MOVIES: Religulous - Bill Maher

  • Thread starter Thread starter I_thirst_4_YOU
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
With all due respect…
That’s baloney. Jesus is not a weak “anything goes” liberal-like wimp. He’s the King of the Universe and wants to save sinners from hell. FYI (if you are Catholic) we on earth are known as the Church militant. I hope you’re not so brainwashed by the Left that you cannot comprehend the idea that sometimes war (figuratively or not) is justified and necessary. If you indeed believe the Left, perhaps it would be wise to get off the computer and study past history where wars were fought to save the rights of others. I’m sick of the nonsense spewed by the Left whose leaders clearly want us to surrender all our rights and property and bow to them as little’gods.’ They’ll take over your life in a heartbeat and you’ll wonder why you didn’t see it coming. So much like Hitler it’s scary. And the media will just keep on inventing polls to sway uncertain voters to the Left. If Obama gets elected and you slowly lose rights, tand our enemies are all over our backyards, don’t say you weren’t warned. Obama can “talk” to the terrorists much like your ‘tea’ idea, but it’ll only set our country up as a sitting duck. Forums by Christians such as this will not even be allowed after a while.I hope you’re not so naive you believe the Left’s constant stream of propaganda.It will only cost you your future freedom. After all that…Maher is just one more Leftist determined to attack religious freedoms. You don’t honestly think sitting down and discussing issues with such bigots would work, do you???
As far as I am aware the left/right political scale is one of economic scope with communism/socialism on the left and conservatism on the right. Politics also has a second scale which has authoritarian at the top and Libitarian at the bottom. I fall very much into the Centralist Libitarian area (neither right nor left) Obama is slightly right of centre and slightly authoritarian.

It is the Authoritarian ideologies which are about surrendering rights to freedom etc examples of puplic people with Authoritarian ideologies are Stalin, Hitler, Bush, Palin etc Stalin was an extreme left authoritarian, the other 3 are right authoritarian (suprisingly Hiltler is the least right with Palin the most right)

As far as Jesus is concerned we are reading from completely different books, in the Bibles that I have (I have several editions and copies) Jesus is described as a mild man, his message is one of peace (not appeasement) and bar the occasion when he got angry in the temple he confronted hostility in much the same way as Gandi did. He was not intolerant, he never claimed to be king of kings, he did say go forth and use your tongue to talk to the people, the spirit allowed the disciples to talk in many tongues so that everyone could listen and hear.

If anyone is blinded by satan and doing the devils work for them it is those that come out with intolerant retoric and refuse to discuss and reach common ground. Much of the passage that you have typed above is factually inaccurate, more rights and freedoms have been confiscated by rebublicans especially the current administration. In fact your passage is propaganda and more akin to the extremism that threatens the western world and wants to destroy liberty, do you really want to be the devils pawn?
 
As far as I am aware the left/right political scale is one of economic scope with communism/socialism on the left and conservatism on the right. Politics also has a second scale which has authoritarian at the top and Libitarian at the bottom. I fall very much into the Centralist Libitarian area (neither right nor left) Obama is slightly right of centre and slightly authoritarian.

It is the Authoritarian ideologies which are about surrendering rights to freedom etc examples of puplic people with Authoritarian ideologies are Stalin, Hitler, Bush, Palin etc Stalin was an extreme left authoritarian, the other 3 are right authoritarian (suprisingly Hiltler is the least right with Palin the most right)

As far as Jesus is concerned we are reading from completely different books, in the Bibles that I have (I have several editions and copies) Jesus is described as a mild man, his message is one of peace (not appeasement) and bar the occasion when he got angry in the temple he confronted hostility in much the same way as Gandi did. He was not intolerant, he never claimed to be king of kings, he did say go forth and use your tongue to talk to the people, the spirit allowed the disciples to talk in many tongues so that everyone could listen and hear.

If anyone is blinded by satan and doing the devils work for them it is those that come out with intolerant retoric and refuse to discuss and reach common ground. Much of the passage that you have typed above is factually inaccurate, more rights and freedoms have been confiscated by rebublicans especially the current administration. In fact your passage is propaganda and more akin to the extremism that threatens the western world and wants to destroy liberty, do you really want to be the devils pawn?
I have heard these same words before. Note how they always come from those who have rejected God and conscience. (Michael Moore, Dem politicians, etc.) (I don’t mean you or anyone who follows; am speaking of the leaders.) Please be very careful who you follow. The “Hitler was right wing” argument is older than you can imagine. Hitler came from the socialist Party which is exactly what Obama and Dems want. Those who use it to sway others count on them not knowing history. Do you honestly believe Hitler was a right-wing religious person who regularly followed God and respected the country’s freedom and traditions?? Think how silly that argument is!
How can one have ‘common ground’ with those who kill or approve of killing in the womb??
Have you really not learned by now that the ‘bash Bush’ mantra by the Left is simply a political ploy?? They have nothing but greed, abortion, promoting gay ‘marriage’ confiscating private property, making laws outside the Constitution which enslave others, dirty business and political ties, the hate-America crowd, etc. etc They bash the other side because THEY HAVE NO TRUTH TO STAND ON.
The Left wants to chip away at our freedom; they already are with bans, regulations, etc. I don’t see Bush or Palin, etc doing that, do you??? They (Republicans) want us to be free which is precisely why the Left is so desperate now they’re frying Palin and McCain over the fire and lying repeatedly. They’ll have to answer to God one day for their “choices.”
You can’t sit down and reason with terrorists who have cut off heads and attach bombs to their citizens to kill others. Is that not obvious? If Obama really believes he can ‘reason’ with them he is so naive he’s beyond belief.
A reminder–we are the Church militant and for good reason. Believe the Church–not those in this world who have sold their souls for money and power.
 
I have heard these same words before. Note how they always come from those who have rejected God and conscience. (Michael Moore, Dem politicians, etc.) (I don’t mean you or anyone who follows; am speaking of the leaders.) Please be very careful who you follow. The “Hitler was right wing” argument is older than you can imagine. Hitler came from the socialist Party which is exactly what Obama and Dems want. Those who use it to sway others count on them not knowing history. Do you honestly believe Hitler was a right-wing religious person who regularly followed God and respected the country’s freedom and traditions?? Think how silly that argument is!
How can one have ‘common ground’ with those who kill or approve of killing in the womb??
Have you really not learned by now that the ‘bash Bush’ mantra by the Left is simply a political ploy?? They have nothing but greed, abortion, promoting gay ‘marriage’ confiscating private property, making laws outside the Constitution which enslave others, dirty business and political ties, the hate-America crowd, etc. etc They bash the other side because THEY HAVE NO TRUTH TO STAND ON.
The Left wants to chip away at our freedom; they already are with bans, regulations, etc. I don’t see Bush or Palin, etc doing that, do you??? They (Republicans) want us to be free which is precisely why the Left is so desperate now they’re frying Palin and McCain over the fire and lying repeatedly. They’ll have to answer to God one day for their “choices.”
You can’t sit down and reason with terrorists who have cut off heads and attach bombs to their citizens to kill others. Is that not obvious? If Obama really believes he can ‘reason’ with them he is so naive he’s beyond belief.
A reminder–we are the Church militant and for good reason. Believe the Church–not those in this world who have sold their souls for money and power.
Are you pulling my leg???

Can you not see the poision that you speak??

Are you so blinded by the serpent??

Lets address the points that you have raised.

Firstly about toleratant attitudes.
Tolerance isnt just preached by the ‘Godless’ but also by the saviour Jesus…did he not sit with the leper? did he not befriend the prostitute? did he not sit with the samaritans?? I am careful of who I follow are you sure that you follow Jesus?

Secondly about Hitler and the Nazi party.
Did I not say he was the least right? Yes the Nazi party started out as a socialist movement but it rapidly moved towards the centre and hitlers personal views are right wing (remember right is economic) and very authoritarian (these are the freedom stealers) a lot of the Nazis thought that they were doing gods work (and proposed much of what you are proposeing - miliitantism)

How can we have common ground with those that kill??? Are you a hypocrite? if you don’t propose talking, reasoning and hopefully converting what exactly are ‘the soldiers on the front line’ proposing?

Thirdly ‘Bash Bush’
Since when did looking at Bush’s record and judging for oneself become excepting ‘left propaganda’? He has spent billions looking after his own greed, start a war against international law (a code of laws inspired by christianity). He failed to help fellow American and Christians caught up in New Orleans (which will be the first Western city ever abbandoned). He sat and watched as the towers came down. He turned the well respected, good, American name into a slogan used to mean corruption and hated around the world. He has achieved little in the last 8 years…the same time that was taken to get the space programme to land on the moon. He has in the act of committing the largest nationalisation event (something that socialist…thats LEFT administrations like to do)…shall I go on? I didn’t need to listen to any propaganda to understand any of this…there is a reason he didn’t attend and was barely mentioned at his own party’s conference.

Freedoms
We have lost more civil liberties in the name of fighting terrorism than under any other administration…have your read the patriot act?

Politics
All politicians lie…currently it is Palin that is Lying the most (hoping to get away with it because no-one will attack a woman), which party members have told us that the economy is undergoing ‘just a correction’? These so called ‘Right’ that lie for their own greed - who funds Macain again? Anti-abortion surely being able to make the correct choice is a freedom to defend not to take away.

Terrorists
the desparate people that strap on bombs and commit mass murder are the ‘foot soldiers’ the ‘brain washed’ it is the people behind them that fill their minds with intolerance that cause these acts…a few words can change their minds, was it not shakespear that said ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’ was it not Jesus that said ‘go into the lions den to spread my word’…notice how that ISN’T go kill the lion cause it won’t listen to you???

‘A reminder–we are the Church militant and for good reason. Believe the Church–not those in this world who have sold their souls for money and power’

Swap Church Militant for Alkida and Church for prophet and you sound like an anti-american extemist…I pray that you re-read the new testament, on your own, without this millitant influence and see the message there in the book and change your ways.
 
I am from the other side of the world and the first time I saw Bill Maher on Larry King I rather liked him because he is intelligent and a lateral thinker - he was original and different.

Then the next time I saw him I realised exactly how he hates the Church and what a heretic he is. I stopped watching him. I also began to shy away from Larry King because he is not at all selective. He will interview anyone and anything.

I do watch King from time to time but** I **am the one who is being selective.

I do think it is an excellent idea to pray for Maher.

:gopray2: :crossrc: :byzsoc: :signofcross: :gopray: :angel1: :highprayer:
I had a similar experience, I saw him one time, and he seemed witty and smart and I guess pretty well behaved, he didn’t say anything objectionable.

But then I saw him again, and I just couldn’t pretend that the things he said didn’t bother me.

I also think it might be a good idea to pray for him…
 
Atheism Uncensored

In this mockumentary by Director John Doe, five atheists discuss what they really think about religion, unveiling the true hatred and stupidity that fuels atheism, as they go about their daily lives in the rural (yet fictional) city of Townsville. It is a contraversal film that has sparked debates across the nations about the unfair portrayal of atheists in film, books, television, and pro-religious propaganda. Atheism Uncensored, now playing in theatres everywhere! 😃
 
Are you pulling my leg???

Can you not see the poision that you speak??

Are you so blinded by the serpent??

Lets address the points that you have raised.

Firstly about toleratant attitudes.
Tolerance isnt just preached by the ‘Godless’ but also by the saviour Jesus…did he not sit with the leper? did he not befriend the prostitute? did he not sit with the samaritans?? I am careful of who I follow are you sure that you follow Jesus?

Secondly about Hitler and the Nazi party.
Did I not say he was the least right? Yes the Nazi party started out as a socialist movement but it rapidly moved towards the centre and hitlers personal views are right wing (remember right is economic) and very authoritarian (these are the freedom stealers) a lot of the Nazis thought that they were doing gods work (and proposed much of what you are proposeing - miliitantism)

How can we have common ground with those that kill??? Are you a hypocrite? if you don’t propose talking, reasoning and hopefully converting what exactly are ‘the soldiers on the front line’ proposing?

Thirdly ‘Bash Bush’
Since when did looking at Bush’s record and judging for oneself become excepting ‘left propaganda’? He has spent billions looking after his own greed, start a war against international law (a code of laws inspired by christianity). He failed to help fellow American and Christians caught up in New Orleans (which will be the first Western city ever abbandoned). He sat and watched as the towers came down. He turned the well respected, good, American name into a slogan used to mean corruption and hated around the world. He has achieved little in the last 8 years…the same time that was taken to get the space programme to land on the moon. He has in the act of committing the largest nationalisation event (something that socialist…thats LEFT administrations like to do)…shall I go on? I didn’t need to listen to any propaganda to understand any of this…there is a reason he didn’t attend and was barely mentioned at his own party’s conference.

Freedoms
We have lost more civil liberties in the name of fighting terrorism than under any other administration…have your read the patriot act?

Politics
All politicians lie…currently it is Palin that is Lying the most (hoping to get away with it because no-one will attack a woman), which party members have told us that the economy is undergoing ‘just a correction’? These so called ‘Right’ that lie for their own greed - who funds Macain again? Anti-abortion surely being able to make the correct choice is a freedom to defend not to take away.

Terrorists
the desparate people that strap on bombs and commit mass murder are the ‘foot soldiers’ the ‘brain washed’ it is the people behind them that fill their minds with intolerance that cause these acts…a few words can change their minds, was it not shakespear that said ‘the pen is mightier than the sword’ was it not Jesus that said ‘go into the lions den to spread my word’…notice how that ISN’T go kill the lion cause it won’t listen to you???

‘A reminder–we are the Church militant and for good reason. Believe the Church–not those in this world who have sold their souls for money and power’

Swap Church Militant for Alkida and Church for prophet and you sound like an anti-american extemist…I pray that you re-read the new testament, on your own, without this millitant influence and see the message there in the book and change your ways.
Oh honey, you are lost–you poor thing! You’ve pulled your statements right out of the Left’s propaganda handbook and you swallow it hook, line and sinker. I really do feel sorry for you and anyone else who has been so gullible as to believe antiAmerican, antilife hate mongers posing as political pundits. You are not Catholic, are you? So what is your point posting all sorts of comments directly in conflict with the Church? I suggest you get some resources from Catholic Answers and learn what the Church teaches and WHY. Here are a few other resources you’ll find helpful: PRI (Population Research Institite)l, Priests for Life (warning: the pictures of the little aborted babies are graphic.), The Heritage Foundation, and listen to relevantradio.com. Also don’t be so afraid of conservative talk radio. On a daily basis they clear up the lies and smears coming from the Left.
You can be gullible enough to vote for Obama, but don’t blame conservatives when you start losing rights, property, liberty, etc. We tried to warn you not to trust those to whom abortion is almost like a sacrament. Satan must just love it when another baby is sentenced to die by (so-called) 'choice."
You are in my prayers!!
 
Oh honey, you are lost–you poor thing! You’ve pulled your statements right out of the Left’s propaganda handbook and you swallow it hook, line and sinker. I really do feel sorry for you and anyone else who has been so gullible as to believe antiAmerican, antilife hate mongers posing as political pundits. You are not Catholic, are you? So what is your point posting all sorts of comments directly in conflict with the Church? I suggest you get some resources from Catholic Answers and learn what the Church teaches and WHY. Here are a few other resources you’ll find helpful: PRI (Population Research Institite)l, Priests for Life (warning: the pictures of the little aborted babies are graphic.), The Heritage Foundation, and listen to relevantradio.com. Also don’t be so afraid of conservative talk radio. On a daily basis they clear up the lies and smears coming from the Left.
You can be gullible enough to vote for Obama, but don’t blame conservatives when you start losing rights, property, liberty, etc. We tried to warn you not to trust those to whom abortion is almost like a sacrament. Satan must just love it when another baby is sentenced to die by (so-called) 'choice."
You are in my prayers!!
Looks like we will be praying for each other.

Don’t worry I consider myself a Libitarian (slightly conservative) I wont be persuaded to vote in a socialist manner. I suggest that as well as the more fundamnetalist material that you have mentioned (which i will listen to because I am rational and want to find out how someone can feel the things that you suggest).

I do blame the current administration for the rights, property and liberty that have already lost this decade.

Do you not think that God has given ‘freedom of choice’ for a reason, will God be more impressed with the adulterer that ‘chooses’ not to abort or the adulterer that can’t abort because others have taken away that choice? For me the first has chosen to come into Gods embrace the second still doesnt understand and has had the chance to taken away. You say that the democrats want to play ‘little god’ what is this if not playing ‘little god’ and taking away the chance of gods love from someone else.

I’m not sure we can agree but I pray for an end to all of this ignorance
 
Looks like we will be praying for each other.

Don’t worry I consider myself a Libitarian (slightly conservative) I wont be persuaded to vote in a socialist manner. I suggest that as well as the more fundamnetalist material that you have mentioned (which i will listen to because I am rational and want to find out how someone can feel the things that you suggest).

I do blame the current administration for the rights, property and liberty that have already lost this decade.

Do you not think that God has given ‘freedom of choice’ for a reason, will God be more impressed with the adulterer that ‘chooses’ not to abort or the adulterer that can’t abort because others have taken away that choice? For me the first has chosen to come into Gods embrace the second still doesnt understand and has had the chance to taken away. You say that the democrats want to play ‘little god’ what is this if not playing ‘little god’ and taking away the chance of gods love from someone else.

I’m not sure we can agree but I pray for an end to all of this ignorance
You know what? There will only be an end to ignorance when the Left comes back to reality and their mouthpieces stop slandering those of us who have stood firm in our Faith and respect the traditions of our country, and when we are once again one nation under God. I pray God doesn’t send something to make them wake up and come back to Him in order for that to happen! But first the Left has to realize that they moved from what is true; no one else has; only they did. And they keep moving farther left and smear anyone who disagrees with them. They’re not of God, hon, do not be misled! Again, how can anyone trust a leader who wholeheartedy supports not only killing in the womb, but infanticide as well? The devil has such people by the throat. No wonder they constantly lie!! May God help us if we get a president like that!
 
Atheism Uncensored

In this mockumentary by Director John Doe, five atheists discuss what they really think about religion, unveiling the true hatred and stupidity that fuels atheism, as they go about their daily lives in the rural (yet fictional) city of Townsville. It is a contraversal film that has sparked debates across the nations about the unfair portrayal of atheists in film, books, television, and pro-religious propaganda. Atheism Uncensored, now playing in theatres everywhere! 😃
Please pray athiests find the truth and come out of their darkness. God loves them and wants them to come to Him.
 
You know what? There will only be an end to ignorance when the Left comes back to reality and their mouthpieces stop slandering those of us who have stood firm in our Faith and respect the traditions of our country, and when we are once again one nation under God. I pray God doesn’t send something to make them wake up and come back to Him in order for that to happen! But first the Left has to realize that they moved from what is true; no one else has; only they did. And they keep moving farther left and smear anyone who disagrees with them. They’re not of God, hon, do not be misled! Again, how can anyone trust a leader who wholeheartedy supports not only killing in the womb, but infanticide as well? The devil has such people by the throat. No wonder they constantly lie!! May God help us if we get a president like that!
Why do you insist on telling me that the Left are ignorant??? I have already tried to explain that this is an nonsence statement because the political left are left of centre on an economic scale…neither of the 2 main parties are left of centre, they are both right wing parties, the only statement you can make is that the democrats are more left than the rebublicans.

You talk about stopping slander whilst slandering? let he without sin cast the first stone.

Are we not all of God…did he not create all of us equally? there is no us and them there is just us.

I hate to break it to you but this Nation was never one nation under one God, the founding fathers deliberately set the nation up to separate Church and state. It is the first nation on earth set up to be purely secular with rational arguments for all law and policy.

Could you answer one question for me, without attacking left or right or bring politics into the answer. As simply as you can, can you tell me what Gods message is, or how have you interpretted Gods message?
 
Why do you insist on telling me that the Left are ignorant??? I have already tried to explain that this is an nonsence statement because the political left are left of centre on an economic scale…neither of the 2 main parties are left of centre, they are both right wing parties, the only statement you can make is that the democrats are more left than the rebublicans.

You talk about stopping slander whilst slandering? let he without sin cast the first stone.

Are we not all of God…did he not create all of us equally? there is no us and them there is just us.

I hate to break it to you but this Nation was never one nation under one God, the founding fathers deliberately set the nation up to separate Church and state. It is the first nation on earth set up to be purely secular with rational arguments for all law and policy.

Could you answer one question for me, without attacking left or right or bring politics into the answer. As simply as you can, can you tell me what Gods message is, or how have you interpretted Gods message?
It’s really quite simple: God’s message is to follow Him, not the world.

Looks like you have forgotten that our forefathers mentioned God, a Godly nation, etc.etc frequently…(“We are endowed by our Creator…” etc.) It almost sound like you prefer the world’s ways to God’s. What is it you’re so afraid of? Perhaps you feel guilt and want to rationalize it by clinging to those ideals in this world which tell you there is no right or wrong. If so (and I’m not interested whether it is or not) please go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation and find healing and peace. Whatever you do, I hope you’ll start looking to God and His Church for answers, and not the world and those who reject Him. God bless.
BTW contact Heritage.org and get a copy of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution. See for yourself how God was invoked by our forefathers. They have other resources as well.
 
does anyone know who is backing this movie? who is putting out the money?
 
It’s really quite simple: God’s message is to follow Him, not the world.

Looks like you have forgotten that our forefathers mentioned God, a Godly nation, etc.etc frequently…(“We are endowed by our Creator…” etc.) It almost sound like you prefer the world’s ways to God’s. What is it you’re so afraid of? Perhaps you feel guilt and want to rationalize it by clinging to those ideals in this world which tell you there is no right or wrong. If so (and I’m not interested whether it is or not) please go to the Sacrament of Reconciliation and find healing and peace. Whatever you do, I hope you’ll start looking to God and His Church for answers, and not the world and those who reject Him. God bless.
BTW contact Heritage.org and get a copy of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution. See for yourself how God was invoked by our forefathers. They have other resources as well.
Why do you insist on attacking? Why so defensive? I havn’t said that anyone is so great, where do you get that from? What are you so scared off?

For me Gods message is one of peace and reconciliation not holy martyrdom in his name…remember the commandment ‘don’t take my name in vain’? Everytime you attack someone in Gods name you break this commandment, everytime you cast a dispertion or slander someone in Gods name you break this commandment. Jesus said ‘Love thy Neighbour’ not cast accusations. This millitant stance is anti-christianity and only helps to indue more hatred…non-chatolics should envy our society not mocking us for inducing hatred…we should be trying to save people through example not pushing them away from God by acting like warmongers.

God gave me a brain to think and eyes to see, I see nothing but misguided propaganda in your replies and fear for the community in which you are involved for they seem to be manipulating Gods teaching to institute fantasism and not Love.

Jesus’ message is LOVE.
 
This thread is off topic!
You are so right, and I have no idea why I am being attacked, except I dare to defend our country and its principles, which are strongly Christian in nature.

Dear Lord,
We ask You to speak to all hearts that they may understand the importance of respecting Your children, just as You should be respected. We ask that you send Your Holy Spirit down upon those who mock Your teachings and belittle Your followers, as we know You love even those who mock Your truths for huge profits. Please heal our nation and give our citizens a voice in entertainment, government and elsewhere when they proclaim Your truth. Remind all that we are a nation founded on Christian principles, and if we dare forget that, we will not survive. Touch all hearts, dear Lord. Amen.
 
Why do you insist on attacking? Why so defensive? I havn’t said that anyone is so great, where do you get that from? What are you so scared off?

For me Gods message is one of peace and reconciliation not holy martyrdom in his name…remember the commandment ‘don’t take my name in vain’? Everytime you attack someone in Gods name you break this commandment, everytime you cast a dispertion or slander someone in Gods name you break this commandment. Jesus said ‘Love thy Neighbour’ not cast accusations. This millitant stance is anti-christianity and only helps to indue more hatred…non-chatolics should envy our society not mocking us for inducing hatred…we should be trying to save people through example not pushing them away from God by acting like warmongers.

God gave me a brain to think and eyes to see, I see nothing but misguided propaganda in your replies and fear for the community in which you are involved for they seem to be manipulating Gods teaching to institute fantasism and not Love.

Jesus’ message is LOVE.
Evidently you are completely misunderstanding what I am saying, and (perhaps not purposely) putting words in my mouth. I hope you will take a close look at the resources I previously listed; perhaps then you will begin to understand what I’m trying to convey.
Also remember, despite how horrible war is, there are times and places where it must be fought. In fact we would not be free today without the sacrifices soldiers have made in past battles. Never forget that we have the rights we do today because of their selfless giving.
 
I haven’t seen the movie yet I did see some bit pieces while Maher was being interviewed by Larry King.

I actually think some good might come from this movie. Maher, is lying not only to his audience, he is lying to himself. I believe most people can see through this lie. So although people may laugh at this, I think people, within thier own consciences will see the error of Maher’s way. I feel even Maher, when he was defending his attitude on religion to King, was battling his conscience deep in his being. I feel I could see this in his eyes. I speak from authority on this matter because not too long ago my outward attitude towards religion was near identical to Mahers.

He is questioning himself and is too proud to admit it (even to himself). I think he’ll come around 🙂 someday.
 
I haven’t seen the movie yet I did see some bit pieces while Maher was being interviewed by Larry King.

I actually think some good might come from this movie. Maher, is lying not only to his audience, he is lying to himself. I believe most people can see through this lie. So although people may laugh at this, I think people, within thier own consciences will see the error of Maher’s way. I feel even Maher, when he was defending his attitude on religion to King, was battling his conscience deep in his being. I feel I could see this in his eyes. I speak from authority on this matter because not too long ago my outward attitude towards religion was near identical to Mahers.

He is questioning himself and is too proud to admit it (even to himself). I think he’ll come around 🙂 someday.
you are so right!!! his pride is not allowing him to submit to the love of God and to the existence of God. he sees it as a sign of weakness and he thinks he is too smart or too much of an intellectual to believe there is a God i think. i believe he grew up in an interfaith household. not sure if they were practicing though.
 
I have to disagree with the posters who are saying we should just ignore this “documentary” and it will go away. They are talking about this film getting an academy award nomination…even before the public has seen it. For too long Catholics have sat around and let people slam our Church, our Sacraments, our Holy Father and our priests. Not strongly objecting to such defamation and insults only give power to those that show this bigotry. Anti-Catholicism is on the rise and if we do nothing we are guilty of not defending our Faith and beliefs. "All that is required for
evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.”
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top