Mass Confusion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Magnavox
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst thing that I observe in Mass lately are all of the empty seats. I wish that there were people knocking themselves over. I guess that it’s all on how we view things… teachccd
I firmly believe that the reason those empty seats are there in the first place is due to all of the liberal garbage thats been allowed to go on. People see nothing different in a Catholic Church than they see elsewhere. It’s seems the reverence and sanctity of the house of the Lord has been abandoned and taken over by modernism.

😦
 
Our Church is packed. In fact we have expanded twice in the last 15 years due to lack of seating. In looking at the initial list of complaints, I see nothing associated with modernism.
 
The worst thing that I observe in Mass lately are all of the empty seats. I wish that there were people knocking themselves over. I guess that it’s all on how we view things… teachccd
Have you actually ever been knocked down during the Our Father or any of the responses?
I admit discontinuing or consolidating Masses or seeing the increasing number of ex-Catholics is a bit depressing but the other extreme (packed to the rafters) isn’t the solution for everyone either. There is a point where it becomes very difficult to tolerate trying to follow along with the readings as latecomers start positioning themselves for aisle seats, ushers keep telling everyone to move over, people in front force you to keep moving your head to follow a sermon or what the priest is doing, or while they knock themselves over your knees or legs (happens all the time to me) as they attempt to rush to communion. I don’t have an answer for this except to step out of the pews and stand in back or something. There is no rule as far as I know which prohibits this as you’re still in church.
 
I get easily distracted so sit in the front a lot. I don’t know the history of the hand holding & peace during the Eucharistic liturgy, but approach these things with humility & it is ok. I have started participating in the rosary prior to Mass & kneel through the whole thing with my eyes closed. Listening with my eyes closed helps me to be present too. 🙂
 
After watching EWTN’s series on the persecuted Church, I tell myself how blessed I am to be able to go to Mass and receive the Eucharist without fear of being arrested/ persecuted/ killed for being a Christian and trying to gather to worship the Lord. I am thoroughly amazed at the number of Christians undergoing persecution in the world, and the number of unrecognized martyrs there are today. There truly is a suffering Church today.

Although I don’t like grave abuses any more than anyone else (my parish is pretty much by the book), it kind of puts a different perspective on things and makes it more tolerable if I do happen to attend Masses that are less than by the book. I know that the authorities are not going to be waiting for me when I walk out the door, and I don’t have to fear a raid by the government while I am worshipping, and I can receive Jesus every day in the Eucharist if I choose.

And I pray that it doesn’t happen here.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top