S
ScrupulousMonk
Guest
Hello all. If I am not mistaken, the Catechism states that “God allows evil in the world so that he can do good” or something along those lines. It could very well be my lack of religious education, but I feel that this justifies doing evil in the name of good. I guess it could be true that good can not exist without evil. But, from meditating on some of the teachings of the Catholic Faith, I found that good can exist without evil and it is evil that can not exist without good. After all, crime only exists because there are laws to break.
Please, educate me. Does God really allow evil in this world so it can give Him and all human beings the chance to do good? If so, does this not justify doing evil in the name of good? Am I just really inept at understanding all of this? I would appreciate it if someone were to clarify this for me. I thank you all in advance.
Please, educate me. Does God really allow evil in this world so it can give Him and all human beings the chance to do good? If so, does this not justify doing evil in the name of good? Am I just really inept at understanding all of this? I would appreciate it if someone were to clarify this for me. I thank you all in advance.