Marijuana and Masturbation

  • Thread starter Thread starter AshestoAshes
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Church decided it was a sin using context clues. What if I disagree with the Church?
Then you are wrong. As Catholics we are required to submit to all the teachings of the Church, regardless of whether or not we struggle personally with them. If we have doubts, the we need to accept that we must be wrong and we must work to align our minds with the mind of the Church.

To say that the Church is wrong is to either hold that the teachings of the Church do not represent the teachings of Christ, or to hold that the teachings of Christ are wrong.

I think we have a real problem today with people being of a mindset where they think that if they think something is right then they must indeed be right. GK Chesterton once said that to be Catholic was to have the humility to accept that the Church knows better than you do. And considering that our Church was founded by God himself, would you not accept that he has a point?
 
Then you are wrong. As Catholics we are required to submit to all the teachings of the Church, regardless of whether or not we struggle personally with them. If we have doubts, the we need to accept that we must be wrong and we must work to align our minds with the mind of the Church.

To say that the Church is wrong is to either hold that the teachings of the Church do not represent the teachings of Christ, or to hold that the teachings of Christ are wrong.

I think we have a real problem today with people being of a mindset where they think that if they think something is right then they must indeed be right. GK Chesterton once said that to be Catholic was to have the humility to accept that the Church knows better than you do. And considering that our Church was founded by God himself, would you not accept that he has a point?
Fine. I accept that the Church knows better than I. But I still don’t understand why God wouldn’t just say it was a sin instead of letting us figure it out on our own. Especially since it can send us to hell
 
Fine. I accept that the Church knows better than I. But I still don’t understand why God wouldn’t just say it was a sin instead of letting us figure it out on our own. Especially since it can send us to hell
We trust in our Holy Magisterium to guide us. As Catholics we do not look to the Bible for a direct quote on every single aspect of faith and morals. Our Faith is built upon Scripture, Sacred Tradition and the Holy Magisterium.

I’m pleased to see that you accept that the Church knows better than you on this issue. We all have our struggles with certain issues and we can question these issues in an attempt to gain a better understanding so that we can more easily accept what the Church teaches.
 
No difference for me between caffeine and pot. Both promote my loving God with increased strength.
This isn’t correct because the Church doesn’t define the theological virtue of love as an emotion, anymore than things such as patience, self-control, kindness, or generosity could be considered emotions. They are virtues, and a virtue is an action of the will. You choose to love somebody by placing them at equal or greater value than your own wants and needs

If love were a kind of sentimentality, then prayer & devotion would be entirely unnecessary for the Christian life. A nice glass of smooth cinnamon whiskey on the rocks and some girls in Princess Lea bikini outfits could do the job of making me holy just fine.

It is true that virtues can (and do) produce emotions, just like any action is going to produce some sort of good or bad consequence, but they are not emotions in of themselves.
 
So what happens when you miss your morning coffee?
The spark plugs attached to my neurons cease to fire and I feel blah. I also take Adderall, which is a strong stimulant that also enhances my spirituality. My best days are when I get an insatiable desire for coffee and I drink cup after cup throughout the day.
 
Robert Sock don’t you know even ingesting 1 marahawna could lead to cronic masturbation and uncontrolled homosexuality

To the original poster. The clitoris is the devils doorbell. Ring it and he will answer. Is a moment of pleasure worth an eternity of the fires of HELL?
 
Robert Sock don’t you know even ingesting 1 marahawna could lead to cronic masturbation and uncontrolled homosexuality
Sounds off-the-wall, but yes, Satan controls much of our sexuality and can cause such things.
 
Sounds off-the-wall, but yes, Satan controls much of our sexuality and can cause such things.
Yeh I know. I knew someone once who injected 2 ,yes you read right, 2 whole marahawanas straight into their vein and now they work at mcdonald… tragic.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top