W
whatsthetruth
Guest
Hello Catholic Forums!
My girlfriend disapproves my use of marijuana, and we would both like to know what you all think. I’d like to begin by saying I don’t put marijuana before god, nor anything else. I’m a devoted catholic and try my best to please God.
I used to drink alchohol but hate the feeling of not being in control, Marijuana makes me feel at peace with myself and not worry about material things. I practice Tai Chi and love to workout and meditate. I believe marijuana helps me in all these areas and other areas also because it helps me focus on one thing at a time, and helps me realize the consequences of my actions.
The bible also refers to marijuana,
yielding seed after its kind" (Genesis 1:12, 29) blessed by God on the third day of creation for people to use in conjunction with our free will.
In the later times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." (Paul: 1 Timothy 1-4)
God said, ‘Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat.’ … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:29-31)
Although Jesus lived among a society with many cannabis smokers, He never chastised the practice and warned us not to criticize other people for their habits or for whatever they consume. “Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man.” (Mat. 15:11)
I believe a lot of people don’t know much about this plant, and call it a drug because the way they see people act on it, when in all reality it’s the person and not marijuana. I still feel like myself and close to god when I use marijuana. I would like to know your opinions as well, thankyou.
My girlfriend disapproves my use of marijuana, and we would both like to know what you all think. I’d like to begin by saying I don’t put marijuana before god, nor anything else. I’m a devoted catholic and try my best to please God.
I used to drink alchohol but hate the feeling of not being in control, Marijuana makes me feel at peace with myself and not worry about material things. I practice Tai Chi and love to workout and meditate. I believe marijuana helps me in all these areas and other areas also because it helps me focus on one thing at a time, and helps me realize the consequences of my actions.
The bible also refers to marijuana,
yielding seed after its kind" (Genesis 1:12, 29) blessed by God on the third day of creation for people to use in conjunction with our free will.
In the later times, some shall … speak lies in hypocrisy … commanding to abstain from meats which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth." (Paul: 1 Timothy 1-4)
God said, ‘Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed which is upon the face of all the earth.…To you it will be for meat.’ … And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." (Genesis 1:29-31)
Although Jesus lived among a society with many cannabis smokers, He never chastised the practice and warned us not to criticize other people for their habits or for whatever they consume. “Not that which goeth into the mouth defileth a man; that which cometh out of the mouth defileth a man.” (Mat. 15:11)
I believe a lot of people don’t know much about this plant, and call it a drug because the way they see people act on it, when in all reality it’s the person and not marijuana. I still feel like myself and close to god when I use marijuana. I would like to know your opinions as well, thankyou.