?
Isn’t autocorrect fun?
Dominus vobiscum

Last edited:
40.png
BT3241:
Nicotine is one of the most addictive substances
I’ll second that motion.

When I was in college in the early 1980s smokeless tobacco (“Chew”) was being promoted as a safe alternative to smoking. I ended up getting hooked on it; I read once that the nicotine enters the bloodstream far quicker and in stronger amounts when you chew tobacco as opposed to smoking a cigarette. After a meal? Time for a dip. Having a beer with buddies? Time for a dip. Studying? Time for a dip. First thing in the morning? Time for a dip. Just before bed at night? Time for a dip.

After chewing Skoal (or whatever cheap brand I could find) for about five years I finally quit. I put on 30+ pounds in a little over three months - I was eating ALL THE TIME. It was the only way I could quit.

That was nearly 35 years ago and I still crave nicotine.
Chewing tobacco is notorious for causing throat cancer. You are very fortunate to not have contracted that – or did you?

Its always dumb to smoke . Its always destructive for the smoker and sends out molecules of destructive particles into the air. We are called by God to respect the body we have been given and to always be at attention, joyfully , gratefully for being born into a miraculous human body.

Chewing tobacco is notorious for causing throat cancer. You are very fortunate to not have contracted that – or did you?
Happily, no cancer. But the link between smokeless tobacco and oral cancer was certainly part of my decision making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back