McCain Wants to Run

  • Thread starter Thread starter HagiaSophia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

HagiaSophia

Guest
Sen. John McCain says he “absolutely” wants to be president – but hasn’t yet decided if he’ll run in 2008…

"… Asked point-blank if he wants to be president, McCain answered: “Absolutely. I think every member of the Senate wants to be president.”

McCain said he wants to gain the White House “because I think I’m qualified to help make the world a better place.”

As president, McCain said, his foreign policy would greatly mirror President Bush’s: “I believe we have a unique opportunity, particularly now, to spread democracy and freedom throughout the world.”

He continued that domestically, “one thing is to expand opportunities for national service – the Peace Corps and AmeriCorps, neighborhood and community organizations. You see, I think after 9/11 we had a golden opportunity to call all Americans to serve the country – not just to tell them to take a trip and go shopping. And I think they would have responded. I think they will still respond.”…"

newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/6/1/143902.shtml
 
In the GOP primaries McCain would win the Democrat vote in a landslide and maybe get 25% of the Republican vote.
 
40.png
David_Paul:
In the GOP primaries McCain would win the Democrat vote in a landslide and maybe get 25% of the Republican vote.
For sure. I used to like him for being somewhat independent thinking, but now I think he’s more of a grandstander. It makes him a darling with the press, but I can’t imagine his getting the nomination from either party.

Was it McCain or Buchanen who tried to take over the convention for one of those “little” parties last time around?

Alan
 
40.png
David_Paul:
In the GOP primaries McCain would win the Democrat vote in a landslide and maybe get 25% of the Republican vote.
I say let him run right on by…

Perhaps he can be Hilarys running mate :eek: :eek:
 
40.png
aimee:
I say let him run right on by…

Perhaps he can be Hilarys running mate :eek: :eek:
OMG! Nightmare scenario! They might actually win! Together they must have 90% of the mass media in their court.

Alan
 
Ugh! McCain?! Why doesn’t he just sign up for the military and captured again and leave politics to the true conservatives!

I think a better idea would be to get the constitution changed so that we can keep Bush indefinitely.
 
40.png
PiusXIII:
Ugh! McCain?! Why doesn’t he just sign up for the military and captured again and leave politics to the true conservatives!
Your remark is disgusting. How can you so blithely insult a heroic man who has, with other Americans, suffered almost unspeakably for years in North Vietnamese prisons.

And your remark is doubly disgusting because you suggest that he get captured again and suffer what he did anew.

Why don’t you suggest that our soldiers serving in Iraq get some “quality” prison and torture time from the Insurgents?
 
40.png
PiusXIII:
Ugh! McCain?! Why doesn’t he just sign up for the military and captured again and leave politics to the true conservatives!

I think a better idea would be to get the constitution changed so that we can keep Bush indefinitely.
not funny :mad:
 
McCain is scary. I do not think he is stable. I think he’s done much damage to the Republican party.
 
40.png
Brad:
McCain is scary. I do not think he is stable. I think he’s done much damage to the Republican party.
Personally, McCain is not so scary when you consider other Republicans such as Mike Dewine (who’s son is now running for congress and is a BIG scumbag!) or the baby crying George Voinovich!
 
Personally, I agree with most posters in that I do not think McCain would make a good president. On the Catholic side, although he is anti-abortion, is is for embryonic stem cell research. For this reason, I could not vote for him (considering everything else is the same regarding the 5 non-negotiable issues) and consider myself a Catholic!
 
40.png
CinciMom:
Personally, McCain is not so scary when you consider other Republicans such as Mike Dewine (who’s son is now running for congress and is a BIG scumbag!) or the baby crying George Voinovich!
What IS with Ohio Republicans???
 
40.png
CinciMom:
Personally, McCain is not so scary when you consider other Republicans such as Mike Dewine (who’s son is now running for congress and is a BIG scumbag!) or the baby crying George Voinovich!
Actually, that is what McCain scary. If he were obviously bad or wacky, he wouldn’t be elected. Deceipt is the danger. The master of deceipt was Hitler (not that McCain is ANY comparison at all - just citing an example of deceipt) as he appeared to be something that he wasn’t so that he convinced almost an entire country of his goodness, yet he was so so bad.

Clinton is dangerous for the same reasons.

I don’t think McCain is a bad person. I just think he has some crazy ideas that are not grounded in good reason and he needs a stronger faith component to his life.
 
If he is the most prolife candidate on the ticket, then I would vote for him. He could beat Hillary. Not many can.
 
I think McCain could definitely win the general election, notwithstanding the fact that he’s very hawkish on defense, and has a reputation as a hot-head. However, I’ll eat my hat if he manages to win the Republican nomination. It simply isn’t going to happen.
 
40.png
jlw:
What IS with Ohio Republicans???
It is something in the water stemming from Lake Erie right down to the Ohio River. We have Governor Tax, oh I mean Taft, Senator DeWine who is considered the most powerful man in the Senate and threatens talk radio hosts, then you have the pacifier sucking, crying George Voinovich.

Don’t even get me started on our Republican State house and Senate… grrrr:banghead:
 
40.png
Digitonomy:
However, I’ll eat my hat if he manages to win the Republican nomination. It simply isn’t going to happen.
I would like to say I agree, but my gut feeling is that there was some negoitating in last year’s presidential election with the RNC so McCain can campaign for Bush. If the RNC does not give McCain the nom, this hot headed figure could pull a Perot and run under a third party that will give Hillary the votes next election.
 
40.png
CinciMom:
I would like to say I agree, but… If the RNC does not give McCain the nom, this hot headed figure could pull a Perot and run under a third party that will give Hillary the votes next election.
In this case as I said he wouldn’t win the nomination, and I really don’t see how he could run an effective campaign without party money and organization. Perot was able to do well because he could spend his own personal wealth - not an option for McCain. I don’t think he’s stupid enough to go down that route. Say what you want about him, he’s very much a pragmatist - that’s why he’s always cutting deals on legislation, and reaching compromises with opponents.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top