K
Keverlast
Guest
whats your opinion about Christ saying its adultery in matthew 5:32 ? is it literal or…
So does that mean Catholic widows and widowers (or whatever the male is called) are not to remarry? Is this somewhere in scripture?If she has a living husband and has not had her previous marriage investigated and found null, it would be adultery. Marriage is for life.
If she has a living husband and has not had her previous marriage investigated and found null, it would be adultery. Marriage is for life.
No. Widows and widowers are free to marry. Scripture has many instances of people who married again after their first spouse died. Pious tradition even holds that St. Joseph may have been a widower.So does that mean Catholic widows and widowers (or whatever the male is called) are not to remarry? Is this somewhere in scripture?
I sure hope so. That’s something else I’ve always felt would be wrong.
lets say the 2 peoplw who’ve gotten married in the past were not meant for each other… can she not re-marry a man after theyve been divorced for over 2 decades. sometimes people jump into marriage too quick, they jump the gun soto speakIf she has a living husband and has not had her previous marriage investigated and found null, it would be adultery. Marriage is for life.
If a person believes he/she entered marriage without the proper maturity or level of understanding, he/she can ask the Church to look into it. For a marriage to be truly Sacramental both spouses must have a level of committment and maturity to properly enter the Sacrament. If it is found that that was lacking,the marriage will be found to be null - that is that it never really became a valid bond. If the Church finds that the first marriage was null, the spouse is free to marry again.lets say the 2 peoplw who’ve gotten married in the past were not meant for each other… can she not re-marry a man after theyve been divorced for over 2 decades. sometimes people jump into marriage too quick, they jump the gun soto speak
I don’t really think people are “made for each other.” You have the free will to marry who you want to marry. You then have a responsibility to make the relationship work with the person whom you chose to marry for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part… unless you get an annullment.lets say the 2 peoplw who’ve gotten married in the past were not meant for each other… can she not re-marry a man after theyve been divorced for over 2 decades. sometimes people jump into marriage too quick, they jump the gun soto speak
Marriage ends at the death of one of the spouses. The widow or widower is free to marry someone else.Psst… Corki… I don’t mean to be a bother but can you answer my previous question about whether or not widows or man-widows are allowed to remarry?
I did in post #5. Yes, they may re-marry.Psst… Corki… I don’t mean to be a bother but can you answer my previous question about whether or not widows or man-widows are allowed to remarry?
If your spouse is dead then you may remarry.So does that mean Catholic widows and widowers (or whatever the male is called) are not to remarry? Is this somewhere in scripture?
I sure hope so. That’s something else I’ve always felt would be wrong.
Oh whoops, sorry. Not sure how I missed that. My bad.I did in post #5. Yes, they may re-marry.
Actually Scripture tells them to remarry. To marry and have more children and manage their households. St Paul to St Timothy in 1 Timothy 5:14.So does that mean Catholic widows and widowers (or whatever the male is called) are not to remarry? Is this somewhere in scripture?
I sure hope so. That’s something else I’ve always felt would be wrong.
Don’t you hate those unfaithful spouse. Rats! Dying on us. Gotta stop them from doing that.Till Death Do Us Part. At death, the marriage has ended.
Why do you feel it would be wrong?So does that mean Catholic widows and widowers (or whatever the male is called) are not to remarry? Is this somewhere in scripture?
I sure hope so. That’s something else I’ve always felt would be wrong.
You are no longer divorced. You are widowed. The parish registration is asking about your marital state so they can minister to you in case you ever desire to remarry. You don’t currently have an impediment to marriage, as you would if you were divorced.I was filling out a parish registration application and I hesitated over divorce/widowed.
I was divorced, but my ex-husband died. Neither of us remarried.
Normally, I would put divorced, but since the Church doesn’t recognize civil divorce anyway, what is the proper answer?
If I select divorced, it would imply I’m still married. What do you guys think?
Thank you!You are no longer divorced. You are widowed. The parish registration is asking about your marital state so they can minister to you in case you ever desire to remarry. You don’t currently have an impediment to marriage, as you would if you were divorced.