F
FullOfThought
Guest
Sorry this is long -
One of my best friends lives in the city about an hour away from us, and since I got married and moved away we have seen each other a lot less but still always found time to talk a few times a month and meet occassionally.
Over the last 2 months I have not heard from her AT ALL. I have tried emailing, texting, calling… the 2weeks ago her phone was disconnected, so I tried calling and texting her sisters and have got no answer from them. The strange thing is that I know they were on the same same family plan although they don’t live together and so it seems unusal that they would have changed just her number, and that she wouldn’t check her email!
The reason I am so concerned is because she is from a strict muslim arab family, who arrange their childrens marriages and speak down of “white americans” continously. The only reason I was allowed to be friends with my friend is because I am Catholic (which to her family is next best to being muslim) and I’m not an American.
Well, my friend has been living a double life for quite a while. She recently broke up with her white American boyfriend who she was living with as he wanted to marry her, and she confided in me that she feared that if her parents found out about this relationship they would ship her back to where they came from, and she has strict uncles who would literally kill her.
I know this seems bizarre, but every word is true. Rough life for a 24year old to be living!
I managed to track down her parents home phone number, do I call them and ask for her? What if something happened and she’s sick? What if they refuse to let me speak to her? What if they say they will and I never hear from her? I am literally afraid of her father!
This is so out of character and I am extremely concerned.
One of my best friends lives in the city about an hour away from us, and since I got married and moved away we have seen each other a lot less but still always found time to talk a few times a month and meet occassionally.
Over the last 2 months I have not heard from her AT ALL. I have tried emailing, texting, calling… the 2weeks ago her phone was disconnected, so I tried calling and texting her sisters and have got no answer from them. The strange thing is that I know they were on the same same family plan although they don’t live together and so it seems unusal that they would have changed just her number, and that she wouldn’t check her email!
The reason I am so concerned is because she is from a strict muslim arab family, who arrange their childrens marriages and speak down of “white americans” continously. The only reason I was allowed to be friends with my friend is because I am Catholic (which to her family is next best to being muslim) and I’m not an American.
Well, my friend has been living a double life for quite a while. She recently broke up with her white American boyfriend who she was living with as he wanted to marry her, and she confided in me that she feared that if her parents found out about this relationship they would ship her back to where they came from, and she has strict uncles who would literally kill her.
I know this seems bizarre, but every word is true. Rough life for a 24year old to be living!
I managed to track down her parents home phone number, do I call them and ask for her? What if something happened and she’s sick? What if they refuse to let me speak to her? What if they say they will and I never hear from her? I am literally afraid of her father!
This is so out of character and I am extremely concerned.