Music Composed by the Devil Himself

  • Thread starter Thread starter MelindaUK
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MelindaUK

Guest
I have always loved music, particularly classical music but there is one piece in particular which keeps haunting my mind, it is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard yet it may also be the most controversial. I just can’t seem to get it out of my mind, this particular piece is the “Devil’s Trill”.

As the composer Tartini says about this piece:

“One night, in the year 1713 I dreamed I had made a pact with the devil for my soul. Everything went as I wished: my new servant anticipated my every desire. Among other things, I gave him my violin to see if he could play. How great was my astonishment on hearing a sonata so wonderful and so beautiful, played with such great art and intelligence, as I had never even conceived in my boldest flights of fantasy. I felt enraptured, transported, enchanted: my breath failed me, and - I awoke. I immediately grasped my violin in order to retain, in part at least, the impression of my dream. In vain! The music which I at this time composed is indeed the best that I ever wrote, and I still call it the “Devil’s Trill”, but the difference between it and that which so moved me is so great that I would have destroyed my instrument and have said farewell to music forever if it had been possible for me to live without the enjoyment it affords me.”

So the said melody, the Devil’s Trill was inspired by the devil himself if we believe what Tartini said. Could such a beautiful melody be considered unholy? I wonder if listening or enjoying it is a sin? What do you all think, could this beautiful melody truly be the work of the devil? Or is music just music and for the pleasure of the ears?

Here is a link for those of you that want to listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7rxl5KsPjs
 
Yes, I think it would be a sin to listen just as it would be a sin to participate in a Satanic ritual. If you compare it to computers, would you trust opening an attachment that you know is from a malicious hacker?
 
I listen to it nearly daily ever since I first heard it played by an old man one winter night on coming back from dinner with my boyfriend and walking back to my house. It was almost like a strange dream. The window to his living room was open and he was playing the violin, I just stopped and stood there to listen to it even though it was snowing, when it was over I stepped closer to that window and asked the old man what he had just played, he told me it was the “Devil’s Trill”. I can’t get this melody out of my head, it’s so beautiful, it’s difficult to imagine that it may have been composed by the devil. I also wonder what harm music could possibly do, it doesn’t hurt anyone, it doesn’t corrupt my morality so why is it bad?
 
I listen to it nearly daily ever since I first heard it played by an old man one winter night on coming back from dinner with my boyfriend and walking back to my house. It was almost like a strange dream. The window to his living room was open and he was playing the violin, I just stopped and stood there to listen to it even though it was snowing, when it was over I stepped closer to that window and asked the old man what he had just played, he told me it was the “Devil’s Trill”. I can’t get this melody out of my head, it’s so beautiful, it’s difficult to imagine that it may have been composed by the devil. I also wonder what harm music could possibly do, it doesn’t hurt anyone, it doesn’t corrupt my morality so why is it bad?
I used to listen to Satanic music when I used to be heavy into Heavy Metal. Even though I’m still tempted to go back since some of the music itself was actually very melodic, I try to resist the temptation since I know it comes with baggage that is bad for my soul. Satan can appear as an angel of light, but he’s the master of deceit and hates all of us with a passion that we can’t even fathom. I recommend searching for music that is good but doesn’t have that kind of evil baggage. If you like classical music, there are plenty of amazingly beautiful works that are about God. Some examples that come to mind are Verdi, Handel, and Bach.

Or you can try listening to this:
youtube.com/watch?v=R0lmcg8pvic
 
But the song is so soft and appeasing, Have you listened to it? I do get your point but I can’t see what harm it can do. And even if I decided never to listen to it ever again I would probably end up doing it again anyway because the melody is stuck in my head. I can’t seem to get it out. It almost sounds holy… How could I forget the most beautiful melody I ever heard? I don’t see what I can do.
 
My opinion: It wasn’t composed by the devil; it was composed by Tartini.

Considering that my last dream involved me driving down a highway to meet Daniel Boone at Home Depot (which was very important for some reason), I wouldn’t put too much stock in dreams.
 
Satan only has one goal: to DEVOUR your body and your soul, now and for eternity. Dabbling in the occult is a sure way to open a pathway to demonic oppression/possession

But they don’t call him the “angel of light” for nothing. Even Satan was once good. He is a good thing gone bad - in fact, a very good thing gone very bad. If he had not had the greatest ontological goodness of a powerful mind and will, he could never have become as morally corrupt as he is. “Lillies that fester smell far worse than weeds.” Corruptio optimi pessima.
 
I have always loved music, particularly classical music but there is one piece in particular which keeps haunting my mind, it is the most beautiful piece of music I have ever heard yet it may also be the most controversial. I just can’t seem to get it out of my mind, this particular piece is the “Devil’s Trill”.

As the composer Tartini says about this piece:

“One night, in the year 1713 I dreamed I had made a pact with the devil for my soul. Everything went as I wished: my new servant anticipated my every desire. Among other things, I gave him my violin to see if he could play. How great was my astonishment on hearing a sonata so wonderful and so beautiful, played with such great art and intelligence, as I had never even conceived in my boldest flights of fantasy. I felt enraptured, transported, enchanted: my breath failed me, and - I awoke. I immediately grasped my violin in order to retain, in part at least, the impression of my dream. In vain! The music which I at this time composed is indeed the best that I ever wrote, and I still call it the “Devil’s Trill”, but the difference between it and that which so moved me is so great that I would have destroyed my instrument and have said farewell to music forever if it had been possible for me to live without the enjoyment it affords me.”

So the said melody, the Devil’s Trill was inspired by the devil himself if we believe what Tartini said. Could such a beautiful melody be considered unholy? I wonder if listening or enjoying it is a sin? What do you all think, could this beautiful melody truly be the work of the devil? Or is music just music and for the pleasure of the ears?

Here is a link for those of you that want to listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=z7rxl5KsPjs
I’m familiar with the piece and don’t believe music so beautiful could have been inspired by the Devil. (Anyhow, Judaism has a whole different take on Satan, which I’ve discussed in other threads.) People also said that the violin virtuoso, Paganini, was in league with the Devil because of his astonishing brilliance and virtuosity, as well as his eccentricities. I doubt that too.
 
My opinion: It wasn’t composed by the devil; it was composed by Tartini.

Considering that my last dream involved me driving down a highway to meet Daniel Boone at Home Depot (which was very important for some reason), I wouldn’t put too much stock in dreams.
:clapping: HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 😃 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Epic, and well said, sir!
 
it was a dream. enjoy the music and give the devil no credit for it.
 
Maybe there’s encoding in the music we don’t consciously pick up. I mean, he cooperated with what he thought was a gift from Satan. Besides, “Imagine” by John Lennon is a beautiful melody sung beautifully, but with an indirectly-sounding Satanic message. We saw last century what imagining there’s no religion does to most people who adopt it, if just given a leader to lead an armed and/or cultural revolution, but he and his pals want us to think religion did most the killing in history (actually, it was acting against one’s religion that made that possible). There’s similarly beautiful-sounding evil songs like this out there, usually from the '60s and '70s, with premarital sex themes.
 
Here’s a very interesting talk given at a homeschooling conference by a solid Catholic priest. Father talks about music, and its influence in our culture. It breaks down how the melody, harmony, and rhythm of music relate to the intellect, emotion, and body, and talks about how the disorders of music manifest themselves. It’s almost 45 minutes long, but totally worth the time.

Raising a Holy Family Amid the Culture of Death
 
I do love that piece and I just cannot wrap my head around it being composed by the devil. Sounds like it was composed out of a dream. 😛
 
Perhaps there is a Priest on the forum who can give us his opinion?
 
Maybe there’s encoding in the music we don’t consciously pick up. I mean, he cooperated with what he thought was a gift from Satan. Besides, “Imagine” by John Lennon is a beautiful melody sung beautifully, but with an indirectly-sounding Satanic message. We saw last century what imagining there’s no religion does to most people who adopt it, if just given a leader to lead an armed and/or cultural revolution, but he and his pals want us to think religion did most the killing in history (actually, it was acting against one’s religion that made that possible). There’s similarly beautiful-sounding evil songs like this out there, usually from the '60s and '70s, with premarital sex themes.
there are no words in that piece
 
sinful, sinful, and sinful. That disgusting creature better start running
 
If Tartini thought he had received it from the Archangel Gabriel would you believe him?

I’m listening to it at the moment. It’s a lovely piece of music. Very lovely indeed!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top