Mary Magdalene is fed up

  • Thread starter Thread starter belovedandbless
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have confessed your sins. God has forgiven you. Don’t worry about the others, just live out your life, pray for guidance and get involved in some ministry where your healing will help others.

Your story of recovery will help others, but most of all it will help you. One of the most rewarding ministries I have become involved with is a Prison Ministry, where teams of Catholic volunteers provide a retreat setting for 3 days at a time. The healing and witnessing that goes on with the help of the Holy Spirit is impossible to describe.

Not suggesting that particular ministry, but don’t concentrate any longer on those that are judging, you won’t find your love from those, or any peace.

I know you probably don’t feel like this, but if you get the judgment stuff from them directly, then ask them why they do this, and CALL THEM OUT. Unless they are teenage high school girls from a movie, they will apologize, or at least stop bothering you, when they realize you have the strength of the Holy Spirit within you to show them how they should behave.

Praying for you. 👍
 
I am even more sick of the guys in church when I reveal my past and show them who I am now, instead of covering me with grace and prayer, use it as an excuse to say, hmmm, she has been loose before let me see how much I can get…And I am not talking about the people who attend just attend Mass occasionally either. i am talking about people who are music ministers, altar servers, people who are going to Mass and Adoration everyday and being held up as one of the few good men in Church…and in any given situation I have to be the one fending them off and saying no, I don’t want to do this, I don’t want to sin. In many cases, they keep coming and coming until I eventually am the one that weakens and we both fall. Where are the guys who will fight for a girl’s purity, whether or not she has had a past?
I think some of the lack of empathy in this thread comes from the highlighted portion of the OP.

While I totally understand the disappointment and disgust that belovedandbless would feel when men try to take advantage of her, seeing her as an “opportunity” because of her past, I don’t understand the highlighted portion.

If a man takes a woman on a date, and makes an unwelcome pass at her, why would she ever see him again? “They keep coming and coming” would indicate, at least to me, that one continues to be alone with the offending man. If he comes on too strong even once, it seems like one would never date him again. Actually, I would think that one would end the date right then and there.

Unless we are talking about a man forcing himself on a woman (which would be rape or sexual assault) in which case, I will shut up, because there’s no excuse for that ever.
 
I am reminded strongly of what my priest told me when I was concerned about a sin I committed. One a sin is confessed and absolved, it is forgiven AND forgotten. He told me that if I were to ask Jesus about the sin I had committed, Jesus would reply “What sin?” That is why on my prayer card for RCIA I asked for the following verse to be put on there:

I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more. (Isaiah 43:35).

I make it a point to do my very best (we all fall short sometimes, we are human) to keep that in mind when recalling the sins of others. If that fails, I say the Our Father and emphasize the part …As we forgive those who trespass against us.

Jesus would tell any one of us to go and sin no more, if we repented of our wrongs against Him… He would not then proceed to rub our past in our face (don’t forget Isaiah 43:25). It is done. It is a memory.

Belovedandblessed I say to you as would our Lord say to you “What sin?” 🙂

And leave you with the thought of a verse that helps me when I feel in need of aid

Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called… (1 Timothy 6:12)
 
There is always an ending to the story and I have found mine…About 2 months ago I met someone from church who I knew but never got close to. He is everything I hope and diesre and does not judge me depsite the fact that he is a virgin. His response is “If I judge you then, I am saying that Christ has no power” He knows it ALL about me and still cares for me anyway.

The relationship is a chaste one (with much hard work) of course and I pray for both of us that we stay the course each and everyday till marrriage. We have defintely both felt the hand of God at work in how we met and in the challenging circumstances that we are both supporting each other through. We have recently started to go to Adoration when we go out on night dates. (Durng the day, I may or may not see him at lunch breaks)

I can honestly say now that there is someone out there for everyone and I thank God for the stand-up mature Catholic man that I am in love with:)🙂
 
There is always an ending to the story and I have found mine…About 2 months ago I met someone from church who I knew but never got close to. He is everything I hope and diesre and does not judge me depsite the fact that he is a virgin. His response is “If I judge you then, I am saying that Christ has no power” He knows it ALL about me and still cares for me anyway.

The relationship is a chaste one (with much hard work) of course and I pray for both of us that we stay the course each and everyday till marrriage. We have defintely both felt the hand of God at work in how we met and in the challenging circumstances that we are both supporting each other through. We have recently started to go to Adoration when we go out on night dates. (Durng the day, I may or may not see him at lunch breaks)

I can honestly say now that there is someone out there for everyone and I thank God for the stand-up mature Catholic man that I am in love with:)🙂
That’s fabulous news. Congratulations!!! 🙂
 
belovedandblessed,

what i had written to you in february is still true today-- God’s happy blessings have made you believe it even more, no?
pray. thank God for your conversion, stay humble and grateful. you no longer have a past. in Him, your sins are as gone as east is from the west.
instead, you are a woman with a present-- the present grace of God’s love now. and you’re a woman with a future-- an eternity with God should you choose to remain in His love.
stay grateful stay prayerful. stay obedient. all will be well.
 
belovedandbless: I just came across this thread and wanted to send prayers and love to you. Keep strong. I was glad to see you have found someone and hope that this relationship is still going well.

God bless you.
Melissa
 
It’s none of their darn business what your past may have been. Nobody is perfect- and certainly not the men judging you. Maybe their sins weren’t of a sexual nauture, although I’m sure they sometimes were, but certainly they have sinned in other ways. The bottom line is that you don’t owe it to anybody to divulge information about your past. You may choose to once you’ve gotton to know someone very well and are sure tht you can trust them. But even then, simply letting them know that you have a sexual past, and that you have since repented, is enough information. Specifics beyond that are entirely unnecessary. You have confessed to God- this is what matters. You don’t need to open youself to the scrutiny and judgments of your fellow, flawed, people.
God Bless.
 
Yes. We are. He proposed to me last night. Praise God!
I had found this thread and been reading with disgust as you struggled to vent your feelings of shame and anger, and was going to tell you not to despair. But now this good news–Congratulations!! I am **so **happy for you! :extrahappy:

God wants everyone to have life “to the full.” Blessings on your time of engagement–I hope it’s even more filled with grace and blessing as you prepare for marriage!
 
Yes. We are. He proposed to me last night. Praise God!
Yay! Congratulations! I wish you two a wonderful life together!

As a woman with a past as well, I know how you feel. I’ve been a dating a wonderful Catholic man who accepts that. And it drives the uptight girls at my Bible study nuts that a Catholic man would date someone like me, and that they cannot get a date to save their lives. All those months of judging and mocking me is slapping them in the face. All those people who judged you will get theirs eventually. It is like that song “Wearing White” by Martina McBride.
 
I didn’t go through every post to see what has been said because there are so many LOL! I just want to say to the OP to have hope. I have been where you are in that I have a sexual past which comes also from wanting to feel loved but at the time, I thought sex was a way to get love. Now I know better and I have found a man who accepts me for who I am, knowing that I do have a somewhat sordid past.

You also don’t need to go into every detail because there is no point for him to know. All he needs to know is that yes, you have a past but you have changed. If he is a good man and God deems him the right one for you, he will accept you and thank God for your conversion.

I always like to say this to myself when I feel bad about my past, “When Satan shows you your past, show him his future.” Praise God for your conversion and don’t let immature boys (men wouldn’t treat you in such a way) let you feel bad for things you have done when you didn’t know salvation.

I’ll keep you in my prayers and if you would like to chat, PM me. I’ve been where you are and it’s always nice to talk to someone who understands where you’re coming from.

God bless and know that God is always with you and has a plan for your life!
 
There is always an ending to the story and I have found mine…About 2 months ago I met someone from church who I knew but never got close to. He is everything I hope and diesre and does not judge me depsite the fact that he is a virgin. His response is “If I judge you then, I am saying that Christ has no power” He knows it ALL about me and still cares for me anyway.

The relationship is a chaste one (with much hard work) of course and I pray for both of us that we stay the course each and everyday till marrriage. We have defintely both felt the hand of God at work in how we met and in the challenging circumstances that we are both supporting each other through. We have recently started to go to Adoration when we go out on night dates. (Durng the day, I may or may not see him at lunch breaks)

I can honestly say now that there is someone out there for everyone and I thank God for the stand-up mature Catholic man that I am in love with:)🙂
I just read you are engaged to this man! Awesome, congratulations!!! Its always wonderful to hear of a new Catholic family (thru marriage you will be a new family) starting up!!!
 
CountrySinger is just a very tongue and cheek kinda gal. you have to read her posts expecting to laugh.
Yes I am! Life is too short to be serious all the time. 😛
But the women at my bible study are really mean, I felt like I’m in a Catholic version of “Mean Girls” when I went there. :mad: It would be funny, because they would whine about how they couldn’t get a boyfriend, and then at the same time, insult everyone else. Hmmm… I wonder why no guy wants to date you. 🤷
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top