MUSIC: Fr. Stan Fortuna

  • Thread starter Thread starter EsclavoDeCristo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fr. Stan is a very cool priest and we need about 10,000 more of him. I just don’t care for his singing voice…Eeeks!:eek:
 
I liked his into spiel about his reggae style ā€œgarbage manā€

ā€œIf you think its disrespectful to sing a song about how the great one’ relationship to mary was like a garbage man, i suggest that you have not considered the theological and philosopical ramifications of said analogyā€ but he did it in a voice too so this was a pretty hilarious statement
 
40.png
buffalo:
Listen to him here
did you ever hear him preach? He was on EWTN a while back and he was just awesome. The young people are drawn to him in a big way…Even Fr. Angelus allued to him in a homily a week or two later as being what St. Francis may have been like in his time.
 
40.png
Brain:
He came to my chuch for a concert a few months back, he said mass for us beforehand and his homily was off the cuff and 45 minutes long. And his sense of wonder during the eucharistic prayer was amazing.
I wanna talk a bit about making the sign of the cross. Yeah, you know what I’m talking about. This thing. That ain’t no handwavin’! Quit acting like you’re embarassed cuz you’re Catholic! ā€œWhat was that you were just doin’?ā€ ā€œHuh? Oh, I’s just swatting a fly away!ā€ Christ said that he who denies me I will deny him. You denying Christ because you too afraid to make the sign of the cross!

Now let me give you a quick quote from my hero. Y’alll should know him. I call him, ā€œThe great one.ā€ Cuz he was the greatest. Y’all know who I’m talkinga bout, The Great One, Pope John Paul the 2nd. When he was elected pope, you know what the first words he said was? Be Not Afraid! Open Wide the Doors to Christ! Do you think he meant for you to sit on your hands when you at dinner at the restaurant in case they accidnetally tried to make some sign of the cross on their own? What’s with you people!

Ringing a bell?

😃 Yeah, that’s where I first met Fr. Stan. I was so impressed with him, I proceeded to go to the CFR in New York on discernment retreat with them.

Josh
 
yeah that was the homily!

ā€œThe pope gets to do it 3 times, we humble priests only do it once.ā€

ā€œSt Francis was crazy! if he wanted to join one of his own communities today, he woudlnt pass the psychologicals!ā€
 
Omgosh… that’s so strange that this thread popped up. My son went to an afternoon retreat for his grade 10 class where Fr. Stan was. This was yesterday afternoon… last night, Fr. Stan was at a Church function at my Church (St Luke’s in Calgary).

I never knew he was so popular… I do know my 15 yr old came home all excited and loved his retreat. This coming from a reticent catholic teenager! I pray that through Fr.Stan, God has woke up my son’s faith.
 
40.png
Brain:
ā€œSt Francis was crazy! if he wanted to join one of his own communities today, he woudlnt pass the psychologicals!ā€
ā€œOF course, I shouldn’t have made it in neither. I was a mistake.ā€

ā€œYeah, I"ll take you to school. But first let me tell you about the principal of the school. She’s my girlfriend. Her name’s Therese.ā€

ā€œThis thing. Its called a boomerang.ā€
 
threej_lc said:
ā€œOF course, I shouldn’t have made it in neither. I was a mistake.ā€

ā€œYeah, I"ll take you to school. But first let me tell you about the principal of the school. She’s my girlfriend. Her name’s Therese.ā€

ā€œThis thing. Its called a boomerang.ā€

I’m sorry, I guess I’m out of the loop. What are you quoting from?
 
40.png
Brain:
the concert we went to, the little funny things Fr stan said.
Such good times!
My friend and I even went up and got him to pray over us during the intermission. It was so cool!

Josh
 
He came to New Zealand for a Eucharistic Concert. Awesome!

He introduced me to hip hop and rap - Catholic style (I was in my late 40’s at the time)

He rocks!
 
I am still in amazement. I went to a concert tonight by Fr. Fortuna, and it was so good. Has anyone else seen this priest entertain?
 
40.png
Fitz:
I am still in amazement. I went to a concert tonight by Fr. Fortuna, and it was so good. Has anyone else seen this priest entertain?
Yes! He is awesome! The young people really like him and he knows just how to reach them. I’m not a lover of Rap, but he moves me.
 
40.png
Honoria20:
Yes! He is awesome! The young people really like him and he knows just how to reach them. I’m not a lover of Rap, but he moves me.
I sort of cringed when I heard that the concert tickets that our bible study bought were for a priest rapper. However, his act is so much more than rap. He appealed to people of all ages.
 
I went to a Fr. Stan concert in May. He is so amazing! I recieved a blessing from him at intermission… which suddenly sparked my interest in discerning the religious life. I spent a week living with his order, the CFR, this last August, but am now considering the diocesan priesthood.

Josh
 
40.png
threej_lc:
I went to a Fr. Stan concert in May. He is so amazing! I recieved a blessing from him at intermission… which suddenly sparked my interest in discerning the religious life. I spent a week living with his order, the CFR, this last August, but am now considering the diocesan priesthood.

Josh
Josh, what is his order? Are they located in New York? I thought he was amazing. I imagine he is able to interest a high energy type of person, that perhaps other priests have not appealed to. He seems to be a very unusual, but perhaps I just don’t meet the priests that are like him.

Does anyone know if he performs at the Right to Life Weekend in Washington D.C.? He performed the most wonderful song about abortion. I never thought someone could write a song about abortion that would work so well.
 
Eileen T:
He is of the Franciscan Friars of the Renewal. franciscanfriars.com/

Here is Fr Stan’s bio francescoproductions.com/pages/francescobiography.html

I heard him in Auckland NZ when he was out here for a Eucharistic Convention. My first experience of rap music. Surprisingly, I liked it. My kids are still in shock.
Thank you for the sites. I checked out his schedule for the next year, and I would have to say I am very lucky to have seen him ever. He sure is global. Check out his itinerary. It makes one tired just reading it. I did find a few times again within the year that he is in Chicago area or Indiana so I will try to see him again.

I normally hate rap due to lyrics and how they talk about women. However, apparently I don’t hate it when it is about God and when a priest is performing. Go figure.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top