Man Married for 80 Years Dies at 105

  • Thread starter Thread starter StratusRose
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

StratusRose

Guest
LONDON - Percy Arrowsmith, who with his wife set the record two weeks ago for the world’s longest marriage, died Wednesday, his wife of 80 years by his side. He was 105.


I posted an article about a month ago about this couple. Poor lady. I imagine she will pass away soon since she probably cannot bear to be separated from him. 😦
 
What an inspirational couple! God Bless them, and Rest him and comfort his wife in here loss until they are united again! :love:
 
They give me such hope that I too will find a man to spend ALL of my life with and have a long happy marriage!
 
For some reason I’m reminded of the joke where a couple that has been married for 72 years go to get a divorce. The judge asks, “Why do you want a divorce after 72 years of marriage?” The man says, “We hate each others’ guts.” The woman says, “I haven’t been able to stand the sight of him since 1936.”

The judge says, “Why didn’t you get divorced back then?”

The woman says, “We wanted to wait until the kids were dead. A thing like this would have killed them!”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top