Muslim parent upset over school flyer promoting church's Easter egg hunt

  • Thread starter Thread starter _Abyssinia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s the way I learned it. The egg is a symbol of a fresh beginning of life, just as the Jews experienced a renewal of life and freedom at the Exodus. It also symbolizes the cycle and continuity of life by its shape and by the fact that the potential life it contains (the chick) will soon emerge, just as the Jewish people are reborn during Passover.
Thank you very much for that explanation, I’ll use it the next time I teach kids about the Jewish Passover celebration.
 
Personally I don’t really understand how they can complain about this. If this Easter Egg Hunt were held at a public park I don’t think there would be these complaints but simply because of the location they are getting complaints which I think is kind of stupid.
 
Why should they be upset? Easter egg hunts are not religious ceremonies.
Personally I don’t really understand how they can complain about this.
I just want to point out that the complaint was made by one parent, so we shouldn’t be talking about “they,” but about “he.”

In other words:
Why would he be upset?
Personally, I don’t understand how he can complain about this
The difference is important, since local Muslim and Arab leaders have already spoken out against that man’s complaint.
 
Personally I don’t really understand how they can complain about this. If this Easter Egg Hunt were held at a public park I don’t think there would be these complaints but simply because of the location they are getting complaints which I think is kind of stupid.
As long as a Christian church is organizing or funding an event, folks will complain – no matter the venue. It could be held in a football stadium, but people would still whine.

I’m glad to see the local Muslim Arab community taking the complainer to task.

The more I think about the overall secularization of Easter, though, I become just a bit more irritated. A celebration of the Resurrection of Christ and the promise of eternal life has been reduced to egg hunts “for the kids” in the name of community values and shallow ecumenism. Meh.
 
“Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.”

usconstitution.net/xconst_Am1.html

It’s obvious that the Constitution provides Freedom OF Religion. NOT freedom from religion.

We were established as a Christian nation as well, debate that, persons such as John Adams said so and I don’t need to see the tired old phrases atheists bring out to try to rebut that. It’s clear the majority of Founders felt this way.
Read the Treaty of Tripoli…"**As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—**as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Mohammedan] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries"

Maybe things changed since 1796:shrug:
 
Dearborn is not a Muslim theocratic nation where a treaty need apply. Well, not until the US recognizes their Sharia courts…

Perhaps a turning point came in 1954 when “under God” was added to the Pledge of Allegiance? 😃 Yes, I jest.
 
I just want to point out that the complaint was made by one parent, so we shouldn’t be talking about “they,” but about “he.”

In other words:

The difference is important, since local Muslim and Arab leaders have already spoken out against that man’s complaint.
Point well taken.
 
I just want to point out that the complaint was made by one parent, so we shouldn’t be talking about “they,” but about “he.”
A very important point. To judge a group of people because of the personal opinion of one man is to be guilty of prejudice.
 
Those complaining should not have moved to America. We have FREEDOM here, albeit to a lesser degree each day, but we Christians AND OTHERS like our Easter egg hunts. No one is forcing any haters or whiners to participate. 🙂 Rob
 
Those complaining should not have moved to America. We have FREEDOM here, albeit to a lesser degree each day, but we Christians AND OTHERS like our Easter egg hunts. No one is forcing any haters or whiners to participate. 🙂 Rob
It was one man who complained, and why do you assume that he was not born in the USA?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top