A
AshestoAshes
Guest
Hello! I am a new convert. I was just confirmed on Saturday. I had a few questions about marijuana and masturbation, actually.
First, I am not a heavy marijuana user. In fact, I just only used it for he first time in two months,today. However, I did not get high. I didn’t even get a buzz nor was that my goal. I had an extremely bad migraine along with nausea.I tried multiple methods to get rid of it, like taking a nap, using peppermint oil and taking pain relievers. None of those worked, so, as a last resort, I smoke a small amount of weed. It did help ease the pain, but I avoided smoking enough to actually get high. Did I commit a mortal sin or venial? Is it a sin, at all since I used it to help with extreme pain? Is medical marijuana a sin, as well? Even for those who it drastically improves their standard of life?
My next topic is masturbation. I’ve read many upon many things about why Catholics believe it to be a sin, but one major reason I found is that it steals from your spouse because you’re withholding sex. I can not find the specific question anywhere. If I am not married, does that knock down the severity of the sin? I am not withholding from anyone and I do not see myself getting married anytime soon. I would need a boyfriend, to begin with. And, in my personal life, it has prevented me from hooking up with guys. I find that taking away the ability to satisfy my urges myself will lead my to have premarital sex.
First, I am not a heavy marijuana user. In fact, I just only used it for he first time in two months,today. However, I did not get high. I didn’t even get a buzz nor was that my goal. I had an extremely bad migraine along with nausea.I tried multiple methods to get rid of it, like taking a nap, using peppermint oil and taking pain relievers. None of those worked, so, as a last resort, I smoke a small amount of weed. It did help ease the pain, but I avoided smoking enough to actually get high. Did I commit a mortal sin or venial? Is it a sin, at all since I used it to help with extreme pain? Is medical marijuana a sin, as well? Even for those who it drastically improves their standard of life?
My next topic is masturbation. I’ve read many upon many things about why Catholics believe it to be a sin, but one major reason I found is that it steals from your spouse because you’re withholding sex. I can not find the specific question anywhere. If I am not married, does that knock down the severity of the sin? I am not withholding from anyone and I do not see myself getting married anytime soon. I would need a boyfriend, to begin with. And, in my personal life, it has prevented me from hooking up with guys. I find that taking away the ability to satisfy my urges myself will lead my to have premarital sex.