B
brasilboy75
Guest
Are men’s magazines sinful?
Do you mean:Are men’s magazines sinful?
That depends what you mean by “men’s” magazines. If you mean things like “Family Handyman” or “Popular mechanic”, then no, that is not sinful.Are men’s magazines sinful?
What makes you think only men read this? LOLGuns and Ammo!
The moment a Christian man looks at the cover of any magazine, he knows the answer to that question. It’s just a matter of being honest with oneself.Are men’s magazines sinful?
I have found this to be true as well. In college, I wrote a research paper on the negative impact on those who participate in pornographic films (both men and women). I used completely secular, non-religious sources, but it was quite apparent that many of the people in that industry are living quite sad lives. We should definitely pray for them.In other forum I have talked to women who are in the pornography business and what to leave (including a pair of Brazilians) and yes the money can be good but the effect on those women lives and minds is terrible. There is not only a sexual sin problem but also in my opinion a sexual justice problem. Grab women who oftem are poor and oftem come from trauma or disavantages and ask them to do things that they consider humilliating in private for money.
None are happy. Some are even suicidal.
I’m sorry, but as a man who used to be into Maxim, and other magazines like it, including Stuff, FHM, and yes, I put Men’s Health in this category sometimes - there is nothing useful or interesting to be learned there about relationships, or dealing with significant others. The use of the notion of ‘significant other’ - in the context of articles that are almost always either explicitly about sex, or implying that sex is a part of the relationship - betrays the fundamentally wrongheadedness of all of it. Those magazine’s ‘relationship advice,’ and I know you know this to be true, is 70% about getting her in bed, 20% about getting her to be ‘more adventurous’ in bed, and maybe 10% about ‘making her feel appreciated,’ or something, basically for the purposes of getting her in bed again. It is dangerous to have any illusions about the mindset of the writers and editors, and their objectives and means used to get you to buy the magazine. They sell sex. Maxim is awful. Men’s Health can be just as bad - they sell ‘7 things you need to learn to do in bed’ in just about every issue.How about Maxim?
I used to read Maxim because it had a variety of topics and humor. If you are open minded, there are also articles about relationships and dealing with significant others. However, not being a single 20 something male, it is not as interesting. I do like Popular Mechanics, Popular Science, Aviation Week, National Geographic, Motor Trend, Sports Afield, Guns and Ammo, etc. I just can’t afford to get 20 magazines sent to my door. It would be great if someone came up with a good variety magazine that was not raunchy and not preachy.
Ah. Didn’t mean to assume anything, sorry if I did. Frankly, that’s something I’d be interested to find out too.Actually I was posting because I no longer find that magazine interesting and was fishing for ideas for other magazines for men that are not single topic magazines.