Mounting poisonings, blindness, deaths as toxic hand sanitizers flood market

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most ordinary people can order legit non-methanol sanitizer from PPE suppliers online for the last several months now. I found one through Facebook adverts in May, and ordered myself a batch. I also provided the link to a bunch of my friends who did the same.

I think the bigger problem here lies with the store chains who stocked this stuff without reading the labels and with the US import police who failed to catch all these shipments of methanol sanitizer at the border. It’s my understanding that the ingredient lists do say “methanol” or some similar wording.
 
There is likely a good amount of oversight from federal agencies. I’m not entirely sure about cosmetics, sanitizers and how they are regulated. When i worked in the food industry though, fed regulations are likely similar for cosmetics. The government has SOPs on testing and customer assurance of products made. Each step along the line of a food product, from manufacturing to the store shelf, is to be tested and documented for quality assurance. From time to time federal regulators are to come in and inspect operations along with paper work done assuring quality and safety of manufacturing.

In this case somewhere along these lines company were irresponsible, which led to health damages to customers. I’m sure they will be penalized by the feds from manufacturers to who ever sold the products. Of course bad reputation of selling unsafe harmful products can lead to customers no longer buying a stores products.
 
??? Everything I see from them emphasizes thorough handwashing as the first choice, with sanitizer for when that’s not possible.
They do mention washing hands a lot but not the reason why hand washing is preferred, which was what I was trying to get at. Without that key bit of information, people still think the virus is simply being rinsed off rather soap literally destroying the viral membrane in about 20 seconds. A lot of people want the virus “dead” not just rinsed off. It’s still very hard to find hand sanitizers (at least where I live) because too many people keep buying them because most people assume sanitizers are better at “killing” the virus than soap.
Not only that, I find all the gloves being used is excessive considering how vulnerable the virus is to soap.
 
Last edited:
Soap and hot water – been around for centuries and very effective. Used long before hand sanitizers came into existence. In fact, soap and hot water WERE hand sanitizers, and very good ones.

Somebody is making a lot of money off of this virus. Hand sanitizers are fine when there isn’t any soap and hot water available, but to rely on them as much as we do is questionable.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top