Married and celebate

  • Thread starter Thread starter Billcreasy2
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason that two people who are unable to have intercourse cannot marry is that, by definition, they are not capable of becoming “one flesh”. Effectively they are living as roommates. I recognize that there are other types of intimacy besides intercourse, but the fact remains that they cannot become truly one flesh. This means they are incapable of having a marriage that has ANY procreative ability (a couple who are infertile due to a natural defect or advanced age are still able to be open to at least the possibility of new life, cf. Abraham and Sarah).
 
I believe you really mean “to enter into a consuummated marriage”.
Actually I meant “able to”. Perpetual impotence, the inability to complete the marital act, is an impediment to valid marriage.
 
Fair enough!
I likely read “be able to” as “be willing to” or simply overlooked its precision.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top