LOST season 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter AmberDale
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that on Jimmy Kimmel, Cuse and Lindelof said that the numbers will be more fully explained in the next several episodes. I guess we’ll see…
I’d like to see that happen.

If it does, here is my guess: That note that was in the Ankh presumably had the names of Jack, Hurley, Sayid etc. on it. What if each name has a corresponding number? A familiar number. . .

VC
 
I’d like to see that happen.

If it does, here is my guess: That note that was in the Ankh presumably had the names of Jack, Hurley, Sayid etc. on it. What if each name has a corresponding number? A familiar number. . .

VC
Hmmm, that’s an interesting thought… Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and Jin, who were later joined my Sawyer and Miles. That’s 7 people with 6 numbers. Unless one of them had the number 108 (the sum total of the 6 numbers).
 
Hmmm, that’s an interesting thought… Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, and Jin, who were later joined my Sawyer and Miles. That’s 7 people with 6 numbers. Unless one of them had the number 108 (the sum total of the 6 numbers).
Yes. And who did Jacob interact with? Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, Sawyer and. . . Locke. But Locke is dead. . . so we need a replacement. Maybe somebody that can talk to the dead Locke?

VC
 
Yes. And who did Jacob interact with? Jack, Kate, Hurley, Sayid, Jin, Sawyer and. . . Locke. But Locke is dead. . . so we need a replacement. Maybe somebody that can talk to the dead Locke?

VC
Hey!, and let’s not forget the Oceanic Six.

Alright, now I think my head is going to explode from trying to figure all this out. :o
 
VC,
I am with you. I got the impression that Jacob was evil in the last episode of the last season and that MIB is trying to stop him. But the smoke monster is evil… so I am not so sure right now.
 
Another new episode tonight! Oh what new questions will be raised! 😃
 
I’m not a fan of Kate-centrics since they are usually slow and involve Kate running away from some obligation. :rolleyes: This episode was slow as well but otherwise ok; it was nice to see Claire again and I liked how the end of the episode brings back the “disease” that Rosseau and Desmond feared early in Lost.

It was very interesting to see Claire alive again! I had thought she died since she abandoned Aaron. I guess being “claimed” (by the smoke monster?) has changed her personality and explains why she abandoned her baby and looked so self-assured and smarmy in Jacob’s cabin. It also seems likely that Christian is probably the smoke monster. I hope the next episode is a Claire-centric!

I also liked how Kate and Claire seemed to have flashes of deja-vu in the flash-sideways. Despite Kate’s actions, she still connected with Claire. I think everyone there is beginning to become more aware of their connections to the other reality. Having Ethan as Claire’s ob-gyn was also a creepy and ironic touch.
 
Was it just me or was last nights episode :yawn: ?

Just left me feeling as if I gained little to nothing by watching it. In this final season, I guess that I had higher expectations. Last week, I could not wait to get through the commercials to see what was coming up next, this week, ho hum.

A few things revealed, but it did not do much for me. Maybe because I have not seen Season 2 & 3 (parts) I am missing a few things?

Love reading this thread and following all the theories that I could not formulate.
 
Last night’s episode was a little slower moving than last week’s premiere, but I guess I’m just too excited about this last season to notice that much. :o

Nova, thanks for reminding me about the “disease” Rousseau feared (and which her team fell prey to). I failed to make that connection. I was wondering if what happened to Sayid is what happened to the young Ben when Richard brought him to the Temple to be healed, but warned that his innocence would be gone and he would never be the same. But if Ben had this disease, it would seem he would not be leading the Others since they did not seem too keen on keeping Sayid around. :hmmm:

You do have a point about those Kate-centered episodes. They usually don’t seem to be as exciting.

Those looks of deja vu were kind of going on last week, too, with Jack and Desmond and even Jack and Locke. It will be interesting to see how the flash-sideways pans out.

I would guess that next week’s episode is Claire-centric. It seems that usually when a character returns from a long absence at the end of the episode, the next episode centers on them. I guess they could return to Locke and company for the next episode and then back to Claire after that. It will be a good one, though!
 
I was wondering if what happened to Sayid is what happened to the young Ben when Richard brought him to the Temple to be healed, but warned that his innocence would be gone and he would never be the same. But if Ben had this disease, it would seem he would not be leading the Others since they did not seem too keen on keeping Sayid around. :hmmm:
Joe,

But when Ben went to the temple the water was pure Jacob Brand ™ water. Sayid got shoved into new and improved Monster Brand water.

VC
 
New and improved monster brand water… lol

I was confused as to why the Others wanted Jack to give Sayid the suicide pill (so he could take it voluntarily) rather than just put a bullet through him themselves. Maybe they are not allowed to kill Sayid since he is on Jacob’s list found in Hurley’s ankh? I think the leader at the temple realizes he screwed up by putting Sayid in the water, but doesn’t have direct authority to kill him directly.

Also the torturing test was odd. Not sure how that proved Sayid was claimed by the Smoke monster. Woud the pure water have “Otherized” Sayid (as little Ben was)? Perhaps someone who has been healed by the water would heal from wounds inflicted by torturing? Although that doesn’t explain the electro-shock test.

So many new questions, so few new answers (although we sorta have more basis for speculating about the disease and about the fate of Claire.
 
Another point of discussion: why do the Others seem to know that the smoke monster is evil but don’t always fear it in the past. The two Others goons who escorted Kate and Jin on their mission to find Sawyer, described the smoke monster as the entity they feared and were trying to protect Sawyer from. But in the past, Ben (the leader of the others) went to the smoke monster to seek judgement for his role in the death of his daughter. Ben also seemed to have some control over the smoke monster when he called it to the Barracks to deal with the freighter commandos.

It might be that the smoke monster and Jacob keep each other under control. Perhaps the smoke monster has a useful role on the Island (as long as he is nulled by Jacob) as protector and judge that Ben and the Others are aware of. The death of Jacob may have upset the balance and now the Others are scared to death.
 
Here is the ending:

The camera pulls back and there is a merger between LOST and Survivor: Fiji.

Then the “OTHERS” attack the merged team and Jacob and Jeff have a fight with coconut cream pies.

It turns out all along the camp for the camera crew for LOST and Survivor was the SAME CAMP!!! No joke,

And then they all go to prison for tax evasion and then Richard becomes the Lord of the Flies.

Except that John wins the game of Liars Dice and gets a tax subsidy to continue the LOST program in Vancouver where they are all amid the crowds of the Winter Olympics and are permanently gone!

As the editor fades it out, Juliette and what’sname are in the surf in one another’s arms.

Except that as Hurley watches on, a giant pendulum falls out of the sky and lands on them, spearing them to the beach, underwater, where Charley mysteriously appears.

IF, the ratings are high enough, the producers will continue filming in Vancouver where they will be sponsored by the 2010 Census with voiceovers by Bill Clinton and George Bush.

Except that the actor who plays Hurley had to be replaced because he lost a lot of weight as the spokesperson for Nutrisystem.
 
Here is the ending:

The camera pulls back and there is a merger between LOST and Survivor: Fiji.

Then the “OTHERS” attack the merged team and Jacob and Jeff have a fight with coconut cream pies.

It turns out all along the camp for the camera crew for LOST and Survivor was the SAME CAMP!!! No joke,

And then they all go to prison for tax evasion and then Richard becomes the Lord of the Flies.

Except that John wins the game of Liars Dice and gets a tax subsidy to continue the LOST program in Vancouver where they are all amid the crowds of the Winter Olympics and are permanently gone!

As the editor fades it out, Juliette and what’sname are in the surf in one another’s arms.

Except that as Hurley watches on, a giant pendulum falls out of the sky and lands on them, spearing them to the beach, underwater, where Charley mysteriously appears.

IF, the ratings are high enough, the producers will continue filming in Vancouver where they will be sponsored by the 2010 Census with voiceovers by Bill Clinton and George Bush.
Yes, and stay tuned for next year’s spin-off series: FOUND 😛
 
So much time has gone by that the roles of Kate and Juliette are now being played by the Olson Twins.

To avoid further cast defections, the actors will only appear ONE AT A TIME on camera, thus providing more time for the cast at the cast catering buffet.

Except that the actress who plays Jack’s mother has a seafood allergy and dies during the lunch break. Which causes a problem for the filming of “Castle” because the same actress plays the mother on both programs.
 
I think we are seeing parallels with “It’s A Wonderful Life”:

Jack has been given a wonderful gift to see what life would be like without the island as if it had never been there.

As the story unfolds will Jack choose life without the island or life with the island?

I guess the remaining question is: Who is Jack’s Guardian Angel? I don’t recall the name of Clarence in Lost.
 
My wife claims (and I almost seem to recall) that when Rouseau found Sayid, she did some shock-therapy on him as well. And she talked about her island-mates getting infected. :hmmm:
 
Here is the ending:

The camera pulls back and there is a merger between LOST and Survivor: Fiji.

Then the “OTHERS” attack the merged team and Jacob and Jeff have a fight with coconut cream pies.

It turns out all along the camp for the camera crew for LOST and Survivor was the SAME CAMP!!! No joke,

And then they all go to prison for tax evasion and then Richard becomes the Lord of the Flies.

Except that John wins the game of Liars Dice and gets a tax subsidy to continue the LOST program in Vancouver where they are all amid the crowds of the Winter Olympics and are permanently gone!

As the editor fades it out, Juliette and what’sname are in the surf in one another’s arms.

Except that as Hurley watches on, a giant pendulum falls out of the sky and lands on them, spearing them to the beach, underwater, where Charley mysteriously appears.

IF, the ratings are high enough, the producers will continue filming in Vancouver where they will be sponsored by the 2010 Census with voiceovers by Bill Clinton and George Bush.

Except that the actor who plays Hurley had to be replaced because he lost a lot of weight as the spokesperson for Nutrisystem.
Does Lost, and Lost fans expounding our crazy theories really sound this insane?

I guess it’s true, and it’s geeky, but boy is it fun. 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top