Mary as Mediatrix?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Montie_Claunch
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You cannot know Mary and not know Christ at the same time. It’s impossible.
 
You cannot know Mary and not know Christ at the same time. It’s impossible.
Muslims and Mormans know of Mary and of Jesus. They will end up in perdition because they do not accept that salvation comes through Jesus and Jesus alone.
He is the one mediator 1tim2:5
He is the intercessor Heb7:25
He is our advocate 1john2:1
His is the only name by which we can be saved Acts4:12
Glory Be To God!
 
and Mother Mary is the Mother of Jesus. She knows Him more than I do; therefore, it is perfectly fine to come to Her and ask Her what I do not know about Jesus. She will surely answer. This does not mean she gives us the salvation.
 
This maternity of Mary in the order of grace began with the consent which she gave in faith at the Annunciation and which she sustained without wavering beneath the cross, and lasts until The eternal fulfillment of all the elect.
 
Any prayer to Mary takes glory away from the Father.
Mary has no special powers.
She cannot answer prayers.
She cannot heal anyone.
Calling Mary Queen of Heaven: check jer 44:17(about worshipping queen of heaven)
Mary was a blessed humble servant of the Lord.
She needed a savior.
She is not a queen.
nothing… I repeat NOTHING! Takes away from the Glory of God!!!

'nuff said.
 
So if I am saved by grace and grace alone,I have to rely on Mary to pass that grace on to me even though it comes from God? And if Mary was out of the picture or I didn’t pray to her or something, I couldn’t get saved?
The fact is Jesus’ death on the cross gave us all access to the Holy of Holies or direct access to God the Father Almighty. Praise God. We do not need Mary for anything
Honor thy Father and Mother… That’s all we’re saying.
 
When some people try to prove that Catholic is wrong, they bring out Virgin Mary to discuss and the more I read posts related to the Blessed Virgin Mary, the more I say “Woah, how much lower do people think of the Virgin Mary”.
 
Any prayer to Mary takes glory away from the Father.
Newbie, IF you change your attitude just a little…

Let me elaborate.

“Any prayer to Mary seems to take away from the glory of the Father” would make me think you are actually questioning what Catholics teach and believe.

Instead, your statements come across as condemnation. And since God is the one who judges, it seems like you are taking glory away from the Father. 😉
 
It was only through Mary that God the Father gave his only begotten Son to the world.

Jesus began his miracles by Mary - sanctifying John the Baptist in the womb, by Mary’s word. At the marriage of Cana, by Mary’s word. He continued miracles by Mary, and will continue them to the end of the ages by Mary.

Jesus in heaven is still the son of Mary. If Jesus Christ, the head of men, is born of Mary, then we the head are also born of her, by natural consequence.

He has retained the obedience and submisison of the most perfect child towards his mother.

Jesus never resists the prayers of his mother because she is perfectly humble and conforming to his will.

Just as in life, in supernatural there is a Father, God, and a mother, Mary. All true children of God have them as their father and mother. He who has not Mary for his mother has not God for his father.
  • a very brief summary of St. Louis de Montfort, in True Devotion of Mary. There is lots more. He gives quotes of very early Church Fathers saying Mary is necessary to our salvation.
One quote he makes that he says much better than I, but paraphrased: Do you really see yourself standing in front of Jesus Christ one day and saying you DON’T have a full love of his mother, and in fact you dismiss her role as anyone important in your life? What do you think he will say in return?
 
  • a very brief summary of St. Louis de Montfort, in True Devotion of Mary. There is lots more. He gives quotes of very early Church Fathers saying Mary is necessary to our salvation.
One quote he makes that he says much better than I, but paraphrased: Do you really see yourself standing in front of Jesus Christ one day and saying you DON’T have a full love of his mother, and in fact you dismiss her role as anyone important in your life? What do you think he will say in return?
He might say: “Who are my mother and (my) brothers?”
“Here are my mother and my brothers. (For) whoever does the will of God is my brother and sister and mother.” Mark 33:33-35
 
Just as in life, in supernatural there is a Father, God, and a mother, Mary. All true children of God have them as their father and mother. He who has not Mary for his mother has not God for his father.
  • a very brief summary of St. Louis de Montfort, in True Devotion of Mary. There is lots more. He gives quotes of very early Church Fathers saying Mary is necessary to our salvation.
One quote he makes that he says much better than I, but paraphrased: Do you really see yourself standing in front of Jesus Christ one day and saying you DON’T have a full love of his mother, and in fact you dismiss her role as anyone important in your life? What do you think he will say in return?

So Mary is now equal with God the Father?
The Almighty I Am shares his glory with a human woman?
 
When some people try to prove that Catholic is wrong, they bring out Virgin Mary to discuss and the more I read posts related to the Blessed Virgin Mary, the more I say “Woah, how much lower do people think of the Virgin Mary”.
My thoughts exactly.

I actually find these posts quite emotionally challenging
 
Newbie, IF you change your attitude just a little…

Let me elaborate.

“Any prayer to Mary seems to take away from the glory of the Father” would make me think you are actually questioning what Catholics teach and believe.

Instead, your statements come across as condemnation. And since God is the one who judges, it seems like you are taking glory away from the Father. 😉
 
nothing… I repeat NOTHING! Takes away from the Glory of God!!!

'nuff said.
I have heard people say things like “I said a prayer to ST Anthony and found my car keys.” or
“St Joseph helped me sell my house” or
“The Blessed Mother got me through my addiction”
My point is: none of the preceding people have any power to do anything.All power comes from God.All prayers are answered by God.
To God be the Glory!
God got the house sold!
God found the car keys!
God delivered the person from addiction!
Saying anything else takes away from His glory
 
I have heard people say things like “I said a prayer to ST Anthony and found my car keys.” or
“St Joseph helped me sell my house” or
“The Blessed Mother got me through my addiction”
My point is: none of the preceding people have any power to do anything.All power comes from God.All prayers are answered by God.
To God be the Glory!
God got the house sold!
God found the car keys!
God delivered the person from addiction!
Saying anything else takes away from His glory
Have you ever in your life time said “I did it”? 😃
 
I have heard people say things like “I said a prayer to ST Anthony and found my car keys.” or
“St Joseph helped me sell my house” or
“The Blessed Mother got me through my addiction”
My point is: none of the preceding people have any power to do anything.All power comes from God.All prayers are answered by God.
To God be the Glory!
God got the house sold!
God found the car keys!
God delivered the person from addiction!
Saying anything else takes away from His glory
That would possibly be a problem if we Catholics didn’t believe that the answer came from God in response to the saint’s intercession and didn’t know that the saints do nothing on their own. How silly of you to allege such a thing.

Is it your intention to just find fault anywhere that you can?
 
That would possibly be a problem if we Catholics didn’t believe that the answer came from God in response to the saint’s intercession and didn’t know that the saints do nothing on their own. How silly of you to allege such a thing.

Is it your intention to just find fault anywhere that you can?
I was a catholic for 23 years.
I was taught to pray to Mary.
I was taught to pray to Saints and kneel in front of statues of saints.
I carried a scapular for 10 years with the false teaching that it could somehow keep me out of hell.
I gave glory to saints, Mary, various statues, and other relics.
I was taught these things.
I look at my extended catholic family and still see them doing the same things.
I am not alleging anything that I didn’t previously take part in.
I’ve since learned that all glory belongs to God and Him alone.
I should have been taught that 40 years ago.
Maybe that’s the reason for the chip on my shoulder.
 
I have heard people say things like “I said a prayer to ST Anthony and found my car keys.” or
“St Joseph helped me sell my house” or
“The Blessed Mother got me through my addiction”
My point is: none of the preceding people have any power to do anything.All power comes from God.All prayers are answered by God.
To God be the Glory!
God got the house sold!
God found the car keys!
God delivered the person from addiction!
Amen, and God be praised. You’re preaching sound Catholic Doctrine there, my friend!

God helped find the car keys., sell the house, deliver up the addiction.

But, are you suggesting God heard my prayers of idolatry and answered them?!?!?! :confused:. That’s strange.

No, we are saying that God heard our prayers, combined with the intercessory prayers of various saints in heaven, who are part of the Body of Christ (the prayers of a righteous man are powerful indeed…) and helped out.
Saying anything else takes away from His glory
And I repeat, judging my actions sounds like your trying to take away from His glory.

Peace!
 
I was a catholic for 23 years.
I was taught to pray to Mary.
I was taught to pray to Saints and kneel in front of statues of saints.
I carried a scapular for 10 years with the false teaching that it could somehow keep me out of hell.
I gave glory to saints, Mary, various statues, and other relics.
I was taught these things.
I look at my extended catholic family and still see them doing the same things.
I am not alleging anything that I didn’t previously take part in.
I’ve since learned that all glory belongs to God and Him alone.
I should have been taught that 40 years ago
.
**Maybe that’s the reason for the chip on my shoulder.**And I was out of the faith for over 34 years…LINK.
I came back to the faith because I checked into the propaganda for myself and found it to be either lies, misunderstandings, or doctrinal errors. I still feel like I was deceived by well intentioned people with Bibles.

You were taught that 40 years ago… apparently you just weren’t paying attention.
Pax tecum.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top