everyone & says he’s leaving the island with them and then plants the bomb on Jack to KILL them all, you STILL are obstinate about the MIB being the good one?!?! I think you’re betting on the wrong horse my friend.
DW,

I never said that MIB was the good one! (hint hint)

VC
 
For me, it comes down to the fact that having Jacob equal good and MiB equal bad is too straight forward for Lost.
 
Hmmmmm.

Question #1: How did Psycho-Mom kill all the others?

Question #2: What’s up with the cave and the bodies? Didn’t Locke say that it would take 40 years for clothing to decompose like that? But Jacob put those bodies in way more than 40 years ago. . . time’s amok here.

Observation: It doesn’t look like the Smoke-Monster is the same as MiB (the son). It looks like MiB died, and Smokey replicated him just like Smokey did with Locke. And just like in Locke’s case, Smokey absorbs and is affected by the memories/persona of the dead person who he absorbs.

VC
 
Observation: It doesn’t look like the Smoke-Monster is the same as MiB (the son). It looks like MiB died, and Smokey replicated him just like Smokey did with Locke. And just like in Locke’s case, Smokey absorbs and is affected by the memories/persona of the dead person who he absorbs.
And I guess Smokey couldn’t come out of the cave before MIB was sent in there? Was sending someone in the cave like “letting the genie out of the bottle” thing?
 
Now, here’s an interesting thing.

Suppose that smokey isn’t really a sentient creature – that until MiB was flushed down the golden drain of doom Smokey didn’t have any persona at all. But since MiB was the first contact, it used his persona as the template.

Maybe it’s not Smokey that wants to get off the island so bad, it is the dead MiB that does. Smokey has just been driven by that desire of MiB.

And, also, does Smokey even know it isn’t MiB? Perhaps not. Perhaps it thinks it was a human that was changed (as Smokey said in one episode). Since it was the first time (or otherwise most relatively significant time) it absorbed a person maybe it doesn’t know it wasn’t a person before that.

Especially if Jacob kept the ruse going. Calling it brother, etc. etc.

VC
 
I think the cave of life simply severed MIB’s spirit from his body. His spirit now appears as a column of black smoke. I don’t think MIB’s death freed a second entity in the cave.

Also, Jack did say that the way the clothes had deteriorated, they had been there probably 50 years or so. Those clothes had to have been there since at least the 19th century, since Richard was recruited after Jacob and MIB’s falling out. Given the damp environment of the caves, I would think the clothes could not have survived long, but then again there wasn’t much clothing left on the skeletons that I remember.

I’m curious why it was so important to keep MIB on the island and why Jacob was so keen to prove MIB wrong that people are corrupt. His mother went to terrible lengths to keep her “sons” there. Maybe Jacob did not want to release the dead (MIB and possibly the dead ghosts as well) on the living. The Island may be the cork between the life force of the planet and the realm of the living. This episode also created a few new key questions: why does the Island need a protector, how did that job start, and why can’t the rules set by Claudia between Jacob and MIB be broken?
 
By the way, I loved this mythology episode. At this point in the season, I was salivating for a big reveal of the Island mysteries. I was not disappointed. 👍
 
Also, Jack did say that the way the clothes had deteriorated, they had been there probably 50 years or so. Those clothes had to have been there since at least the 19th century, since Richard was recruited after Jacob and MIB’s falling out.
I’m not sure what you mean here. If it is the same clothes that Jacob buried them in then they have been there LONG before the 19th century. These folks were speaking Latin and using ancient knives – I assumed all this took place thousands of years ago, not 100’s, let alone 50 years. Maybe I missed something.

VC
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top