A
Allegra
Guest
Did you get your stuff?
Not yet. They (unfortunately) agreed to therapy. :banghead: Our session is next Friday- I guess they really need their scapegoat back. I am blessed to have a great therapist though. I specifically chose him because he ‘specializes’ in narcissists and personality disorders. He has been fantastic so far in my individual therapy and he knows all the narcissist tricks. We both agreed that this will probably be the one and only family sessions because my parents won’t like what they’re going to hear- “What, a behavior change?! Never! I’m perfect.” He is also prepared for their manipulations and the ‘I need to show the therapist I am a fantastic, caring parent’ mask. I am just so thankful that he knows their tricks because my main worry was that they’d manipulate him to think that I am the crazy one. So, prayers would be appreciated for our session to go well- or, at least, as painless as possible. I just want to make it out unscathed. I am prepared to probably go home the day after our session because I am predicting it to be a disaster.Did you get your stuff?
Maybe the therapist can take advantage of their need to demonstrate that they are prefect parents and you are the crazy one and get the to give you back your money! Anyway, I don’t know why they can’t give you back your stuff AND go therapy. Therapy would be the requirement for having any contact at all. That doesn’t mean you have to go on living there.Not yet. They (unfortunately) agreed to therapy. :banghead: Our session is next Friday- I guess they really need their scapegoat back. I am blessed to have a great therapist though. I specifically chose him because he ‘specializes’ in narcissists and personality disorders. He has been fantastic so far in my individual therapy and he knows all the narcissist tricks. We both agreed that this will probably be the one and only family sessions because my parents won’t like what they’re going to hear- “What, a behavior change?! Never! I’m perfect.” He is also prepared for their manipulations and the ‘I need to show the therapist I am a fantastic, caring parent’ mask. I am just so thankful that he knows their tricks because my main worry was that they’d manipulate him to think that I am the crazy one. So, prayers would be appreciated for our session to go well- or, at least, as painless as possible. I just want to make it out unscathed. I am prepared to probably go home the day after our session because I am predicting it to be a disaster.
Thank you for asking! If you have any tips from your own experiences, I’d love for you to PM me.
I have already been moved out for about a month. I told them I was moving out right when I did it, so the kickback occurred when I was already living somewhere else, thank God. I shudder to think of their reaction if I gave them any warning. They did return a portion of my money, and my therapist was shocked that they were even that ‘generous.’ He wasn’t expecting them to return any of it. So, I am grateful for that. Maybe I can use this opportunity to get the rest.Maybe the therapist can take advantage of their need to demonstrate that they are prefect parents and you are the crazy one and get the to give you back your money! Anyway, I don’t know why they can’t give you back your stuff AND go therapy. Therapy would be the requirement for having any contact at all. That doesn’t mean you have to go on living there.
At least you got enough of your stuff to get by on. You may luck out. It wouldn’t be too out of line for a narcissistic mother to show up to therapy with a bag of your clothes (because you were so lazy you left them in the dryer), a warm blanket (for when you end up homeless), an elaborate gift made by your sibling she favors (whose heart is broken as she is so thoughtful, unlike you), an extra toothbrush (you’d never remember to brush without her help), and a bag of you favorite cookies (even though you really eat too much sweets and she doesn’t think you’ll ever get a man if you don’t watch your weight.) If you have to put up with the passive aggressive abuse, at least get something out of it.I have already been moved out for about a month. I told them I was moving out right when I did it, so the kickback occurred when I was already living somewhere else, thank God. I shudder to think of their reaction if I gave them any warning. They did return a portion of my money, and my therapist was shocked that they were even that ‘generous.’ He wasn’t expecting them to return any of it. So, I am grateful for that. Maybe I can use this opportunity to get the rest.
Ha, it sounds like you’re talking from experienceAt least you got enough of your stuff to get by on. You may luck out. It wouldn’t be too out of line for a narcissistic mother to show up to therapy with a bag of your clothes (because you were so lazy you left them in the dryer), a warm blanket (for when you end up homeless), an elaborate gift made by your sibling she favors (whose heart is broken as she is so thoughtful, unlike you), an extra toothbrush (you’d never remember to brush without her help), and a bag of you favorite cookies (even though you really eat too much sweets and she doesn’t think you’ll ever get a man if you don’t watch your weight.) If you have to put up with the passive aggressive abuse, at least get something out of it.![]()