Moral Red Flags in Eucharistic Ministry

  • Thread starter Thread starter FossilResin
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
How would one be judging if the person himself said they were in a state of mortal sin?
The person judging himself might not really believe it, or if he believes it, he could be wrong.

Sorry, this may (or may not?) be drifting from the original topic.

But seriously, the only conclusions I would draw with any certainty is that the person said it was so. I can’t be sure that he believes what he said, or that it is really true.

If I were in a position to do something about it (e.g., to advise or not advise, give or not give), then I would do whatever I was supposed to do when someone says that. No judgment, no assumptions, just follow the instructions.
 
Last edited:
The person judging himself might not really believe it, or if he believes it, he could be wrong.
Well, it just seems to me it is up to the person who is I’ll to determine if he should receive or not, just as in mass. If I was the EMHC, and someone said to me, “I can’t receive”, I would certainly not try to talk them into doing so, but would respect their decision.

I just don’t understand the controversy.
 
One day one person in a group ask sthe same question to a priest.

He answers us that as a lay person, an extraordinary eucharistic minister cannot and should not take the initiative to withdraw the communion from someone who apply for even if they know the “state” of this person. This should only be done by the pastor.

Should this person should report it to the pastor? I am not sure.

That being said, I don’t buy the argument of your priest that anybody can take the communion because Jesus would have done it. It is his opinion, but not seems the current Church’s rules.

A second opinion of another priest, or of the hierarchie, may be welcome before you take the decision that you feel the most confortable for you: accepting or not the ministry.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top