T
Terry_1
Guest
What is the morality of Catholics using their home as an Air B&B? My husband would like to do this, but I would appreciate some advice.
Don’t think that would work either. There are a lot of Catholics who don’t submit to the Church’s authority. For example, Andrew Cuomo.Or you could put up a sign saying ‘Catholic Only’.
Good point. I think Terry should give it a miss.Wozza:![]()
Don’t think that would work either. There are a lot of Catholics who don’t submit to the Church’s authority. For example, Andrew Cuomo.Or you could put up a sign saying ‘Catholic Only’.
Which wouldn’t necessarily keep you clear ofOr you could put up a sign saying ‘Catholic Only’.
You will have people staying at your property who have been divorced, who use contraception, have sex without being open to conception, who drink too much, have sex outside marriage, who may be gay, who support ssm, who may have had an abortion…
It is not part of your business to know the personal actions of your clients, nor is it morally required of you to find it out. THerefore, unless it is blatantly told to you that they will be carrying on with a sinful action with the use of your bed, then you do not have any culpability. If it is blatantly expressed to you, then I think you do have a moral responsibility not to aid in the sin by providing them with a bed. And you have every right to express and practice your personal beliefs, so be prepared for this. I think it might be good to have a priest bless the space and put a crucifix in the house or room, and perhaps an image of Mary somewhere.Thank you Rhubarb. My concern is we have no control over who will be using the house, and it will be used by unmarried couples etc.
This is not an exorcism. The person wants to rent a room for heaven’s sake. Really, what is the problem?I think it might be good to have a priest bless the space and put a crucifix in the house or room, and perhaps an image of Mary somewhere.
My goodness! Blessing a room is a simple practice that does no harm to the people that use the room, let’s not go overboard, here! I don’t understand if I had a problem? Did you read the beginning of my post?This is not an exorcism. The person wants to rent a room for heaven’s sake. Really, what is the problem?
Why do you believe this is a moral issue at all?What is the morality of Catholics using their home as an Air B&B? My husband would like to do this, but I would appreciate some advice.
If you don’t want people committing sexual sins in your house, then don’t run an AirBnB. Now, if this is a house you really don’t live in (except a few weeks a year) and it’s more of an investment property, then I don’t really think you are guilty when people use a room to commit sin.Thank you Rhubarb. My concern is we have no control over who will be using the house, and it will be used by unmarried couples etc.
I like this!I think it might be good to have a priest bless the space and put a crucifix in the house or room, and perhaps an image of Mary somewhere.
I’m actually wondering if there is much Airbnb can do about this.My only ethical beef with AirBnB is when it drives up housing costs due to people buying property
I’m absolutely positive that this would go against Airbnb’s terms.Or you could put up a sign saying ‘Catholic Only’.