Morality of running an Air b&b

  • Thread starter Thread starter Terry_1
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Name one publicly traded company that doesn’t breech some Catholic tenant? Using your logic, you couldn’t own stock or buy or sell anything with almost anyone in this world…
 
I’ve read enough of this person’s posts to recognize that as playful sarcasm.

At least I hope I’m right.
I was pretty sure it was playful. What I wasn’t sure of is if someone would take it seriously and actually go forward with it.
 
Our Lord talked a lot more about caring for the poor than sexual sin. In Matthew 25, the reason the Lord cites for damnation is neglecting the poor and needy. So what if the Air BnB rents to a couple who disdain the poor? The list could go on and on…
 
I don’t think she was suggesting that they do this on mainstream advertising platforms. If she was doing it for Catholic only there’s no problem with that but I imagine it’d be more a “word of mouth” kind of thing.
When my parents ran their boarding house, they mostly advertied on church notice boards and such and so the tenants were mostly catholic. But they didn’t make that a rule and some others came by word of mouth.
 
Make sure you have appropriate paperwork filed with your municipality. In some places, local ordinances require you to collect a hotel tax, etc.
I suppose this advice is only tangentially related to morals, unless you’re intentionally skirting the law. Which I doubt very much. 😀
 
Maybe just advertise in Catholic publications/Catholic websites. It’s more than likely that you will have to meet clients and if you’re uncomfortable they will probably pick up on it. Save the hassle for everyone and give up the idea totally if it’s going to cause problems further down the line.
 
Here’s a question for @Terry_1: If I wanted to stay a couple of nights, what would be your response?
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top