Marry a Muslim?

  • Thread starter Thread starter nida007
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nida007

Guest
I live in a country where 95% of the population is Muslim,it is difficult to find a catholic spouse in a place like Pakistan.
Supposedly,if i fall in love with a Muslim,will it be against the Church teachings? What about my children,and their faith because I want them to be Catholic… it is VERRY difficult to find catholics where I live and i need some advice where i can interact with Christians so that i can find my soul mate?

I need proper guidance.
 
You have a difficult situation. I would not advise anyone to marry outside of our faith. Especially to marry a Muslim.
 
I live in a country where 95% of the population is Muslim,it is difficult to find a catholic spouse in a place like Pakistan.
Supposedly,if i fall in love with a Muslim,will it be against the Church teachings? What about my children,and their faith because I want them to be Catholic… it is VERRY difficult to find catholics where I live and i need some advice where i can interact with Christians so that i can find my soul mate?

I need proper guidance.
It’s hard to find one in this place, let alone in a place where majority are Muslims; so I somewhat share your pain. But, I do know they’re out there. I remember a post regarding Catholic Match or AveMaria. But I can’t really give you further insight as I have no experience on online dating. Maybe that’ll help? Hopefully you get to find one within your area!

I will keep you in my prayers!
Also, don’t rush. It’s always through God’s time, and not ours. 🙂 👍
 
I live in a country where 95% of the population is Muslim,it is difficult to find a catholic spouse in a place like Pakistan.
Supposedly,if i fall in love with a Muslim,will it be against the Church teachings? What about my children,and their faith because I want them to be Catholic… it is VERRY difficult to find catholics where I live and i need some advice where i can interact with Christians so that i can find my soul mate?

I need proper guidance.
You will loose your children and your faith if you marry a Muslim. Leave the country if you can. I know its hard for you. Have you talked to your priest about this.? Can you go to another area and perhaps find a Catholic spouce? 👍
 
Do you know that you will always be living in Pakistan? Depending on your age and situation, new opportunities may present themselves. I know this isn’t great advice, but maybe just let time and circumstances unfold to a point where you have clarity. And I agree with other posters about praying to know God’s Will for you.
 
In my opinion it is a bit unpatriotic to advise someone to leave his country without a very serious reason. Of course there is nothing wrong with emigration, but it should remain the exception. We should work to develop (and evangelize) our countries.
 
No.

The Pakistan population is roughly 187, 000,000. 5% is about 9.3 million Catholics.
Go hang out where those Catholics hang out. Remember most of the other single Catholics are asking the same question.

God is larger than percentages and if you are called to marry He will provide the opportunity.

No relationship with a human is worth losing your relationship with Christ.
 
In my opinion it is a bit unpatriotic to advise someone to leave his country without a very serious reason. Of course there is nothing wrong with emigration, but it should remain the exception. We should work to develop (and evangelize) our countries.
👍
 
In my opinion it is a bit unpatriotic to advise someone to leave his country without a very serious reason. Of course there is nothing wrong with emigration, but it should remain the exception. We should work to develop (and evangelize) our countries.
I’ll go ahead and assume that this was directed at my post. I don’t have enough information. That is, are they living there because of a job posting or are they Pakistan nationals. In any case, I don’t think it’s unpatriotic to move to another country. Luckily, since the great continent of North America would be very sparsely populated.

I’m grateful to live in North America (born here) and I’m grateful for the contributions that recent immigrants bring.
 
In my opinion it is a bit unpatriotic to advise someone to leave his country without a very serious reason. Of course there is nothing wrong with emigration, but it should remain the exception. We should work to develop (and evangelize) our countries.
Are people even allowed to publicly “evangelize” Christianity in Pakistan? Wouldn’t that be against the blasphemy laws?
 
Are people even allowed to publicly “evangelize” Christianity in Pakistan? Wouldn’t that be against the blasphemy laws?
Perhaps the OP will give you the details about that, but I was not thinking specifically on “public” evangelization.
 
If you have access to the internet there are Catholic online dating services out there.I strongly suggest this. Marrying a muslim and trying to practice Christianity in such a hostile country to the faith could get you very dead,very fast
 
I live in a country where 95% of the population is Muslim,it is difficult to find a catholic spouse in a place like Pakistan.
Supposedly,if i fall in love with a Muslim,will it be against the Church teachings? What about my children,and their faith because I want them to be Catholic… it is VERRY difficult to find catholics where I live and i need some advice where i can interact with Christians so that i can find my soul mate?

I need proper guidance.
You are a female, yes?

Pakistani is essentially Indian. You have Catholics in India. And in India Catholicism is associated with the middle-class.

If you don’t mind learning Spanish or Portuguese I would recommend considering visitations to Venezuela, Colombia, or Brazil. You’ll deal with Latin culture of machismo among the typical males though. But as long as they are serious about their vows of marriage that generally will be expressed in them not tolerating you cheating on them. If you’re raped or disrespected by another man they will hunt him down to do bodily injury on him or kill him. But they won’t harm you.

Here is a little sneak peak into two cultures.

Colombia: youtube.com/watch?v=TKdCbrEQLSc

Kerala India has Catholics in it.

Kerala: youtube.com/watch?v=JclqCqCUXBU

From Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Kerala
Religions in Kerala are a mixture of different faiths, most significantly Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. Kerala has a reputation of being, communally one of the least sensitive states in India. According to the 2001 Census of India figures, 56% of Kerala residents are Hindus, 24% are Muslims, 19% are Christians, and the remaining follow other religions including Sikhism, Jainism, Buddhism, Judaism.[1] Various tribal people in Kerala have retained various religious beliefs of their ancestors.
 
While I certainly can’t vouch for it (not being Pakistani or Catholic myself), a short internet search led me to discover Pakistani Christian dating sites like Masihi Rishta, which can at least give you hope that there are Christian men in your area. Who knows…maybe God will bless you with a husband this way. 🙂
 
I live in a country where 95% of the population is Muslim,it is difficult to find a catholic spouse in a place like Pakistan.
Supposedly,if i fall in love with a Muslim,will it be against the Church teachings? What about my children,and their faith because I want them to be Catholic… it is VERRY difficult to find catholics where I live and i need some advice where i can interact with Christians so that i can find my soul mate?

I need proper guidance.
Please do not do it. Mixed-faith marriages do not come from God (and when God isn’t present, Satan most surely takes His place). Marriage is a holy sacrament that is designed to bring us closer to God and make us better Catholics… No sacrament would ever require that we compromise our faith or becoming accepting of untruths.

If God is calling you to marriage, then take comfort in the fact that, regardless of what the statistical probability is of finding a good Catholic woman, God has chosen a spouse for you and He will bring her into your life when you are least expecting it (and she will be someone who will help make you a better Catholic). The only thing that you have to do is focus on growing in personal holiness… God will take care of the rest.

God bless! 🙂
 
No.

The Pakistan population is roughly 187, 000,000. 5% is about 9.3 million Catholics.
Go hang out where those Catholics hang out. Remember most of the other single Catholics are asking the same question.

God is larger than percentages and if you are called to marry He will provide the opportunity.

No relationship with a human is worth losing your relationship with Christ.
👍
 
Please do not do it. Mixed-faith marriages do not come from God (and when God isn’t present, Satan most surely takes His place). Marriage is a holy sacrament that is designed to bring us closer to God and make us better Catholics… No sacrament would ever require that we compromise our faith or becoming accepting of untruths.

God bless! 🙂
Please note that this person is expressing their personal opinion, and NOT the teaching of the church. NOWHERE has the church ever said that interfaith marriages are “not from God”. While, of course, the church prefers for Catholics to marry Catholics, it is not a problem to marry outside of the faith as long as your spouse agrees to raise your children as Catholics.

Let me repeat, because I cannot stress this enough:

NOWHERE HAS THE CHURCH EVER SAID THAT MIXED FAITH MARRIAGES ARE "NOT FROM GOD“.
 
Please note that this person is expressing their personal opinion, and NOT the teaching of the church. NOWHERE has the church ever said that interfaith marriages are “not from God”. While, of course, the church prefers for Catholics to marry Catholics, it is not a problem to marry outside of the faith as long as your spouse agrees to raise your children as Catholics.

Let me repeat, because I cannot stress this enough:

NOWHERE HAS THE CHURCH EVER SAID THAT MIXED FAITH MARRIAGES ARE "NOT FROM GOD“.
First of all, I just want to say that after looking at my previous post I realize that my words could be seen as harsh if read by a person who is already in a mixed-faith marriage. My intentions were to illustrate the risks associated with such marriages to a person who was contemplating one, not to those who are already married in such a state. Heaven is most certainly not closed to people who happen to be married in mixed-faith marriages, but their salvation will be in spite of having entered into such a marriage not because of it.

I do, however, have to stand by my previous statement that while mixed-faith marriages are not intrinsically “sinful”, they do not come from God.

lxoa.wordpress.com/2010/09/01/a-catechism-on-vocations/
Q. Are mixed marriages vocations?
A. Not from God. Mixed marriages are suggested by “the world, the flesh and the devil,” the three great enemies of man’s salvation.

Who ever heard of a person entering mixed marriage because his conscience told him that God gave him avocation to that state, or because he was convinced that God chose for him that state in order that he might sanctify himself therein and avoid damnation?

Read again the story of Tobias, and the seven husbands of Sara, who were strangled to death by the devil because of the unworthiness of their motives. Those who enter mixed marriages evidently “shut out God from themselves and from their mind;” they do not follow a vocation from God; they exclude the will of God. How, then, can they be excepted from the class of persons of whom the Holy Ghost says: “Over them the devil hath power”?

The Church speaks very plainly on this subject, and teaches that mixed marriages are forbidden; and Christ said of the Church: “He that heareth you heareth Me; and he that despiseth you, despiseth Me.”

Q. Why, then, does the Church grant dispensations in this matter?
A. For the same reason that a prudent mother would prefer to see a wayward daughter do a bad thing than a worse thing. What parent would not prefer to see a child sick than dead? There is some hope for the life of a man hanging over a precipice and clinging even to a handful of grass, but there is no hope when his brains are dashed out on the rocks beneath.

When persons have fully made up their minds to enter mixed marriage, they are so blinded by their passions and preferences that, if the Church should not tolerate their step, many of them would marry out of the Church, and thus commit mortal sin, and in most cases incur excommunication.

The only difference, then, is this: There is at least a possible hope of salvation when mixed marriages are tolerated by the Church; whereas, if these persons should die in their rebellion against the Church, their damnation would be certain.

The Church, like a prudent mother, would prefer the less of these two evils.

Q. Are not conversions often brought about by mixed marriages?
A. Misplaced affections often make candidates for marriage think so, but this is not their chief reason for insisting on such marriages. Temptation, passion, and personal preference have more to do with them than the will of God. Conversions from the faith are more frequent in mixed marriages than conversions to the faith. God’s will is not their foundation, and yet, “unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.” God and the Church desire and teach Catholics to take no such risks.

Q. What do the Sacred Scriptures say of mixed marriages?
A. “Bear not the yoke with unbelievers. For what fellowship hath light with darkness, or what part hath the faithful with the unbeliever?” “Neither shalt thou make marriages with them. Thou shalt not give thy daughter to his son, nor take his daughter for thy son; for she will turn away thy son from following Me; and the wrath of the Lord will be kindled, and will quickly destroy thee.”

Mixed marriages are the fruitful source of numberless evils: the loss of faith to countless generations, immorality, attachment to the things of earth, and godless lives; and “as a man lives, so shall he die.”

**Q. What is the best remedy for these evils? **
A. To remove their cause. Parents, young folks, and even advanced school-children should be taught the evil of mixed marriages before their minds become warped by company-keeping, passion, and bad example.

Many pastors obtain excellent results by frequently instructing the children concerning mixed marriages and by teaching them the doctrine of the Church on this subject.
 
Please note that this person is expressing their personal opinion, and NOT the teaching of the church. NOWHERE has the church ever said that interfaith marriages are “not from God”. While, of course, the church prefers for Catholics to marry Catholics, it is not a problem to marry outside of the faith as long as your spouse agrees to raise your children as Catholics.

Let me repeat, because I cannot stress this enough:

NOWHERE HAS THE CHURCH EVER SAID THAT MIXED FAITH MARRIAGES ARE "NOT FROM GOD“.
Mixed marriages are forbidden by canon law but you can have a dispens. So it is forbidden with exceptions. forbitten = not good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top