T
Truth_Faith13
Guest
Matthew 1:25 states the following:
“But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus.”
Now initially I was led to believe that catholics have a different view of “until” however when on another thread a poster stated he was a Virgin until he met his girlfriend, a catholic poster automatically assumed that he was no longer a virgin.
Since I had always thought “until” expressed a change in condition, circumstance or bringing an end to what was stated before it, I would have agreed but then as stated above Matthew 1:25 also states the same about Mary so Mary could not have been a virgin AFTER the birth of Jesus.
What this shows is that “until” is understood by catholics to mean an end of a circumstance but then is changed when reading the Bible.
“But he did not have sexual relations with her until her son was born. And Joseph named him Jesus.”
Now initially I was led to believe that catholics have a different view of “until” however when on another thread a poster stated he was a Virgin until he met his girlfriend, a catholic poster automatically assumed that he was no longer a virgin.
Since I had always thought “until” expressed a change in condition, circumstance or bringing an end to what was stated before it, I would have agreed but then as stated above Matthew 1:25 also states the same about Mary so Mary could not have been a virgin AFTER the birth of Jesus.
What this shows is that “until” is understood by catholics to mean an end of a circumstance but then is changed when reading the Bible.