D
David_Paul
Guest
WTVD/ABC
By Mike Dunston
05/30/05
A Raleigh mother is accused of protesting her daughter’s problems at school by mooning the school’s vice-principal.
It’s easy to see the injuries on Dona Osakwe’s face. The 15-year-old says they are from one of two fights at Raleigh’s Millbrook High School.
“I wanted to press charges on the girl,” Osakwe said. “In order for me to press charges on them, they would have to press charges on me, too. I was jumped by two girls and hit in the face, assaulted with an umbrella.”
After her daughter’s first fight, Donna Thomas says she wanted her daughter’s alleged attackers arrested, calling the high school repeatedly and asking questions.
“‘When are you going to press charges?’” Thomas said. “I wasn’t cussing. I wasn’t communicating threats. I talk very strong, anyway. I’m like, ‘When are you going to do your job? Call me back, call me back.’ They said I was calling too much.”
Police arrested Thomas, charging her with making harassing telephone calls. After another fight at school, she says she couldn’t get into a Wake County school board meeting with her protest signs, so Thomas stood across the street.
One of the assistant principals rode by, and police say Thomas cursed at the administrator, lifted her dress and exposed her bare backside.
Thomas says she didn’t do it.
“If I would expose myself, why wouldn’t he call police then, if it’s such a big commotion?” she said. “He went back to the school the next day, and Officer Keller wrote out the warrant.”
Thomas was arrested again on charges including indecent exposure. She’s working on getting a lawyer and trying to get the ACLU involved.
By Mike Dunston
05/30/05
A Raleigh mother is accused of protesting her daughter’s problems at school by mooning the school’s vice-principal.
It’s easy to see the injuries on Dona Osakwe’s face. The 15-year-old says they are from one of two fights at Raleigh’s Millbrook High School.
“I wanted to press charges on the girl,” Osakwe said. “In order for me to press charges on them, they would have to press charges on me, too. I was jumped by two girls and hit in the face, assaulted with an umbrella.”
After her daughter’s first fight, Donna Thomas says she wanted her daughter’s alleged attackers arrested, calling the high school repeatedly and asking questions.
“‘When are you going to press charges?’” Thomas said. “I wasn’t cussing. I wasn’t communicating threats. I talk very strong, anyway. I’m like, ‘When are you going to do your job? Call me back, call me back.’ They said I was calling too much.”
Police arrested Thomas, charging her with making harassing telephone calls. After another fight at school, she says she couldn’t get into a Wake County school board meeting with her protest signs, so Thomas stood across the street.
One of the assistant principals rode by, and police say Thomas cursed at the administrator, lifted her dress and exposed her bare backside.
Thomas says she didn’t do it.
“If I would expose myself, why wouldn’t he call police then, if it’s such a big commotion?” she said. “He went back to the school the next day, and Officer Keller wrote out the warrant.”
Thomas was arrested again on charges including indecent exposure. She’s working on getting a lawyer and trying to get the ACLU involved.