Lying to Scammers

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eilrahc
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must ask: how many of you are here to argue? How many are here for truth? To the righteous the answer seems obvious, but the wicked never cease their web. They lie to themselves first, impart it to others, and ask for applause. Heretics are happy in this day and age, yes. Such is the internet, but remember the crowd. How many are on your side? Does majority determine the vote? Last time they picked Barrabas, while leaving Jesus towards the Cross. Yes, the majority vote seems clear- definitely not the way. I’ll stick with the few who believe
 
Telling the truth is not rude. A gift is a gift, nothing is owed them but the truth, charity does the rest. The Nazi’s would listen to your lie, come in your house to check, and then kill you along with the Jews. You’d die in your sin, as Jesus says those who try to save their lives will lose it. Hopefully, you’ll change soon. Life is short. God alone is worthy of adoration, so you won’t win me with those words. The Imitation of Christ tells us not to judge others, therefore a priest is destined to hear what you just said to me in the confession booth. But that is between you and God, as for me your sin is already forgiven. I rather give money to a beggar, than my time to a fool.
You say all that stuff in an attempt to make me feel guilty for not giving money to beggars, when just a few posts you flat out admitting to holding money back. You’re starving Jesus just as much as I am, except you’re rude about it. Besides, this topic is about how to reject beggars, not whether or not you should be giving to beggars.

Your little speeches are getting annoying. I’m such a mean and nasty, horrible person for disagreeing with you :rolleyes: Instead of waxing on about this and that and making baseless assumptions about how I conduct my life, why don’t you actually address the points being brought up? Like why is it any of the beggars’ business if I have money if I have no intention of giving him any? Why it is necessary to act so pointlessly rude to beggars when all they care about is a simple yes or no? Why is saying “no” so much more evil than saying “yes, but no”?

It’s simple communications. Like I said, the beggar cares little about if you have money if you won’t give him any. All your way does is make him even more annoyed and waste both of your time. Case in point, simillar example: I ask a waitress if there’s anymore coffee when my mug is empty, and she say “yes”, but stands there and does nothing, we have established a failure to communicate.

And I highly doubt God would condemn somebody to hell for telling a beggar “no”, instead of “yes, but no”, especially since your intention, what is in your heart, is exactly the same. It’d be different if it was clear the beggar really needed the money, or if you actually had any intention of giving money to him, but in this scenario, neither of those are true. The intention and end result are exactly the same; get the guy to stop bugging you.
 
Not a single word you’ve listened to, so Pharoah’s heart was hardened. I will answer for those who look on, but this fool’s errand, I won’t continue.

Let’s look at what you say- analyze it word by word

The very first thing you say fails, you misrepresent my position- left out the best part. The martyrs faced death and did not deny their faith, so I said. And the proof of this is that they are martyrs, for if they lied to save their life, they cannot be a martyr-

Why I should respond to analogies I don’t know, for in logic analogies prove nothing, but are only to make a thing clearer. So let’s stick with lying itself.

As for your pride, anyone who says they are not prideful is not a humble person. That much is sure, but let God judge between us. As you said, far be it from me to look into a man’s heart. So agree to this oath, let God punish whichever one of us is wrong on this matter-if calamity falls on me, I will be the first here to testify on your behalf. I only ask for the same in return…not for my sake, but for those onlookers, who could use the boost of faith. Perhaps both of our consciences are clear, but I ask God to judge even who is wrong. Misery from God is but a gift on the way. Open your mouth towards God therefore instead of looking to me. Let him show you the way- hard as it may be. I lie in wait too, in case I am wrong…as St. Paul says, “my conscience is clear, but let God be the judge” You’ll agree to this too surely enough- how can you not, when everything that comes from God is good?
Come one man. Are you paying attention? Let me try again:
40.png
me:
And please note that I am not interested in what you think of my motivations, whether or not I’m headed to hell, or my logical prowess, but only in your response to this question.
If you are not capable of presenting an argument without making baseless assumptions about the people you debate with, and are further not capable of seeing when someone is dealing with something you’ve said a bit more lightly because the alternative is to be offended by your presumption and arrogant rudeness, then perhaps you are not ready to debate - and you would certainly not be ready to start putting “Aquinas” in your name. Aquinas, if you’ll recall, listed objections and replied to them logically (and actually replied to them at all) without saying things like “anyone who disagrees with me must be a prideful terrible person”. It is ironic that the vice you’ve picked to project on everyone who has the gall to disagree with you is pride - perhaps you should think about that for a while before saying any more.

My last try to deal with you using some attempt at logic -

A Martyr is anyone who dies for his faith. A person may deceive to save his life because he is not yet ready to die, in the sense that his death would cause grave harm to others, and then be Martyred later. Thus if the Romans come running after me and say “have you seen Athanasius” and I say “he’s up ahead” and they go on, then I have not yet been martyred - and may have good reason to avoid being martyred at such time - but I may very well be later.

To let oneself be murdered when it is easily avoidable when one has dependents would be to fail to care for ones dependents. Get this through your head - protecting the life God has given us is not a bad thing in of itself. An argument “you only did that so wouldn’t die, what’s wrong with you” is no argument, because in general (and so long as we don’t do anything that is actually immoral and not just something that some random guy on the internet keeps saying is immoral) trying to stay alive is a good thing.

Further, there is very much a difference between saying “Athanasius is up ahead,” and saying “I deny God.” Your problem with the first is that there is deception involved. The problem with the second is that saying it makes it true. It is unarguably true that one cannot deny God for any reason, but this does not extend to saying one cannot tell a beggar “I cannot help you, sorry” when it is true that you cannot in fact make sure they are actually helped.

So I say again. The saints were holy people. Some were martyred, some were not. Many of them acted contrarily to your opinion. If you’re going to invoke the martyrs, then I will invoke the communion of saints as a whole - by their actions they appear to disagree with you.

And again. This is not in principal and irrefutable argument. What you must do is us logic, and logic is not baseless accusations and insults and claiming to know how hard my heart is (my heart is actually performing quiet well right this moment, faint murmur, but thank you for caring) but an actual argument that proves something. Remember that an actual argument addresses the issue on hand, and is not “against the man” or even “against the man’s soul”.

Should I need to discuss the state of my soul, I will do so with a priest or with someone who has earned my respect and trust - not with some random person in on the internet who doesn’t see the problem with arguing by saying “you dare disagree with me? how prideful thou must be!”
 
I must ask: how many of you are here to argue? How many are here for truth?
We are all here for truth, but the Truth is God, not you. No horses allowed inside, please dismount from your rather tall one and allow it to be led to the stables.
 
It is a sin to ignore someone. The words “ignorance” and “ignore” are related. Secondly, a lie is not contingent on someone being a stranger. The person who fears God but has no fear of man, will simply say, “yes, I have money, but I am not going to give it to you.”
I wasn’t advocating that they should be ignored. I asked it as a question to the OP, because I believe it is a sin to ignore. I made it very clear in my last post, that I simply say, “sorry” and keep walking.

I have bought food for the unfortunate that hang around my local McDonalds, only to drive off looking in my rear view mirror and seeing them drop the food in the trash. I just say a prayer for them.

I don’t know where you live, but if I tell a stranger on the street that, “yes I have money” and no you can’t have it", I risk serious injury & death … as well as my money!🤷
 
Because when the beggar asks the question he is not asking whether the money you have is for him or not; he is asking you if you have money. Playing stupid does not escape the sight of God who can look into every heart and see whether it is deceptive or not.
He has no right to know whether or not I have money. That information is none of his business - he is neither my husband nor my financial advisor.
 
Christ says, “fear not those who can harm only the body but the one who can destroy both soul and body” Therefore, it is foolish to risk eternal hell-fire in fear of the safety of one’s physical body. Making this decision not only forces a lie, but displays a lack of faith in God’s promise of the afterlife
I have a family that depends on me to stay as able as possible in order to raise them and tend to their needs. The same reasons why I don’t jump from airplanes. Instead, I pray for them, and wish them well.

I have a beautiful teenage daughter. Do you? Should I insist on her stopping and talking to strange men on the street. Should she say, “yes, I have money, and no you can’t have it.” Or, should she take the time to stop in front of him, open her purse and pull out 2 dollars from her wallet, while a 20 is still visible? What if he asks her for this favor at my doorstep, without me being home? What if he asks her if she has a phone? She says yes, but you can’t use it. Should she not shut the door and lock it, and fear not those that can only harm the body? As far as I am concerned, these incidents should have never gotten this far.
 
Again, the appeal to fear of bodily harm. Something the man of faith is beyond. Your speech of this sort falls on deaf ears for true believers- those ready to give up their life on a word. If your goal is to convert others, then how wrongly you have misjudged. It’s God that converts the heart, not you- can’t even convert yourself- not without a grace- a gift from above. You seem to care more about appearances than what actually is- but people aren’t that stupid- much less do beggars care about appearances- they live and breathe reality. Jesus will no doubt say to you, “I was hungry and you did not give me to eat” and you will say “lord when did I see you hungry?” I’d hope you know the rest…try using your excuses on Him** All i can do is quote.
Nobody is denying food to the hungry. Everyone in this thread is a tithing Christian, meaning that a regular percentage of our income feeds, clothes, and houses the truly needy.

We are only denying illegal drugs to the addicted - a thing that we would all do for our own children and everyone we love, so the act of denying these is a loving act.

There is free food for the needy all over most cities, paid for by our tithes to the Church; the only thing you need to do is point the person in the direction of the nearest free food kitchen.
The Nazi’s would listen to your lie, come in your house to check, and then kill you along with the Jews.
And they wouldn’t have come to my door except you were so zealous for the truth that you went to them in the same way that Judas went to the High Priest, and gave my address to them,so that they could come and kill me, my family, and the Jews in my attic. Because keeping your mouth shut and minding your own business is a sin, apparently. 🤷

(Do you recommend Judas for Sainthood, then? Since he was all about the truth, too, at the expense of human life.)
 
After numerous posts from the one-day old account “Aquinas Jr”, I’m hoping most of us here have figured him out: don’t feel the troll.
Telling the truth is not rude. A gift is a gift, nothing is owed them but the truth, charity does the rest. The Nazi’s would listen to your lie, come in your house to check, and then kill you along with the Jews. You’d die in your sin, as Jesus says those who try to save their lives will lose it.
BTW, the person lying in this scenario is trying to save the Jews, at the risk of their own safety if their lie is exposed. The one who tells the truth here - as you demand - is trying to save themselves by currying favor with the Nazis.

Shoot, I just fed, didn’t I? 😉
 
I agree with this for sure. I’ve lived in a couple cities–right in the center. Nashville and Philadelphia to be specific. I’d give money on a whim or hold it back- it depended on my mood. Sometimes I’d by them food, but McDonalds served them for free, so there was no need for that. I learned a few lessons quick, some who I turned down cursed me, but it was almost my hand that knocked them out. I didn’t sin, I resisted, but the temptation was there for sure. I see no reason to fear a human just like me- I’d let them kill me first. But it never comes to that…a murderer or a robber is set out from the beginning; there’s no escaping him. Either way, it’s not the victim’s fault. this life is only passing…we can’t forget Christ’s words
nonsense,who told you that?
 
I must ask: how many of you are here to argue? How many are here for truth? To the righteous the answer seems obvious, but the wicked never cease their web. They lie to themselves first, impart it to others, and ask for applause. Heretics are happy in this day and age, yes. Such is the internet, but remember the crowd. How many are on your side? Does majority determine the vote? Last time they picked Barrabas, while leaving Jesus towards the Cross. Yes, the majority vote seems clear- definitely not the way. I’ll stick with the few who believe
ok frank i got it, you stand on the shoulders of giants.:bowdown2::bowdown:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top