Music Composed by the Devil Himself

  • Thread starter Thread starter MelindaUK
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
IF you had never read that little story abut the piece would you still consider the music satanic? Especially since its a classical piece with no lyrics?

I think its just a silly little story, ignore it, enjoy the music. If the music inspires you to carve a pentagramme into your forehead or dance around wearing a goat skull as you sacrifice babies to Baal then yeah, you probably shouldn’t listen to it.
 
But the song is so soft and appeasing, Have you listened to it? I do get your point but I can’t see what harm it can do. And even if I decided never to listen to it ever again I would probably end up doing it again anyway because the melody is stuck in my head. I can’t seem to get it out. It almost sounds holy… How could I forget the most beautiful melody I ever heard? I don’t see what I can do.
It may or may not be just a dream, but the fact that you may not be seeing God as a good enough reason to give it up “just to be sure”, sounds harmful in itself.
 
My point was that some things can affect us, unbeknownst to us. There could be vibrations that can agitate or upset us–a kind of metalanguage for the brain, perhaps. I mean, if you hear distant shouting in a nearby apartment every night, as I’m sure some do in some cities, you may likely get depressed. It may take a while and you may not know you’re so affected. If one desired the Devil’s help for such a sinister venture, for a price, obviously, and without God’s intervention, the help may come. As in demonic situations, those close to God are less likely to be affected, but all have their breaking point and may find it too late, especially if they don’t have to be in that situation. Satan and his demons are still beings of pure intelligence. They know our psychology, well, and could devise such a song for the least practicing and the proud “reasonable” ones.
 
Here’s a very interesting talk given at a homeschooling conference by a solid Catholic priest. Father talks about music, and its influence in our culture. It breaks down how the melody, harmony, and rhythm of music relate to the intellect, emotion, and body, and talks about how the disorders of music manifest themselves. It’s almost 45 minutes long, but totally worth the time.

Raising a Holy Family Amid the Culture of Death
Thank you!👍 I love their sermons.
God bless!
 
Satan’s job is to steal and kill and destroy. Guess where he got the music from?
Give credit to the Real Author of the harmony and enjoy the music!

Love, Shlomo
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top