Marijuana good or bad?

  • Thread starter Thread starter CinNoMore
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, do not hate the product. Abusers will find something to abuse. They need help.
The original post was – marijuana, good or bad.
What am saying is that abusing the product is what makes it bad.
But you could say the same for heroin.
 
However, weed is ordered toward getting high. We make these sorts of arguments all the time.
I rather think that’s up to the person using it to decide whether it’s for getting high or for medicinal use. I would be one of those who use it to treat anxiety and depression, a mental health issue which makes things like friendships and spiritual life very hard for me if left untreated

Weed in my particular circumstance is ordered to helping me live better
 
Last edited:
In an earlier post I mentioned that I’m bracketing the medical marijuana discussion for the time being. I was discussing it’s recreational use.

Also, no, it’s up to a medical doctor/psychopharmacological expert to decide if it’s for medical use. Not the person using.
 
Well I suppose that’s a rather pointless thing to do. Recreational and medicinal are linked. The discussion originally posed the question of marijuana. So, why not lay out your position for medicinal purposes
 
You don’t have to smoke marijuana. You can eat chocolates and other things that have THC infused.
 
Ok, then don’t. Nobody in this instance is forcing you to do anything. The point being it’s a bit silly to not bring up that edibles are an option. You don’t have to smoke cannabis, there’s other ways it can be used.

I do edibles because I’m not a smoker. And the reason I’m using them is because I’m trying to treat my anxiety and depression, things a psychiatrist has diagnosed me with.
 
I also have anxiety and depression and yes, it was offered to me by my doctor. But I’ve seen it screw up enough lives I want nothing to do with it.
 
Okay I don’t smoke weed because I’m tested so much for my job, but what’s the difference between smoking a joint to relax and drinking a few beers to relax?
 
This like any drug affects people differently. You say it helps you with anxiety and depression. It causes those two in me plus many other horrible symptoms. I absolutely hate the garbage. Yet I heard of people with big smiles on their faces as the walk out of the dispensaries with boxes full of the stuff. As much as I hate it there are people out there who aren’t happy unless they are high.
 
Last edited:
Ok, and that’s your prerogative. Myself on the other hand is having success with it. It’s calming me down and it really helps me to actually go out and do things. We can simply agree to disagree on the matter.

The point being my medicine is not the same as yours, and that’s fine. The catechism states that the abuse of drugs is not ordered toward anything holy, and I agree with that. I however am not abusing any drugs. And I’m not making bad moral decisions or influencing others into making said choices.
 
Federal law makes it illegal. It’s just not being enforced in the states that have changed their laws.
 
Yet states still sell it openly and you can still buy it. So the feds don’t care that much.
 
As much as I hate it there are people out there who aren’t happy unless they are high.
I don’t think that’s a fair characterization of myself or the people I’m advocating for. It’s not that people are unhappy because they’re not high, it’s that they need something to help manage the symptoms of the illness they have. You’re right that it affects people differently, just as any drug out there does.

I think of medicinal cannabis as something that might be the right fit for certain people. It’s one of those medicines where it’s a hit or miss
 
I don’t know anyone who smokes weed that does it because it is illegal…and I know a lot of pot heads growing up in Huntington Beach 🙂 they do it to get high…
 
I’m not saying EVERYBODY who uses it are not happy unless they are high. But I know of SOME who aren’t happy unless they are high whether they get it medically or for recreational use. I was contrasting those people with people like myself who can’t stand it.
 
Last edited:
Yet as Catholics we are to obey the law. Not just the state. Not just if it’s enforced.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top