Mary, Save Me!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Linkowski
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
No…that is not why I am starting it. I would first like to know if this is the case (that the Pope indeed said this) and would also like to touch on why Mary is looked to as a refuge among many other things that contradict scripture. This also contradicts the usual answer that I get from Cathoics; that she is simply a prayer partner.
I am so convinced. 😃 😉
 
Where is the veneration of Mary in the book of Revelation? The Lamb is the only one worthy.

Luke 11:27-28 KJV 27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. 28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
And who has heard and kept the word of God better than Mary, the ‘blessed among all women’, I’d like to know? She kept the Word of God within her very womb!

She didn’t deny him, betray him or run away unlike all the other disciples except Mary Magdalene and St John. So he’s not at all being dismissive of her with this statement, he’s saying that her (exemplary) obedience is a greater cause for honouring her than her physical relationship to him.

And since you’re so keen on scripture, where does it say that the Lamb is the ONLY one worthy of respect? I agree that God alone is worthy of worship, that doesn’t mean no-one else is worthy of a high degree of respect.

If I read correctly there is a wedding of some sort in Revelation isn’t there? And isn’t the bride spotlessly pure, made so by Christ himself? So doesn’t the Bride of the Lamb come in for her fair share of honour on this account, like any bride, like any spotlessly pure person should?
 
I couldn’t believe this thread is still being discussed. If all you want is to attack the Catholic, please pick a better topic. For once, you don’t know the heart of JPII. Based on whatever he said, you make a case out of it.

Judging others without knowing much about it, you will be judged.
How about we try to get him to empathize without having him sympathize? If he really wants to know, we should help him understand.

I see in your profile, Mr. Linkowski, that you are a Fudimentalist Baptist. I can understand yourdistaste for Catholic practice concerning Mary.

How about you try to understand the theology behind it? I’m not saying that you should agree with it. Just obtain a different perspective.

Waddaya say? Want to give it a shot?

Subrosa
 
This sounds very similar to many prayers in scripture to the members of the Trinity…only with Mary substituted. This is, unfortunately, idolatry.
Idolatry is the worship of a creature or an inatimate as God. No Catholic believes that Mary is the Creator or that she “saves them” (anywhere flowery language like this is used, it’s always pointing to Jesus because she is the Mother of God) therefore, no Catholic can be an idolater for praying to Mary.

Many prayers in Scripture to the Trinity? The only prayer in the New Testament that I know of is the Our Father.

If we want to follow just Scripture alone, then shouldn’t we only pray the Our Father since it is the only prayer found in the New Testament?
 
I’m afraid Linkowski is simply trolling. He’s not responding to our responses, and simply goes off and points to another thing to bait us with and isn’t interested in a true dialogue.

Mat 7:6
Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine; lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.
 
Since the topic is “Did the Pope say this?” and no one can answer that.

This thread is now closed.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top