Must newlyweds use NFP?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ExGratia
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it would be nice to have some time together and if that’s what happens then great but is that sufficient reason to delay deliberately ? I don’t think even parents ever feel ready for kids in “all ways” but if you don’t feel you are as ready as you need to be then surely you should wait a bit before getting married ? It’s not meant to be a one without the other option.

Maybe I was lucky in that I got married wanting and naively expecting to get pregnant. I would seek to criticise anyone for their personal choices but I do think it’s wrong to regard NFP as an automatic choice when you get married - the opposite should be true.
I agree with her (even if a couple does find they have serious reasons to avoid while newlyweds, they still have to be ready to receive a child if God so blesses them with one).
Well…if a couple does like they are supposed to and does not live together before they are married, there is a heck of a lot of adjusting to do after the honeymoon is over. You can be as ready to be married and mature as anyone in the world, but living with someone is still going to take some getting used to. That would be much easier to do if you didn’t immediately go from newlywed to learning how to handle a pregnant wife. They are both difficult and when you add them together, it makes both of them even MORE difficult.
To me, mom and dad learning how to live together and be happy is plenty serious enough to delay…we all know how detrimental parents that split up or stay together but don’t get along can be to the development of children.
Why are learning to live together, adjusting after marriage, etc. and having a baby mutually exclusive of each other, or, at least, exclusive enough that a couple should avoid having kids at first?
 
I agree with her (even if a couple does find they have serious reasons to avoid while newlyweds, they still have to be ready to receive a child if God so blesses them with one).

Why are learning to live together, adjusting after marriage, etc. and having a baby mutually exclusive of each other, or, at least, exclusive enough that a couple should avoid having kids at first?
I am going to agree. Something that both my mother and I experience. was being pregnant and newly married (I had a honeymoon baby and mom’s pregnant by month 3 of marriage). And we both found that being pregnant and newly married actually made our marriages strong, cemented our relationship, and helped us adjust to living with our spouses. Everything was changing, so we got all those changes out of the way all at once. 😃 (We moved 1000 miles away and I started law school and was pregnant all within a few weeks of getting married). But in all seriousness, husbands are really nice and accommodating when their wife is pregnant for the first time. 😉 Which makes learning to live together not stressful at all. 😛
 
Why are learning to live together, adjusting after marriage, etc. and having a baby mutually exclusive of each other, or, at least, exclusive enough that a couple should avoid having kids at first?
I didn’t say they were mutually exclusive. I said that they both make each other more difficult. May not be true in all cases, but it was in mine.
 
But in all seriousness, husbands are really nice and accommodating when their wife is pregnant for the first time. 😉 Which makes learning to live together not stressful at all. 😛
Yeah, for the wife. It sure makes it easy to live when you are the one being coddled and waited on hand and foot.
 
:
To me, mom and dad learning how to live together and be happy is plenty serious enough to delay…we all know how detrimental parents that split up or stay together but don’t get along can be to the development of children.
👍 gotta agree on this…but I’ll have to agree to disagree with the others…I believe this is why the Church left it up to each couple

God bless
rye
 
I agree with her (even if a couple does find they have serious reasons to avoid while newlyweds, they still have to be ready to receive a child if God so blesses them with one).

Why are learning to live together, adjusting after marriage, etc. and having a baby mutually exclusive of each other, or, at least, exclusive enough that a couple should avoid having kids at first?
Why wouldn’t they be…we all know NFL is no guarantee of not getting pregnant, so your still open to life just learning to live with a new person…I’d rather do that one on one normally than pregnant…once the honeymoon phase is over -although I’m lucky ours really never ended- its a time -from when your first married- you will never get back- my advice to my friends that didn’t Co habit was to do this then have children, but again, the Church left the decision to each couple for
 
Why are learning to live together, adjusting after marriage, etc. and having a baby mutually exclusive of each other, or, at least, exclusive enough that a couple should avoid having kids at first?
I don’t think adjusting to married life is necessarily not a serious enough reason to avoid initially. It may not be a good reason in all cases, which is why it is left to the couple to decide whether their circumstances are serious enough- but some people have a harder time than others dealing with change and too many things all at once can manifest itself in physical or mental health problems. One or both people moving, learning to sleep together, dealing with name changes (if applicable), figuring out how to shop and cook for two people, combining finances, getting used to sex, who does what around the house, etc. is a lot all at once, and some are better equipped mentally than others to handle it all. In addition, some people have not had good role models regarding marriage, and the beginning of marriage is really an exercise in turning around any negative behavior they’ve internalized and focusing on healthy ways to relate to one another as a married couple.

Maybe the “reason” would be considered physical or mental health, but a couple still being open to life while attempting to avoid for a time, due to a period of adjustment, isn’t necessarily wrong.
 
Yeah, for the wife. It sure makes it easy to live when you are the one being coddled and waited on hand and foot.
You sound resentful, which makes it more difficult to take anything you say seriously. I agree that being “coddled and waited on hand and foot” by a resentful man would make adjusting to a living situation difficult.

I hope and pray I don’t have difficult pregnancies and that I can be active all throughout, but I know my fiance loves me (and loves God) enough to not resent me if I do have a hard time. We are supposed to serve each other.
 
You sound resentful, which makes it more difficult to take anything you say seriously. I agree that being “coddled and waited on hand and foot” by a resentful man would make adjusting to a living situation difficult.

I hope and pray I don’t have difficult pregnancies and that I can be active all throughout, but I know my fiance loves me (and loves God) enough to not resent me if I do have a hard time. We are supposed to serve each other.
I am resentful. Not about taking care of my wife when she was pregnant, but about other things.

This was the comment–

**But in all seriousness, husbands are really nice and accommodating when their wife is pregnant for the first time. Which makes learning to live together not stressful at all. **

Well, no duh! Of course it is going to be easy and not stressful to learn to live together if you are the recipient of the nice and accommodating spouses efforts…but it might not be as easy when you are the one who has already gone through a ton of changes and then WHAM! here comes another biggie for you…

Again, I am not saying that I don’t want to take care of my wife when she is pregnant, I just didn’t find the comment humorous (as it seems it was intended). It actually ticked me off a little…not that it matters.
 
I was curious as to why so many people seem to postpone having children after getting married and
In another forum I find a woman being called a fool, and worse, because she’s delighted by the birth of her 19-year-old daughter’s first child. It is being said that 19 is too young. Our present-day system of being busy with university education or else being otherwise too impecunious to have children at that age seems to be indicted by the fact that so many people think that. The new grandmother says 19 is a good time for having children because one has strength and energy then. I am inclined to agree with the grandmother. I think if our ways of life make it unwise to have children at 19, then maybe our ways of life are unnatural and should be re-examined. (This particular 19-year-old got married in a Christian ceremony; her mother, now a grandmother, seems to be religious but not following any organized or systematic religion.)
 
That would be much easier
to do if you didn’t immediately go from newlywed to learning how to handle a pregnant wife. They are both difficult and when you add them together,** it makes both of them even MORE difficult**.
This is a statement I was disagreeing with, along with the notion that it is better to delay for a stronger marriage. I just don’t see any evidence of that… Marriage is ordered towards procreation, why would the default to have a stronger marriage be to avoid procreation? Can some couple have serious reasons to delay early on? Sure, serious/just/grave reasons could pop up any time, but to say that in general it is better to wait, I disagree with that. Note, sure, it can be easier from a purely worldly point of view to not have kids at first (or at all for what it is worth), but that doesn’t mean that doing this is following God’s will.
To me, mom and dad learning how to live together and be happy is plenty serious enough to delay…we all know how detrimental parents that split up or stay together but don’t get along can be to the development of children.
I don’t understand the point here, having them too early will lead to divorce? Children don’t lead to divorce, parents do.
Why wouldn’t they be…we all know NFL is no guarantee of not getting pregnant, so your still open to life just learning to live with a new person…I’d rather do that one on one normally than pregnant…once the honeymoon phase is over -although I’m lucky ours really never ended- its a time -from when your first married- you will never get back- my advice to my friends that didn’t Co habit was to do this then have children, but again, the Church left the decision to each couple for
If the teams are losing, NFL may very well cause a lower libido… (sorry, bad joke)

Yes, exactly, which is why a couple, even if they discern they have serious reasons to avoid, have to be aware that if they are getting married and planning on having sex, children may come. If a couple believes it is impossible for them to be able to take care of children, and would not be able to do so if they got married and got pregnant, then maybe they should reflect upon the question of whether they are truly ready to marry, because, like you said, they may be blessed with a child.

As to the blanket advice of waiting…why would you automatically give couples that advice? Why encourage someone to avoid without even knowing if they do have reasons? I do not disagree with the idea that the first year of marriage will never come back, all the more important to look for God’s will, all the more important to realize the gift of time and fertility won’t come back either, and that in marriage we should only be avoiding if we have unselfish, serious/just/grave reasons to avoid. If having children means the couple will never get to go backpacking across Europe, so what? We aren’t called to do everything we fancy or want to do, or seek the easiest path… We are called to try to find and do His will.
**Well…if a couple does like they are supposed to and does not live together before they are married, there is a heck of a lot of adjusting to do after the honeymoon is over. **
You can be as ready to be married and mature as anyone in the world, but living with someone is still going to take some getting used to. That would be much easier to do if you didn’t immediately go from newlywed to learning how to handle a pregnant wife. They are both difficult and when you add them together, it makes both of them even MORE difficult.

FWIW, dh and I lived apart (my school and his work were 800+ miles, he was only in town 2 weeks after our first date, and then it was long distance), were virgins when we got married, I had just graduated college, he was used to living alone while working, yadda yadda… we never had the rocky first year people talk about and we had a baby 2 weeks before our 9 month anniversary. I had morning sickness, and we did have other issues come up that first year. I still believe the advice would have been harmful for us (and odds are we would have a family 1 or 2 kids smaller right now).
My mom had her first 9 mo after her wedding, and never avoided. My dad passed away when my brother was 1. Had they waited, odds are my brother (and maybe even I) wouldn’t be here. You are right, that time will not come back.
 
This is a statement I was disagreeing with, along with the notion that it is better to delay for a stronger marriage. I just don’t see any evidence of that… Marriage is ordered towards procreation, why would the default to have a stronger marriage be to avoid procreation? Can some couple have serious reasons to delay early on? Sure, serious/just/grave reasons could pop up any time, but to say that in general it is better to wait, I disagree with that. Note, sure, it can be easier from a purely worldly point of view to not have kids at first (or at all for what it is worth), but that doesn’t mean that doing this is following God’s will.

Again, this is you’re opinion - it almost sounds like you’re attempting to define what would be just cause and what wouldn’t - something that is up to each INDIVIDUAL couple - for that couple, they may pray about it and believe that with prayer that they believe it would be best to put off having a child until they get used to each other - I am SOOOO thankful that my husband and I had those first few years together - ALONE - there was ALOT to learn about living together - and even if my doctors had given the thumbs up to go forward with a pregnancy, I would not have wanted to neither would my husband - and after a year, we were given the clear to try but really felt we needed time to get used to living with each other (also he was out on a sub half of the time-so we didn’t have as much time together as it sounded) -this was not a “worldly” view - this is what we prayed about, were counseled by our priest about as being best and agreed to - not JUST for health reasons.
I don’t understand the point here, having them too early will lead to divorce? Children don’t lead to divorce, parents do.

I don’t believe he meant it would lead to divorce necessarily - but I agree with him, I would rather have a couple have plenty of time to get used to living with each other without any huge changes (how do you know what’s really going on with your wife if right after getting married she gets pregnant? Is it hormones from the pregnancy or is this normal behaviour for her - it really HELPS couples to know these things (at least that’s my experience)

Yes, exactly, which is why a couple, even if they discern they have serious reasons to avoid, have to be aware that if they are getting married and planning on having sex, children may come. If a couple believes it is impossible for them to be able to take care of children, and would not be able to do so if they got married and got pregnant, then maybe they should reflect upon the question of whether they are truly ready to marry, because, like you said, they may be blessed with a child.

As to the blanket advice of waiting…why would you automatically give couples that advice? Why encourage someone to avoid without even knowing if they do have reasons? I do not disagree with the idea that the first year of marriage will never come back, all the more important to look for God’s will, all the more important to realize the gift of time and fertility won’t come back either, and that in marriage we should only be avoiding if we have unselfish, serious/just/grave reasons to avoid. If having children means the couple will never get to go backpacking across Europe, so what? We aren’t called to do everything we fancy or want to do, or seek the easiest path… We are called to try to find and do His will.

I said I would tell my “friends” that and I have - I have never had any friends who were married and took this advice come to me and say “gee, I really wish we would have gone ahead and gotten pregnant or tried to get pregnant right after getting married…” I have had them come to me and say “Gee, I really wish we would have taken you and your husband’s advice and waited to have kids - sure, we love our little one, but we will never have that time together, alone and young again…” And this isn’t one or two couples - In some of my NFP course I took, we discussed what “just” reasons were to avoid - (with that CCL course we discussed the theology and reasons ad nauseum - to only come to the conclusion that if both spouses pray about this and have a priest agree that you may avoid when you truly feel you’re being called to do so )-
 
con’t

FWIW, dh and I lived apart (my school and his work were 800+ miles, he was only in town 2 weeks after our first date, and then it was long distance), were virgins when we got married, I had just graduated college, he was used to living alone while working, yadda yadda… we never had the rocky first year people talk about and we had a baby 2 weeks before our 9 month anniversary. I had morning sickness, and we did have other issues come up that first year. I still believe the advice would have been harmful for us (and odds are we would have a family 1 or 2 kids smaller right now).
My mom had her first 9 mo after her wedding, and never avoided. My dad passed away when my brother was 1. Had they waited, odds are my brother (and maybe even I) wouldn’t be here. You are right, that time will not come back.
I know that time won’t come back - and I am soooo greatful that I had that time with my husband without kids in the beginning - I see some of my friends who did get pregnant either on the honeymoon or right after (two oopses with NFP within the first 3 years - their word not mine) - and I can honestly say (as I was told) that each of those would have been happier had this child come when they planned for it - not that they resent the child - they love it (and in one of the cases we’re God Parents)- and when those kids get to be older, I assure you, their parents will tell them unless they are ready for children 9 months after saying I Do - that that should wait and pracitce NFP so they can get to know one another-
I’m really glad it worked for you - that doesn’t mean that would be true for everyone - (just like my advice is not for those that desperately want to have kids ASAP after saying I do -this is exactly why I say the Church has left it up to us to prayerfully decide. If you and your spouse pray and feel you should wait, then I see no problem with it

God Bless
Rye
 
This is a statement I was disagreeing with, along with the notion that it is better to delay for a stronger marriage. I just don’t see any evidence of that… Marriage is ordered towards procreation, why would the default to have a stronger marriage be to avoid procreation? Can some couple have serious reasons to delay early on? Sure, serious/just/grave reasons could pop up any time, but to say that in general it is better to wait, I disagree with that. Note, sure, it can be easier from a purely worldly point of view to not have kids at first (or at all for what it is worth), but that doesn’t mean that doing this is following God’s will.
Again, this is you’re opinion - it almost sounds like you’re attempting to define what would be just cause and what wouldn’t - something that is up to each INDIVIDUAL couple - for that couple, they may pray about it and believe that with prayer that they believe it would be best to put off having a child until they get used to each other - I am SOOOO thankful that my husband and I had those first few years together - ALONE - there was ALOT to learn about living together - and even if my doctors had given the thumbs up to go forward with a pregnancy, I would not have wanted to neither would my husband - and after a year, we were given the clear to try but really felt we needed time to get used to living with each other (also he was out on a sub half of the time-so we didn’t have as much time together as it sounded) -this was not a “worldly” view - this is what we prayed about, were counseled by our priest about as being best and agreed to - not JUST for health reasons.
See that is just it, I am trying to say we cannot assume we know what is a just reason for another couple. We don’t. You and your husband discerned you had serious reasons, and were even counseled by a priest. It is not wise to go around telling people they have just reasons as well, that they should avoid, when we have no idea if they should, and in fact, we might be encouraging selfish behavior instead. I am not refuting that the first year could be easier if a couple avoids, I sure think that living as a newlywed without kids would probably be easier than the months of morning sickness, followed by months of being big and not sleeping that well, followed by months of not sleeping and cleaning up spit up… yes, I do think it might be easier, but what is best? What is God’s will? Best/God’s will isn’t always easiest. We aren’t talking about what is easiest, what is the most fun, etc, we are talking about what is best for a marriage, and the best thing a couple could do for a marriage is try to figure out, and then follow, God’s will for them. We know for sure that in marriage, a couple should be open to (as in not avoiding) children, unless they discern they have serious reasons to avoid. That’s it. We cannot discern it for them, so telling them to avoid in order to enjoy each other without the responsibility of children is not a good idea. Saying people wished they would have had children later than what God sent them really doesn’t prove that God should have sent them later. A lot of people aren’t happy with God’s plans for them; it doesn’t mean God’s plans aren’t best.
I don’t believe he meant it would lead to divorce necessarily - but I agree with him, I would rather have a couple have plenty of time to get used to living with each other without any huge changes (how do you know what’s really going on with your wife if right after getting married she gets pregnant? Is it hormones from the pregnancy or is this normal behaviour for her - it really HELPS couples to know these things (at least that’s my experience)
Either way, if something is going on with your wife you help her overcome it, and she has to work towards fixing it… How does this change anything? Did you not know her before you married her to know if her behavior is characteristic of her or not? In fact, how do you know having more than one change at once won’t help the cause? It seemed to have helped in our case… Again, I am mentioning my case just to show we cannot make assumptions that about the need to wait as a newlywed for x, y or z reasons (which is what the OP brought up, and is the advice some people give out, to wait before having kids).
 
See that is just it, I am trying to say we cannot assume we know what is a just reason for another couple. We don’t. You and your husband discerned you had serious reasons, and were even counseled by a priest. It is not wise to go around telling people they have just reasons as well, that they should avoid, when we have no idea if they should, and in fact, we might be encouraging selfish behavior instead. I am not refuting that the first year could be easier if a couple avoids, I sure think that living as a newlywed without kids would probably be easier than the months of morning sickness, followed by months of being big and not sleeping that well, followed by months of not sleeping and cleaning up spit up… yes, I do think it might be easier, but what is best? What is God’s will? Best/God’s will isn’t always easiest. We aren’t talking about what is easiest, what is the most fun, etc, we are talking about what is best for a marriage, and the best thing a couple could do for a marriage is try to figure out, and then follow, God’s will for them. We know for sure that in marriage, a couple should be open to (as in not avoiding) children, unless they discern they have serious reasons to avoid. That’s it. We cannot discern it for them, so telling them to avoid in order to enjoy each other without the responsibility of children is not a good idea. Saying people wished they would have had children later than what God sent them really doesn’t prove that God should have sent them later. A lot of people aren’t happy with God’s plans for them; it doesn’t mean God’s plans aren’t best.

The couples I refered to were again “friends” - whom we are/were familiar with generally for years some from high school or college or work or yes even the NFP classes (in fact we all discussed our reasons for wanting to put off having kids). They asked what we thought - how we felt, we told them our experience and how we felt. We never said this is what you “must” do - and it’s obvious by my post that not all listened - and (in our case) each couple that went ahead and had kids - REGRETTED it - not the kids but how it happened. Our word is not Gospel (never said it was)- this way worked for us and for most of our friends - I’m thrilled the other way worked for you - you’ll never know what you missed out on getting to know your husband on your own without being pregnant or your kids - at the same time, I’ll never know just getting married and dealing with what you mentioned (having the new baby straight way, missing sleep, cleaning up spit etc.) This is why I’m glad we all have choice - but some on here are trying to say that there are very few reasons why some should avoid - I believe there are many reasons to avoid as well as many reasons to go ahead - it’s a COUPLE and God thing - so do what works for you but just as you don’t want me to force my way of “waiting” (which I didn’t force, I just reccomended - they asked how we felt what we believed, we told them)- I don’t think it’s right that others (not necessarily you) come out and say “there really are very few reasons to avoid…and it’s really not right to avoid without “grave” reason” making it sound like you have to have a health issue that’s life and death to put off having children for the first year or few years.

Either way, if something is going on with your wife you help her overcome it, and she has to work towards fixing it… How does this change anything? Did you not know her before you married her to know if her behavior is characteristic of her or not? How do you know having more than one change at once won’t help the cause? It did help in our case… Again, I am mentioning my case just to show we cannot make assumptions that about the need to wait as a newlywed (which is what the OP brought up, and is the advice some people give out, to wait before having kids).
Again, Glad it helped for you - and was good for you and I’m really happy for you that you wanted those kids and didn’t mind giving up that time of getting to know your husband on your own without any pregnancy or child for the first year or two. Again - not what everyone believes God wants for them
Rye
 
I don’t believe he meant it would lead to divorce necessarily - but I agree with him, I would rather have a couple have plenty of time to get used to living with each other without any huge changes (how do you know what’s really going on with your wife if right after getting married she gets pregnant? Is it hormones from the pregnancy or is this normal behaviour for her - it really HELPS couples to know these things (at least that’s my experience)
See, in my rather limited an anecdotal evidence, is that waiting to have children, leads to a couple becoming set in their ways and complacent (like if you get married latter, it becomes more difficult to adjust to living together or having a baby (generally). Think about it. The older one becomes, one becomes set in their ways, they develop their own processes and ways that work for them. They work when they want to work, go out, stay in, clean, cook, eat out, save, spend on their own whims. Change just becomes more difficult in general, and having a child is one of the most difficult changes that most parents will experience. It might be better to undertake that massive change while one is used to making change and being accommodating. Think about it most young adults are moving a lot and accommodating roommates or family in their living arrangements. They have to be accommodating or they would be pretty miserable.

As far as the comment about husbands being wonderful and accommodating during pregnancy… I think the point was, that we were both accommodating because of the stressful situation we were in. My husband was coddling and accommodating (though I never sent him out on late night food runs), but I made sure not to put any extra work work or expectations on him either. And considering that we had not lived together at all, I did not have prior expectations for him to not live up to. (he did do a lot of the cooking and cleaning, because I would throw up, but I was also in school all day long, and he was home looking for work). So he couldn’t or didn’t disappoint me, because of the lack of expectations.
 
See, in my rather limited an anecdotal evidence, is that waiting to have children, leads to a couple becoming set in their ways and complacent (like if you get married latter, it becomes more difficult to adjust to living together or having a baby (generally). Think about it. The older one becomes, one becomes set in their ways, they develop their own processes and ways that work for them. They work when they want to work, go out, stay in, clean, cook, eat out, save, spend on their own whims. Change just becomes more difficult in general, and having a child is one of the most difficult changes that most parents will experience. It might be better to undertake that massive change while one is use to change and being accommodating. Think about it most young adults are moving a lot and accommodating roommates or family in their living arrangements.

Again, I beg to differ - for the couples we’re friends with or familiar with - every last one that waited was glad they did - glad they got to know their spouses much better and they feel they learned to work with them better prior to having kid(s)- - I can’t name one couple I PERSONALLY know who would tell me they wished they had gone ahead and gotten pregnant straight off - again, those that did, regret (not the child’s life) but having the child so early and not getting that time together. If it works well for you the other way that’s wonderful -but in my experience - those that we know all feel that getting to know your spouse on an intimate level and living with them (yes, priests included! and I’m not going to go with a poster on here before I will our priest that reccomended and agreed with our situation) is a “serious” reason to put off having children - again to each is own - again, this is why the church leaves it up to Each couple
God Bless
Rye
 
Again, Glad it helped for you - and was good for you and I’m really happy for you that you wanted those kids and didn’t mind giving up that time of getting to know your husband on your own without any pregnancy or child for the first year or two. Again - not what everyone believes God wants for them
Rye
2371 "Let all be convinced that human life and the duty of transmitting it are not limited by the horizons of this life only: their true evaluation and full significance can be understood only in reference to man’s eternal destiny."161

It’s not about whether or not we mind giving something up (lol, and who said I didn’t mind giving up things, ahh if only I was that good 😉 ), whether or not we enjoy being without children. Enjoying a decision we make does not mean we made the best decision. I do agree with you, people should do what they think God wants of them (and to figure out what God wants of them they need to form their conscience, they need to pray, they may need the guidance of a good spiritual advisor, etc).

I will tell you something… some of my plans of things I wanted to do with my husband, that we cannot do at this moment because of having kids, but I know I would have enjoyed back then, don’t seem as wonderful any more… And I know for sure I wouldn’t trade having had any of our kids (our second child was born less than 2 weeks after our second anniversary) for any of these plans.

I have heard of people that were very happy to get their tubes tied pretty young and not have any more children, and retire and go empty nesters early… That does not mean it is the best choice, or the path God may want us to follow. That being said, it is up to a couple to discern if they have serious/just/grave reasons to avoid, at any time in their marriage.
 
lifeisbeautiful;9075926:
Marriage is ordered towards procreation, why would the default to have a stronger marriage be to avoid procreation?
QUOTE

👍

Personally because I believe that a stronger marriage will be better for the children that will come later. Even if I didn’t have a health reason - that’s a “serious” enough reason for myself, my husband and my priest.
God Bless
Rye
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top